Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 09:38 PM   #1  

Default WW Feisty & Sexy 50-60 yr old #22

G'day everyone,

It is becoming very exciting with now also having Karen join us in posting her 'vital statistics' each week and a new person joining our group, welcome Dawn I am sure you will enjoy being part of our group.
I am 59, married and have a son and daughter that are both married but no grandchildren for me as yet.
My husband works for an American Company, we hope to retire in a couple of years time and make a visit to America and Canada.

Marnie I haven't used my overlocking (serger) machine much yet. Whilst I was in Manila I bought some tutorial CD's on creating websites in Dreamweaver. My dh bought a second hand laptop to use in our 4x4 wheel drive with our GPS......I have it now sitting on my desk running my tutorial CD's whilst I follow it on my own laptop. I have used Dreamweaver for some time and are self taught but these CD's are teaching me so much more and working along with it, it is great.
At the moment that is certainly keeping my mind of food. By the way I NEVER cook chicken with the skin on, I really don't like it.

To Slavika and Trudy I hope you are enjoying 'Canada Day'. I have to admit Trudy I feel pretty gutsy for putting my weight up here for the world to see, but I wasn't getting anywhere so drastic action was needed. You have done so well without having to resort to these sort of tactics!

Karen I am pleased that the s-i-l is doing the right thing and life is good. I do really like you getting on your 'soapbox' so please feel free, it always makes a lot of sense.

Our d-i-l lost her first netball test match against New Zealand last night. The game was televised at 11.30 pm. It was a very rough and physical game, no doubt they are nursing a few bruises today. Once the netball was finished I just HAD to switch over to see how the tennis was going and sat and watched Lleyton Hewit (local Adelaide boy) get beaten by Federer It was well after 2 am when I finally turned out the light and went to sleep.

Haven't seen Peggy for a while, I hope that means she has sold her house and has been too busy.

I am back to doing my tutorials.......

Cheers all,
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 06-30-2004 at 09:44 PM.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:56 PM   #2  

Back again......
I have just come across this website with some excellent information, recipes etc. etc.

http://www.dietclub.com.au/

Do yourself a favour and check it out

Maria
Old 07-01-2004, 12:27 AM   #3  
Net browser

Hi Dawn
Welcome to our little bit of 3FC. We have done a lot of "talking" on this board and it's nice to get ideas from the other gals and support in our weight loss journey.

I am 64 years old, married, and have, a wonderful son who is married to an incredible gal, and I have an 8 year old granddaughter and 10 year old grandson.

I am back at WW and working to get back to my goal weight.
I weigh 164.2# and my goal weight is 150#.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/136/128

Smile Greetings, Ladies:

First of all WELCOME, DAWN!

I am 65 years young, married, with one son. We live in Minnesota not far from St. Paul. I am a legal secretary, working part-time. I am a quilter and if I can keep at it, it keeps me from overeating! DS has a girlfriend so not sure if I'll see any grandchildren.

And to our dear Canadian friends, Slavika and Trudy HAPPY "DOMINION DAY" TO YOU BOTH!

Each year for the Fourth, Minnesota has a celebration: Taste of Minnesota - foods from every possible locale and lots of it - mostly deep fried! (No, I'm not going!) In conjunction with the celebration, there is a flotilla of boats coming from the south - mostly New Orleans and they are docked near the Taste of MN on the Mississippi River. A most beautiful site - hopefully we can get near enough to see them.

Maria, I watched the tennis, too. I'm sorry to report I was cheering on Federer. I am not a William's sisters fan. I wanted Jennifer Capriati to win and I'm still hoping Linsey Davenport can walk away with Wimbledon. (Sorry about the netball loss). I bookmarked the "Diet Club" site and will peruse it shortly. I stayed up and watched CBS Mystery Investigation. It just catches me and I have to watch the whole thing - but I can't stay up until 2:00 a.m.

Trudy, I'd like to get the hand mixer; I'd also like to get a food processor - I guess you can even knead bread in them. I'd like to make bread again when winter hits.

I'll be back.

Marnie
Old 07-01-2004, 10:29 AM   #5  

Good Morning Ladies,
Tomorrow is weigh in , So NO popcorn tonight... Because of the salt can't eat it with out salt.....
It is slow weight loss but I guess that is good .
I lost 70 lbs in 2002 and 2003 the Dr gave me paxil cr and I gained lots of weight and they swithed me to lexapro and more weight. since getting off of that med I have lost about 10 lbs in 6 weeks.So I have about30 or 35 to get to goal.
I'm 5'3""and currently weght 185.
Hubby has been doing Atkins and doing great has lost 40 lbs. But I don't lose very much on it.
This morning I had oatmeal and it stays with me a long time.
Every one have a nice day.
Happy Dominion Day to you celebrating it.
and Happy 4th to all.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:46 PM   #6  
Super Surfer

Smile Welcome Dawn

It is always nice to welcome another "loser" to our board. Dawn, you have a nice start to the losing process already. Sometimes the side effects from meds can really mess up our weight.
I am the other Canadian on the board, married for 39 years (celebrating that event on the 17th of this month). I have 1 daughter, a great son-in-law and have the most beautiful little of a grand-daughter who will be 18 months soon. I am struggling to get back to goal... just inching my way and having the occasional set-back like the one I am experiencing this week. My DH doesn't have a weight issue. If he decides to lose a few lbs, he cuts out desserts and drops 5 lbs in one week.

