Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2001, 12:14 AM   #1  
Teacher Lady

For the past two days, I can't seem to stay on program no matter what I do. I had a friend in town over the weekend and ate out with her a few times.....today I had a professional developement day and there was tons of food around....

I know I am off becuase for the past two weeks, I have been really concentrating on the program and the results are not showing on the scale. I have been on WW for six weeks and am down 15 pounds and a whole size.

I want to do this! I need to regain control! Help me!!!!

------------------
Work like you don't need the money; love like you've never been hurt; and dance like no one is watching.
Old 02-27-2001, 12:28 AM   #2  

Whatever you do dont give up. Remember results dont always show on the scale only .Especially if you are excercising and building muscle.It sounds like you are doing great so far. Take it one day at a time YOU CAN DO IT.

Old 02-27-2001, 12:58 AM   #3  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hang tight! Do what you know works for you and it will work again.
Good luck!
Old 02-27-2001, 02:26 AM   #4  

When I feel like I can't stop eating, I think to myself, "OK, I just won't eat for the next hour." And usually by the time that hour has passed, I'm not longer concentrating on food. It's just a matter of stopping the food-focused train of thought. Or if it is a particular meal, just think that you will stay OP for that meal- don't think about the next meal or your long term goals, just think about the meal and getting through it. We both know, if you make it thorugh one meal OP (or at least eating less/healthier than you would have before WW), you will feel EXCELLENT afterwards! And you can always tell yourself that if you do stay OP for that meal, that you will have something yummy later on in the day with your unused points.

Other thoughts, when you are feeling out of control- WALK AWAY FROM THE FOOD!! I am telling myself this all the time. "Just walk away!" Leave the kitchen, go back to your desk at work, move to the other side of the room at the meeting. Putting food out of arm's reach is very effective. Or chew gum, drink a glass of water instead, make a phone call, run that errand that you've been putting off.

By the way, 15 lbs in 6 weeks is great! If you can do that, you can avoid these temptations!

I'm glad you posted this message. I think I really needed to write all those thoughts down for myself- I've been slipping a little off the wagon myself these days.

Tumbler
Old 02-27-2001, 03:27 AM   #5  

You're doing great! Think about those fifteen that you've already lost. Remind yourself that those fifteen are gone and just a couple of days of being a little off program aren't going to make a big difference. Continue doing the program and you will reach your goal. It has taken me four months to lose twenty and I've been battling the same two pounds for the last three weeks.

Good luck. You can do it!
Old 02-27-2001, 04:21 AM   #6  

This quote that I found on Dotti's site today sure helped me. Maybe it will help you, too - especially the last line.

The greatest thing you have is the 24 hours in front of you.
The past is gone; the future is distant. Today you CAN succeed.
Set a goal you can achieve in the next 24 hours.

You can do it. Just for today. :-) Then start tomorrow the same way.

Helen

[This message has been edited by Helen B (edited 02-26-2001).]
Old 02-27-2001, 05:36 AM   #7  

Remind yourself:

------------------
BEING FAT IS HARDER THAN ANY DIET!
Old 02-27-2001, 05:47 AM   #8  

Review your goals and why you joined WW in the first place. Tell yourself how important this lifestyle is... and that you are worth it. Because you are worth it - we all are!

You can do it!!

Nancy
Old 02-27-2001, 06:06 PM   #9  
Teacher Lady

Well, thanks everyone for your support.
I am going to try to jump back on today.
I know I have to do this.....can't even understand why I am so off track. Let's see how today goes......

------------------
Work like you don't need the money; love like you've never been hurt; and dance like no one is watching.
Old 02-27-2001, 07:51 PM   #10  
Getting better every day!

spinksy, and everyone else-
I have been having the same problem and each day is a struggle to stay (or get OP). Today is a new day and so far, so good.
We can all do this together.
I have been going to meetings, but staying away from the scale-I'm a returning LT member. I have lost 56# and have about 40 more to go. My mini-goal at this time is to reach 60# lost. Memorial Day is a short 3 months away, when the pool opens. Maybe I'm thinking too far ahead! One day at a time, sometimes 30 minutes at a time is easier to handle!!
Good luck-let's keep tabs on each other, we all need it.

------------------
Donna
[email protected] (work)
[email protected](home)
Old 02-27-2001, 08:40 PM   #11  

Years ago Weight Watchers had a saying: "You have it in you to get it off you."

I read this one on another site: "The only one stopping me is me and I can take her."

Dotti's website has some good inspirational quotes that have helped me as well.

You can do it!
Old 02-28-2001, 12:15 AM   #12  
Senior Tortoise

Spinsky, is it possible that you were too strict with yourself during your first few weeks on the program? It's typical to eat "diet" style when we first start out -- very low fat, no sweets, no favorite foods, etc. That usually results in fast weight loss, but many people burn out eating like that -- especially when they taste food they actually love again.

Here's my advice: start with baby steps. Pick one thing and do it. For example, just write down what you eat and count it. Don't beat yourself up about staying in a point range. Just write it down. Then add the water. Then, when you're ready, aim toward staying within your point range.

Also, make sure to incorporate your favorite foods into the program. If you go nuts over pizza, make sure you work pizza into your menu one day. If it's chocolate, eat the chocolate. The beauty of this program is NOT that it takes the weight off of you in record time. It's that you can eat *anything* in moderation -- and still get down to a healthy weight.

You can do it.

--Lauren
(274/215.5/down)
Old 03-29-2001, 10:42 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally posted by tumbler
When I feel like I can't stop eating, I think to myself, "OK, I just won't eat for the next hour." And usually by the time that hour has passed, I'm not longer concentrating on food. -Tumbler
I wish that worked for me Tumbler...I used to be able to do that with cigs...when I was still smoking...but I can not seem to stop obssessing about food these days...
Old 03-29-2001, 01:16 PM   #14  
LM

Default Heather

You said you're obsessed with food "these days". How long has it been? You know what I mean? I'm generally obsessed with food, but usually I can control myself and do very well OP. But like last weekend, I was obsessed and couldn't stop picking and couldn't get satisfied from what I was eating. Fortunately, that phase only lasted 2 days. Now I'm back in control.

Have you found that the "obsession" is lasting more than a day or two? I'm sure it will pass (personal theory - it's all hormonal), but sometimes we get into the bad habits of the difficult patches and forget to get back into the good habits when nature allows it.

Hope that makes a little sense!!
Old 03-29-2001, 01:34 PM   #15  

Default Re: Heather

Quote:
Originally posted by LM
You said you're obsessed with food "these days". How long has it been? <snip>
Have you found that the "obsession" is lasting more than a day or two? I'm sure it will pass (personal theory - it's all hormonal), but sometimes we get into the bad habits of the difficult patches and forget to get back into the good habits when nature allows it.
Hi LM,

I'm obsessed every minute that I'm awake with what I'm eating. I've not been 100% OP since this time last year, but the obsession has really only been the last few months.

Having said that...I've been back on track for 2 days now...that includes today...and I'm fighting really hard to stop thinking about eating and start thinking about what I'm going to eat. I'm hoping if I can focus on the next "meal" or "snack" then the focus will be taken off my stuffing my face right this moment. LOL

So far so good...just got finished throwing some chicken and veggies in the crockpot for dinner tonight.
Closed Thread