Old 07-01-2004, 08:34 AM   #1  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Talking Weighty Issues #17

Welcome to the July edition of the Weighty Issues Thread. We are a group of awesome women who support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, Weighty Issues is the place to be. Come on in, grab a chair and stay and chat a while. You'll be glad you did!
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 08:37 AM   #2  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEMPY!!!!!! Have a great weekend. You deserve it!!!

Cal, Have fun in Alaska and we will miss you while you are gone.

Noelle, I saw that firefighter surfing school on the Travel Channel. That is close to you? I want to come to Hawaii so bad someday but I think in order for me to do it with Jay I have to wait until Rebel dies. They had airfare specials on the news yesterday for $450.00 to Hawaii. I told Jay I wanted to go.

I gotta go wreck my Mom's car but I will check back in a while.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:23 AM   #3  

Wink

Hey Ladies!

Happy Birthday to Angie and Kempy! May you both have great years and even better cake!

Cal safe travels for Alaska! Enjoy the cooler weather and seeing your DH!

Noelle I'm okay. Heck of a week but I am on vacation next week!!!!!
but I don't think I would EVER leave the beach if I worked with surfers and fire fighters. That sounds close to heaven. How are you? Congrats on making it through preschool to you and your son. That calls for some ice cream. I think alot of things call for Ice cream

Angie welcome to the world DSL - you will love it! Wreck your mom's car?

Kempy I hope you have an amazing day followed by an even more amazing weekend and that you will NOT be bored at work.

Ok craziness calls again - I will try to check in more before I leave!

Quote:
If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane. -Jimmy Buffet

be well.

Summer Flaherty

Last edited by GEMonster; 07-01-2004 at 11:27 AM.
GEMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 11:42 AM   #4  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANGIE!!!! !! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I will be thinking of you today. I am happy that you will be alone with Jay and maybe you can fit a little romance between all the work you have ahead of you this holiday weekend. I don't even know what the **** romance is anymore ! I love ya all like sisters and so glad I have came here almost a year ago. love ya and be special to yourself today!!!! Happy-Bday to the rest of your family also.

Kempy!!!! !! I will also be thinking of you today. I wish we were all together and could go out for some really good mexican food and margaritas, well Angie just may order a beer or a cocktail ! Like I said I love you girls like sisters since I don't have any or girlfriends. Treat yourself today and be good to yourself.

Hi Noelle I missed you too. God that girl is crazy for leaving that job with the fireman....I take an application ! Our little ones are growing so fast. How are you and Rick holding up? I am a wreck about it. I always think what in the **** is the world going to be like in twenty years....more disease?, wars?, or well gotta think postivie. Hang in there and if you ever need to talk or vent pm, or I will give you my number or address. Mine will just be starting pre-school in the fall and I am a mess about that . Get a grip, I keep telling myself.

Cal have a great time. I want to go to Alasaka someday. I am sure Ashley will be excited to see Daddy. Relax and enjoy!!!!

I think I am going to lose it this week with this pms. Last night I was in tears and had another panic attack. They get worse with this stupid time. Plus do mens heads go in there butts when this time comes. He heard me crying and just went back to sleep. So cold and such an ***. Its really hard to deal with these stupid issues of mine and take care of a house, kids, and try and lead a normal life. I am only here on these message boards where the husbands can be jerks? Oh well this too shall pass.... . It is another beautiful day here. Lots of sun and warm weather. Hi everyone else. Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 04:52 PM   #5  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

okay, My sister showed up this morning and we got all of the decorations for my Mom's car. When we were driving up the road I could see her car in the parking lot and there were balloons and stuff on it. I said" **** someone already took our idea!" So we pulled in front of the car and I got reading the banners on the car and they Said HAPPY 32 BIRTHDAY ANGIE!! So we got out laughing as half of the mill was watching us out the door and Mom comes running out with her camera yelling GOTCHA!!! She had some carnations in the seat and a candy bar and a note saying I got you first. Needless to say I was surprised. So she had to get back to work and we ripped everything off her car and decorated it for OVER THE HILL. The women by the door kept laughing especially when we were done. It was fun.

Jay brought me home some fresh strawberries and cordless speakers for the stereo so I dont have to crank it to hear it out back. He is so sweet. I had a good day.

Summer, Have a great vacation. You deserve it girl after the last few weeks you have had.

Julie, {{{{{HUGS}}}}} I hope you are feeling better soon. I wished we lived closer too so you could hang out with us when you start to feel down and we could cheer you up. I think of you guys like my sisters too. I know I normally talk to you guys more often than my family.