Marnie I haven't heard the term Dominion Day in a long time. That is what they used to call it, now it is called CANADA DAY. I don't think a food processor is good for mixing dough. To make your own bread, get yourself a bread machine. I have had one for 7 years and wouldn't be without it. You just can't beat the taste of fresh homemade bread, and you can control what goes into the loaf. A lot of people think they will gain lots of weight with all that lovely bread, but we don't eat a lot, just really enjoy what we do eat. I make my own croutons and bread crumbs with what is left over, and have been known to toss out some slices and make a new loaf.

It is going to be a gorgeous day here, so DH and I will be heading out to enjoy it. Have a great day everyone...
Old 07-01-2004, 05:37 PM   #7  
Fun Blonde

Welcome, Dawn. Won't you please tell us something about yourself? If you have, I have missed it. I am 60 years old, live in Oklahoma, have 3 sons -2 have produced 7 grandchildren. I work at OSU as an Executive Assistant (really, secretary). My husband of 41 years also works at OSU as an electrician. I am currently at goal, but it is always a struggle. I have been a lifetime member for 20 years, but more than not, 20 pounds above goal. Hope to change that this time. And regarding medicine, I do believe that as we age, this stuff keeps us alive but is a key factor in our weight gains. Of course, the other is that exercise thing. We talk about everything in our lives and you will get to know us well. Just come by when you have a moment.
Glenda
Old 07-01-2004, 06:22 PM   #8  
Net browser

Hi Everybody

Son and family left for the lake for a couple of weeks. Son and grandson didn't quite finish the little boat, it still has to be painted but they will do that out at the lake.
Yesterday was the last day of school for our grandchildren, so last evening we gave them their"passing presents". They are both A students and love school, but sure were happy that their summer holidays were starting. Our grandson plays hockey and my DH knew somebody, that knew somebody, LOL, that could get him one of those VECTOR fibreglass hockey sticks a little cheaper then the $200.00 that the sporting goods stores were charging. When DH came into our living room carrying that hockey stick for our grandson his face lit up and he had the most wonderful smile I've ever seen on a kid. He must of thanked us 10 times for the present. After a couple of weeks at the lake our DIL is taking the children on a road trip to Alberta to visit her brother and family so we just gave our granddaughter a little bit more holiday money then we gave to our grandson. They were both pleased.
DH and I worked outside today. We had those new basement windows put in and the new doors and we had paint the trim around them. It had been raining so much, this was the first opportunity we had to do it.
We are going to BBQ some pork chops, and I made a nice salad and we have corn on the cob........ I really worked up an appetite, and hope I burned a couple calories too.
Today is of course a holiday, Canada Day, but DH is back to work tomorrow, for one day, then he's off for the weekend.
Bye for now.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:49 PM   #9  

Just wanted to get my stats up . I am the proud loser of 1.6# my weight is at 154 now. I need to go to bed now will write in the morning. Welcome Dawn!
Old 07-02-2004, 12:13 AM   #10  

I had trouble yeaterday posting with losing posts
I'm 60 almost 61 and in 2002 I lost 70 lbs and then re gained 40. Now back to WW again and losing again. I'm from Iowa way back when George was a boy.
and Met Hubby in MD he was in the navy we lived in CA for about 17 years and when he retired from the navy we moved to PA and I was a hairstylist for 35 years I haven't worked since 1997. I'm Diabetic when I had lost the weight I got off insulin now back on it. Hoping to get the weight off to get back off insulin.
Everyone have a nice OP Day
Old 07-02-2004, 04:59 PM   #11  

Hi all,

I was just wiped out yesterday. Thursday's really get to me anymore.(3 Meetings)

Just got back from the bank and the 4th of July traffic is awful in this little town. Had to wait for a nice man to let me out on to the main road.

Been on track all day and feel great about it.

Dawn I am 58 and my DH is about to retire. We have just bought a house in Florida and are moving there the end of this month. It will be quite a change from central Minnesota. We are just plain tired of the cold and long winters. I am also a Weight Watchers Leader. Have been working for weight watchers for almost 10 years. And plan to do so in Florida too. I lost 50 pounds 10 years ago and still struggle to keep it off. Right now I am winning a battle of 4 pounds . Sometimes I get tired of all this just like a lot of my members do ,but never want to look like my before picture again.

