Old 06-28-2004, 09:55 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default July 6th

On July 6th I plan on starting over (again). Why is it I can't seem to lose weight even though I stay OP? Maybe my portions are too big? Maybe I'm expecting too much from my body too fast? I know lately the LC ice cream isn't helping
So I'm going to (try) and start over again. Not necessarily strict induction. But the ice cream and strawberries (oy, you should see the HUGE heeping helping I let myself eat!!) have to go for now (again).
I've got my eye on another swimsuit (another tankini type suit...but w/less back ) that I've GOT to get rid of some more belly to get the guts to try on (let alone wear).
Oh,,,,and how do you lose weight when DH thinks you're the bomb and doesn't want you to lose anymore weight? Forget the fat that HE'S lost 14 pounds so far?
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 11:19 AM   #2  
Head Princess

1. Lots of things contribute to weight loss. Sleep, stress, food (get the **** away from the ice cream!), exercise, and attitude all make a difference.

2. Is this about DH? No! So who cares what he thinks or how much he's lost? He thinks your da bomb now, he'll think it even more when you get to your goal.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 01:57 PM   #3  
Baby Steps

Ah...so the bad attitude is what's preventing the weight loss. Or is it confusion? As for DH? Well, I'd kind of like to NOT live the rest of my life having to worry about whether he's going to accuse me of stupid But you're right---concentrate on me and that's his problem!!
So I'm going to see if I can drop some more weight the week of 7/6!!!! At least a pound would be nice
Old 06-28-2004, 03:12 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Brenda, I'm having a bad time as well. I'll start again with you. Time to get down and dirty, wadda say?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 03:39 PM   #5  

I'm in. I'll start over w/you guys too, but I started this a.m. I can't afford to wait any longer or make any excuses to wait. I'll just continue on w/you guys on the 6th.
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 05:12 PM   #6  
Baby Steps

ALRIGHT!! Down and dirty it is on 7/6!! WOOHOO!!! (Ok, I've been watching too much of coyote ugly ) .
Old 06-28-2004, 05:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Well here is my quandry(sp?).... I have just gotten tired of it! Tired of feeling different, tired of feeling like I have to watch every bite that I put in my mouth, tired of my DH scrutinizing my every move, tired of feeling like a failure if I am up one pound, I have been holding steady between 152-155 for the past month- I started exercising last week- slow and steady with that because of my MVP and being completely out of shape, but feel pretty good.

I really want to lose about 15 to 20 more pounds ~ I am wearing 8 to 10 in jeans, all of my scrubs are huge- but I don't want to buy anymore until I know what size I am going to end up at but I have just gotten really discouraged. I really thought I could stick this out but I am really don't know what to do next... I stayed below 50 grams of carbs for almost 6 months, I lost weight up until about the beginning of May- I still am staying away from sugar, pasta, bread and potatoes- no starchy friuts... but I have plateau'd and am sick of it.... Does anyone feel this way sometimes- do you feel like there is absolutely no way to stick to this way of eating for ever? especially when noone around you is eating this way or half of those around you keep telling you that you really need to stop eating that way or you have lost enough weight.... GRRRRR I am just at the end of frustrated.

Imput?
Amyjo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 05:42 PM   #8  
Head Princess

Ah, Amyjo!

The best advice I can give you is to venture out with your food. I think one of the best things I did with this WOE is making a promise to myself to try at least one new thing/recipe every week. It really opened my eyes to how much variety there is.

And how different are you from everyone else, really? So you pass on the bread basket when it comes around. You still get the steak and salad. I have been to all sorts of places and events and have yet to find myself in a situation where there is truly nothing I will eat.

As for those around you, here's the magic phrase: "BITE ME". How much did they have to say when you weighed more and were eating like crap? What right do they have to comment on it now. This is your body and your life and therefore, yours alone to take charge of. Seeing you healthy and happy will make them happy for you if they really care.

Sorry for the little rant. Hope it helps
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 07:58 PM   #9  
Baby Steps

Star: You said just the right thing for a wake up call. I think we need to post what you said in HUGE letters to keep reminding ourselves WHY we've started this WOE and how far we've come. We're now the "special people" because we're picky about what we eat instead of throwing junk food into our mouths (but damn, sometimes that junk food tastes good ). Why does it cost so much to eat healthy though???? I'm not an adventurous eater---so I'm going to have to slowly change that.