Last edited by angieME; 07-02-2004 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-02-2004, 08:59 AM   #6  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

How is everyone doing? My kids are officially gone for the weekend. YEAH!!!! I am sorry to sound so happy but they were miserable yesterday. I made it through my birthday on track pretty well. I had some Town House crackers last night that I shouldnt have but other than that I was okay. I think I am going to grill hamburgers tonight and then tomorrow night I will make my lobster spaghetti and that hopefully will help me through the weekend on track....now to find the time to work out.....
Old 07-02-2004, 09:02 AM   #7  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Kempy, I bought the book Eating For Life. Your guide to Great Health Fat Loss & Increased Energy by Bill Phillips from Amazon.com. It sounds like it may be able to help me work around my habit of eating the same things everyday.
Old 07-02-2004, 03:59 PM   #8  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hello ladies, yesterday was a Friday for me so I didn't get a chance to get online. My parents went island hopping for the weekend and Mike's out of school so it's him and me today. I just dropped them off at the airport and went to Costco to get gas. So what are your area's average prices for regular unleaded? I hear prices are going down on the mainland. Our average here is about $2.24+ REGULAR! At Costco it's about $2.04 so I drive there to fill up.

Angie congrats girl on getting back on track! I knew you'd get it back. Send me some of that mojo. Your mom sounds really funny, just like you. Glad you had a great birthday. Have a wonderfully ish weekend w/Jay--I'm sure you'll have fireworks

Kempy, hope you're enjoying yourself as well. Have fun at your b-day party!

((((Julie))), here's another hug. I don't have many girlfriends that live near me as most have moved to the mainland so I consider you gals my pals, for sure. Believe me, my husband can be a real pain in the @ss sometimes, he drives me crazy a LOT but I love him anyway.

Cal, you're probably well on your way to AK by now. Have a safe journey.

Summer I agree, ice cream is called for . Your day must be half over by now, then you can enjoy your long weekend and vacation week Have a great time.

Well ladies, I think we'll be heading out to watch Two Brothers today, I will try to stay out of the fatty fatty greasy oily disgusting movie popcorn. Chat w/ya laters.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 05:51 PM   #9  

Hi girls

Noelle great to see ya back! Island hopping sounds fun. Its like cornfield hopping here ! Not really I live in a city with 102,000. Have fun at your movie. God your making think of movie popcorn. I just love it. Grease and all! When hus and I were dating we would go and rent a movie and there was a theatre close by so we would stop and pick up a huge bucket of popcorn kind of nerdy, huh?

Angie thanks for the address. I will get you out mine. That is really sweet of Jay to get you strawberries and the speakers. You know strawberries are the shape of hearts. I can tell by your posts you guys are so in love !! How sweet. After my hus was being an a** the other night he walked in yesterday from work with a red rose for me. It was nice but I still think he was acting jerky !! Your menu for tonight and tomorrow night sounds delish! Tonight we are having ginger, honey, soy marinated salmon. Baked potatoes and veggies.

Well supper is on I better get going. Hi to everyone. And Happy 4th of July!! Check back later....Julie
Old 07-02-2004, 07:40 PM   #10  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

MMM Julie, Your supper sounds so good. I have never had salmon before. Maybe I should try it sometime. I am hitting the point where I want to eat everything again. I ate 1 1/2 hamburgers for supper.

Yep, me and Jay are geeks with the lovey dovey stuff. I just love to be with him, we keep saying that it was fate that we met. I met him for a second one day and then about a couple weeks later me and my friends happened to go to his town and he was riding by as we were turning off the side street to head back to our town. We have been together ever since.

That was sweet of your husband to bring you flowers after an argument. I hope you two got everything worked out.

Well, I had better get off the puter since we have been getting thunder storms all day.

Luv ya guys!!!!
Old 07-04-2004, 11:10 AM   #11  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Default Happy 4th Of July!!!!!!

Hey girls!!! I hope you are all out enjoying your long weekend. Well, wouldnt ya know it but I started my period yesterday!!!! I always start it on the weekends the kids are gone. Luckily, I was safe on Thursday.

I went to Walmart yesterday and bought all of the things I need to redo my master bathroom. I painted it this morning and I have the rose border to do later. I bought all the mats and window stickers etc. in the purple rose. It goes perfect with the swags over my mirrors. It should look really nice when it is done.

I caved yesterday and my junk total was: Breakfast: cereal and skim milk
snack: 1 no bake cookie
Lunch: BBQ chicken sandwichw/veggies on it.
snack: 1 piece of fudge
supper: Loster/spaghetti/parmesan
snack: 1 piece of fudge

I know it wasnt good by a long shot but considering what I would have eaten on a normal Saturday it was pretty good.