This a busy weekend for us so I can't hang around her too long.

To all of you Happy 4th of JUly and Canada Day.

See you later
Karen

This is a gret bunch of gals on this board. We have been *talking* for several years . Theya re a great support group nomater weight it is weight loss or family problems. Some times we just like to kid around.
Old 07-04-2004, 02:03 PM   #12  
Net browser

Hi Everybody

It's quiet around here today. I guess all you American gals are celebrating the 4th. I hope your weather has been a little kinder to you this weekend then ours has.
I think I mentioned that DH hurt his back when we were in Maui last February, when he was practicing hitting golf balls and it has been kind of bothering him off and on a bit since we have been home (not a lot, just a twinge now and again). On Friday it started to hurt him a little and yesterday and today he has been in a lot of pain. I don't know how your "menfolk" are when they don't feel good but mine has the patience of crying baby waiting for it's bottle. He is not accustomed to feeling bad and doesn't know what to do with himself. Oye vey!
We got an e-mail from our son from the lake with some pictures. We are now the proud grandparents of a Guinea Pig . I guess you could say she is my grandpig. LOL LOL Our granddaughter is so excited to have this fur faced pet (she has only had fish). My DIL is a little allergic to dogs, cats but I guess she is thinking if the little one keeps the guinea pig in her room maybe it won't be so bad. Apparently the pig is 2 years old and belonged to another little girl that has lost interest in it. The pig is a female and her name is "CINNAMON". I phoned my granddaughter and she has a very difficult time saying, "Cinnamon" so she told me that sometimes she might just call her "GINGER".
Dawn I have type 2 diabetes, and take Apo-Glyburide every day, one in the morning and one at dinner time. When my weight is up or if I don't walk on my treadmill my blood sugar goes up. My Father was insulin dependent and that is where I was headed if I didn't do something, so that is when I went back to WW. I got to my goal weight in October of 1998 (I think) and since, I am up and down a bit. This time I allowed too much weight to come back on and I am angry at myself for doing that. I'm on the right track now and plan to stay there. We are so lucky on this board because we have two gals who work for Weight Watchers, Karen and Lily
Talk to you all soon. Bye for now.

Last edited by slavika; 07-04-2004 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-04-2004, 07:20 PM   #13  

G'day all,

Very quickly before I go to the gym, I am down a further .9 kg this morning, very happy with that.

Slavika yes husbands seem to be the same the world over, mine has a 'huge' pimple just on the cartlidge of his ear and he is in agony as you would with such a dreadful infliction! The very small pimple has now burst and he is all smiles again!
A sore back would have to atract a bit more sympathy than a pimple
Congratulations on the arrival of your grandpig My children had some but I won't share with you the stories of our experience, I am sure your grandpig will be so much better
DH flew back to Singapore yesterday and will find out this week what is in store for us till the end of the year. There are several possibilities, wait and see again.

I must fly now to the gym......

Have a great day all,
Cheers
Maria

Starting weight: 94.9 kg
goal weight: 72 kg
todays weight 89.9kg
-.9 from last week

Total loss 5 kg
Old 07-04-2004, 10:14 PM   #14  
Life Time 2001

Welcome Dawn! Glad you decided to join us!
Im not around much but try and poke my head in at least once a week.

Im 54, I'm the baby of the group Eeekkkkk! I lied I turned 55 last month Live in Calif.
Looking forward to getting to know you!

MAria: SOunds like you are doing great in the losing department Keep it up! ANd WTG!!!!!

I still need to get 5 # off. Been quite lazy lately. 2 weeks ago I fell. I had just washed my floors and was not wearing shoes and boom down she went. Scraped my knee real bad. Last week end I stubbed my toe on my Computer chair. Broke it. So havent been to the gym in 2 weeks. ALAS!!!!!
But I went out today and bought some shoes to wear anound the house. HAte it. I do hate shoes in the summer. But Im tierd of hurting myself to. Sooooooo

Hope all that Celebrate had a great 4th!
We are staying home and watching movies.
Attached Images
File Type: gif wgbclambakebabe.gif (6.1 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by LilyG; 07-04-2004 at 10:18 PM.
Old 07-05-2004, 12:16 AM   #15  

Default Hi.

I'm very new to this and I don't really know how this board works. I have been on WW for a looong time. I have lost 75 pounds and need to lose 15 more to reach my goal. I think ww is a great way of life. I tryed all different kinds of diets that did not work. But ww is not a diet it is a way of life which I believe to be very true.
I'm 55 soon to be 56. I'm a widow with 6 great kids. I'm really starting to love life again. This time it is for me.
Have a great rest of the night all.
Closed Thread