Old 07-01-2004, 05:07 PM   #1  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Default New Year, New Goals, New Me Week 27

Hello All!

Sounds like things are falling into place for us. My slip up last week has cost me, but I am going to chug along this path and get things back in line!

My goals for this week, and for the month of July, are:

1. Stay within my points range. Use no flex points.
2. Keep up the exercise pattern I have already converted to a lifestyle.
3. No eating after 7:00 pm.

Have fun and I'll talk to you later!

Let's have a wonderful week!

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 08:55 PM   #2  

I don't know what I want to focus on this week. The exercise is good. I am even doing the dreaded weights again. Argghh. Food is the issue. Just eating too much of it, and going out again too much. Time is the issue. So, I guess to not eat out this week. I think I will start there. Followthe menus. That's it.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 11:46 AM   #3  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Jolly, sounds good! Hey, I just realized you only have 3 pounds to go to "move your bar down". How amazing! You may not feel like it, but you are doing so great!

We might have someone else joining our thread soon. Her name is Linda and she was posting over on the WW thread I posted on. I am going to focus on just this thread and the Rears thread for awhile. Need to get some focus on these issues and just pop in to say hey to the other girls.

Anyway, she is great and hopefully we'll see her here soon.

Have a great holiday weekend and be careful with our food choices. It's tough with all those BBQ's coming up. I'm still planning on having my garage sale this weekend. I hope to make enough money to go get the chest freezer we have been wanting. I can stock up on freezer stuff then!

Happy 4th!

Chach
Old 07-05-2004, 10:55 AM   #4  

Hey all. Hope everyone had a good 4th of July. I did.

Well, I have good news! I am at 250. I still have a bit to make up, to keep my 2 pound weekly loss average, but I am at 250. The bar can be moved, but need to go down next week as well to make it really official. I am so excited. What a great feeling. So, here's to a great week!
Old 07-06-2004, 11:18 AM   #5  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hey Jolly, excellent news! That is amazing and something you should be really happy about.

I am still up a few pounds, but not bad considering I haven't really been OP and haven't exercised in the last three days. Just wanted to sew and have my garage sale. Made about $200, though, so it was worth it.

I plan on having excellent weeks the next three weeks. Then surgery is only a month away. Wahoo!

Hello to everyone else!

Chach
Old 07-06-2004, 07:43 PM   #6  

OK. I posted a reply, and it totally disappeared. Hmmm. The Bermuda Net Triangle? Lost emails and posts??? Or, the Twilight Zone?

Anyway. I will let you keep Bat for awhile, to keep you on track until your surgery. But does Bat have a "mini-me" for me? I need to keep focused to keep the bar moving down down down. I did do weight workout this morning, but, even though I got up extra early to do spin as well, my tummy was a bit upset, so did not make it to spin. And boy, did I hear about it. I have to make it to step class tomorrow, or I may be beaten up

Here's to a good week, a good month, and the best us's around.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:50 AM   #7  

Good morning all. Chachee, Chequita, Connie, Dan??? What are we doing this week to take care of and value ourselves???

I did a step class this morning. Woo hoo.

Have a great day all.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:12 AM   #8  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Good morning all! (Or should I say Jolly?)

Had a great day with exercise and food yesterday. Only slip up was a few low fat Pringles, which wasn't all that bad.

Went to Applebees for dinner and had the mesquite chicken salad and the chocolate raspberry cake (all on the Weight Watchers menu) and it was incredible. Very good and very filling for only 8 points. I was very happy.

Got up this morning and went for my walk. The hill was kicking my butt, but I did it all and got that done.

Tonight is weigh in, and I will still be up, but when you consider I was up 12 pounds this time last week, then I think I've done well. I expect to be up around 4 still. I'm taking steps to correct the error of my ways!

These next four weeks for me are going to be awesome! I just know it and would like a little extra kick from my support group here. I know I can do it and really really really want to make a big impression on my mom. If I can get the gain off from last week plus 8 more, I will be down around 60 since she saw me last Christmas. I think I can do it.

Okay, have a great day!!

Chach
Old 07-07-2004, 11:59 AM   #9  

Good morning Jolly and Chachee!

I had a nice 4th; did the fireworks thing and a cookout. I think I did really well with the cookout - had a hamburger patty (no bread), tomatoes, onion pickle, and diet Sierra mist. I did have a slice of cheesecake, but I did not eat the crust.

Monday I didn't do well at all with food. I went to weigh-in, lost 1 pound (which includes the 1/2 pound I gained the week before). Later that day I went out to eat - I ordered the special which was grilled chicken breast, cornbread dressing and mac and cheese. That wasn't too bad I guess, but then I decided to get dessert and I got the apple dumpling (baked apples, ice cream, crust). Well this dessert was big enough for two! I was stuffed when I left there. That evening I ate a bacon-tomato sandwich and ended the day with two big bowls of Captain Crunch. Well I paid for it that night, woke up with acid reflux and all day Tues I was nauseated. This has been a pattern every Mon that I weigh-in, I think I can eat what I want and take the next week to get it off.

I had a good day yesterday - stayed in my points and got some exercise (took a walk, washed and waxed the car), got my water in.

So far today I have taken a 15 min walk. My focus this week is going to be on activity - I realize I've got to exercise if I want more than a 1 lb loss every week.

CHACHEE - I wish you luck on weigh-in, hope the scale is good to you. I went to Applebees last week (first time since they got the WW menu), I ordered the talipia with mango salsa; it was good, but it was spicy hot. I noticed most of the items on the menu have hot seasonings; next time I will ask that they not put the seasoning on my food. What kind of surgery are you going to have??

JOLLY - congrats on your weight loss!!!

Chequita - hope you had a nice 4th and did well with your fireworks stand.

See you all later.
dixiedarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:18 AM   #10  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Good morning, ladies!

Weigh in was not bad last night. Considering I was up 12 pounds the week earlier (how that happened I have no idea) I was only up one pound last night. It's a workable number, as I can get that off this next week. I am hoping to be down 3.8 to get my 35 pound star. I hope I can. I really want 40 (honestly 50) off by the time of surgery. That is six weeks away.

Connie: I do the same thing on Wednesday nights. Any cravings or anything bad I want it has to be Wednesday nights. I figure I have the whole next week to take it off. Sick, but true. I did that last night. Instead of our normal pizza, though, we had salad and garlic bread. I came home and had about 5 pringles, 5 chocolate/shortbread cookies and one small candy bar. I am up one pound this morning, so I am okay so far. I am having breast reduction surgery on August 11th. I'm looking forward to it and can't wait to see what I look like when it's all done!

Hellos to Jolly and Chequita and Lucky and Dan! Maybe they will come back sometime??

Okay, when I start the new thread tomorrow (or whoever gets here first) I'd like each one of us to say something positive about ourselves. It doesn't have to be weight-related. Just something nice that we either did this last week or a personality trait. I find the smaller I get, the more compliments I am getting. Well, it's been so long that I really don't know how to take a compliment. I'm working on that. I think if we all realize what great people we truly are, then I think its going to help when that all starts happening to each of us. So, put those thinking caps on and we'll post them on the new thread tomorrow.

Chach
Old 07-08-2004, 12:45 PM   #11  

Hey all. I like that. One nice thing. A day? That would be good. Get us to focus on the positive, instead of all those negative tapes that keep running through the mind.

Congrats on the losses, guys. Way to go. Also, re the post weigh in binges. Some people find that giving themselves one day a week to not obsess about food actually helps them lose weight. Just a thought.

I am having an off day. I skipped my workout for the first time in a couple of months. I was just tired. Ah well, tomorrow is another day.

Have a good one all.
Old 07-09-2004, 03:04 PM   #12  

Talking Friday 7/7

Hi ladies!

Just back from seeing my dr; my numbers were good - cholesterol, blood sugar, blood pressure, and my weight was down 19 lbs from my last visit with him in April He said I was making his job easy. I am to see him again in Oct; I want to lose 15 lbs by then.

I did not exercise yesterday - one of my knees was hurting a little so I thought I ought to let it rest. I haven't had time so far today to exercise and it's too hot outside right now to walk (but not too hot to walk on the treadmill in the house - no excuses).

JOLLY - you need to rest; even God took a day off when He created the Earth.

CHACHEE - I think you have some major water retention going on. Good luck with your surgery.When my weight comes off my breasts will look like deflated balloons

Chequita and Lucky - hope you are having a good day.

I forgot to ask - on what day do you start a new thread? Chachee that is a great idea and I will be thinking about it this weekend. I will probably not be back in here until Mon. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
dixiedarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 04:45 PM   #13  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Alrighty, time for the new thread....get those positive thoughts ready..

Chach