Well, I gotta gop to work but I will check back later in case anyone gets a chance to post.
Old 07-04-2004, 11:11 AM   #12  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Julie, I bought some Atlantic Salmon yesterday. How do you cook yours?
Old 07-04-2004, 04:55 PM   #13  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies, hope you're all enjoying your 4th! I'm just lounging around today, it's so humid I'm just sitting here at the 'puter with the fan on, Michael's playing Shrek 2 on the Xbox and Rick's out riding his bike at the Choppers Only 4th of July motorcycle rally. I don't know if you guys watch American Chopper or the Biker Buildoff series on the Discovery Channel but a bunch of the guys are down here for the event...Billy Lane, Paul Cox, Indian Larry. I was going down to see the bikes until I found out i'd have to pay $10 to get in, cheapskate that I am . Instead, Michael and I are making the jello cheesecake shaped like a flag . I'll whip up a salmon and tofu salad for dinner later on. We're having the usual Sunday BBQ but we're having burgers and grilled shrimp along with our apple pie.

Angie, you probably already cooked yours up but I usually put my salmon filet in a foil pouch and just sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic powder on it, maybe some dill and just pop it in the oven or throw it right on the BBQ grill. Then I squeeze some lemon juice on it when I'm ready to eat. Easy and no added fat. Rick on the other hand, would smear a layer of mayo on it then wrap it and bake it. That's really tasty too but ya know how much fat mayo can have--and I only like the real stuff, no reduced fat or fat free *yuck* Hey girl, you've been doing great and a few pieces of fudge aren't going to kill you. You're doing a lot better than I am. I'm not even trying right now. I will have to soon though, if I'm going to meet Cal in October. Talk about motivation! Don't work too hard today, it's a holiday!

Julie, we enjoyed the movie Two Brothers, that was really cute. Kinda sad at times, but overall a good movie. I stayed out of the popcorn for the most part. I just bought a kids pack (the popcorn and drink) so there wasn't that huge bag to deal with. Hehe, Rick and I have done the same thing w/buying the movie popcorn then going home to watch a DVD... you're salmon sounds great. I love that soy/ginger combination on chicken and steaks too.

Well, hope everyone else is having a blast this weekend> Anyone off tomorrow? I am I am See y'all around tomorrow.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 05:32 PM   #14  

Default Happy 4th of July

Hey girls Happy 4th of July

I just typed up this long post and poof! Gone!!! Ugh!!

Angie hi, I usually make the salmon the same way Noelle does with a foil pouch and a pat of butter, s&p, lemon juice or the honey, ginger, soy, lemon, garlic marinade. That marinade is great on chicken fish or pork or beef. I started TOM today. We are getting on a pretty close schedule,lol!! I just wish these damn emotions would go away. One minute happy the next sad. Oh well, I have alot to be thankful for and I just need to think about that.
Don't worry about the fudge. Its not like you ate a whole pan. I think it looks like you had a healthy day.

Noelle my hus watches Orange County Choppers. I love the dad on that show. I have watched that one several times. I don't know the other ones you said but I am sure my husband would, he watches all those shows. Your cheesecake and bbq sounds great. I am craving a cheesecake so bad. My sil is having a cookout tonight. She makes great potatoe salad. One of my downfalls. Hehehehe....

Well Hello to everyone else!! Everyone be safe and have fun. Check back later or tomorrow. Julie
Old 07-05-2004, 09:54 AM   #15  

Hey guys! Sorry I havn't had the time to get here. We were pretty busy over the past few days. My b-day dinner was AWESOME. Shrimp and tassso pasta with a big piece of rocky road cheesecake after. And then for the party a friend of mine made a choc. cake with choc. icing covered with choc cake crumbs, nuts and snickers. YUMMY!!! There is no more in my house. I am not relaly worried about the damage that is done b/c it is to late now. Plus I am PMSy.

Julie that is sweet of your hubby with the flower. See, I bet there is a little bit of goodness left in him. He may have just forgotten where itis sometimes.

Noelle let that girl know that I will be right over there to take her old job. They don't need to send out anything to annouce that they are hiring. Our gas prices here are going down too right now they are $1.74. That is the cheapest I have seen in awhile.

Angie are the kids home? Did you have a great time without them? That is pretty funny about your mom's car. Oh yeah, and the bear you sent was the hit of my party. WE were all inside and my nepew started to dress it up with stremers. Before i knew it the bear was drinking a beer and then they had him pased out. I have more pictures of the bear then I do anyone else.

Does anyone have today off?
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote