Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 09:53 AM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Talking Week 3 of August challenge!

Good morning everyone

We are now on week three of our August 1st challenge...

Guess we can weigh in today for a start

So how did everyone do?

Did you stay on plan last week?

Did you make any changes to your plan/lifestyle and did they help you any?

How did the exercising part of it go?

What do you think needs improvement if any?
Old 06-28-2004, 09:57 AM   #2  

Well as of this morning I am at 161.5lbs so I managed to get rid of last week's TOM gain and little more

I stayed mostly on plan except for some fries on Friday night and a brownie with ice cream on Saturday night which I only ate half of.

I did manage to drink more water last week and got quite a bit of walking in.

I did however not do my exercise tapes every day like I promised myself so I am going to work on that this week.
Old 06-28-2004, 12:49 PM   #3  

I've still got TOM to deal with, it made the scale go from 162.5 to 166 to 164.5, as of this a.m. but that's not "real" weight. In a way, it's kind of a miracle, as I'm now having my period every month like clockwork, within a day or 2 of the last time. For a person with PCOS, that's success, it means my system is getting much healthier and my hormones are getting into balance. And all the other PCOS symptoms are under control, too. So that's very cool.

I've been hitting the gym hard this week. I don't post in the exercise area any more, as I'm already recording my workouts in my diary. My current workout is kind of experimental, anyway. I've been using heavier weights and a wide variety of machines, usually an hour to 1 1/2 hour of cardio every day plus 1/2 hour of weights 3 times a week. I've had to increase the rowing to level 10, elliptical at 14, and treadmill to 8.0 incline. As long as I can do this without increasing the blood testosterone levels, I'll keep on pushing the weights higher. I feel really good, there is no pain anywhere, just some popping in my left knee. My golf is improving, too-- although more muscle in the shoulder, chest, and forearms wouldn't hurt. I've been seeing improvement in the delts, now I need to add forearm and wrist curls.

I've been eating pretty well, although there was a birthday dinner in there with champagne, and a couple of restaurant meals. I find I can only eat about 1/2 of a restaurant entree now. But I love raw oyster shooters. Skip the weird red sauce. Yum.

At this point I don't think I'll be losing much more scale weight at all. If I can lose 10 pounds of fat and gain 5 pounds of muscle, I'll be quite happy with the results. That's probably a longer-term project, as my body is now about 27.5% fat and it is starting to fight losing any more. It will probably take months, maybe a year, to "convince" it that there is no danger of famine, so it will let go of the fat.
Old 06-28-2004, 01:14 PM   #4  

Seek- you can congratulate yourself for a job well done- going from 220lbs down to 164-ish is an amazing feat

I am on my last few lbs so like you I am focusing less on the weight number and more on toning and shaping my body and feeling good and healthy

I weighed in a lunch time today at WW since I can't make my meeting tonight - have to go and exercise my right to vote!

I officially weighed in at 161lbs - that makes me 3 lbs away from my WW goal!
Old 06-29-2004, 11:27 AM   #5  

Back down a pound to 163.5-- just TOM water weight. Why on earth do women retain water during their period? I mean, what possible purpose does it serve? Cushioning? Blood volume? I have no idea.
Old 06-29-2004, 01:32 PM   #6  
Long Time Lurker

Having signed on to this challenge at the end of week 1, I thought that it might be a neighborly gesture to check in from time to time... .

All in all, I'm doing well. There was one transgression, though, that I must confess. The bad news is that I have been bingeing. The good news is that it has been on watermelon!

Two of my favorite philosophers gave sage advice when they admonished:
"Never eat anything bigger than your head" --B. Kliban
"Don't eat anything that you can't lift." --Miss Piggy

Did I listen? Apparently not! (that's writhing on the floor in agony...) Fortunately, high water content and personal physical limitations precluded doing extraordinary caloric damage.

Weight this AM was 159.5 --down about half a pound from my "guesstimated" weight of ~160 at the end of week #1. At this point I realize that the last few pounds will leave slowly. I am adding a few foods to my diet with an eye toward excellent nutrition and weight maintenance. As a vegetarian who prefers low- or non-fat dairy products, I need to be intentional about getting adequate high-quality fats in my diet without hugely increasing my overall calories.

The garden is coming in now! Vine ripe tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, eggplant, squash and herbs are plentiful. The melons and beans have a little while to go before they will be ready. Blackberries and blueberries are ripe and ready to be picked.

I think I'll go out back and pick my lunch, get a shower and go to work.

SW:236
CW:159.5
GW:150-155
5'9"
50 y.o.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:20 PM   #7  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Well, I made dumb choices for dinner last night, but I did compensate for only having a tiny portion. I believe the calorie intake would be less than what I normally eat for dinner. Tomorrow marks one week on my new plan. I will weigh in then. I am doing okay. Feeling a whole less deprived than normal. I am do for a long walk once hubby wakes up. gosh I hate grave yard!
Old 06-30-2004, 07:49 AM   #8  

That's okay flower- you will do better on Wednesday -having a smaller portion was a better choice - good going
Old 06-30-2004, 12:46 PM   #9  
you can call me flower

Okay, scale at Doctors was 225 a week ago. My digital scale said 215.5 today. I have no idea what the difference of the 2 scales is, I am taking the 9.5 number differance as a victory!
Old 06-30-2004, 07:00 PM   #10  

Whoo hoo Flower!
Old 07-01-2004, 12:54 AM   #11  
you can call me flower

Today was hard. I really wanted to pig out. But I kept it under control. I ate 4 large cinnamon jelly beans and buried myself in a romance novel instead. Progress for sure!
Old 07-01-2004, 10:46 AM   #12  

Fell through to 161.5 as of today, and all measures shrinking. My hips are about 3/4" from wearing those "slim fit" 515's. Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!
Old 07-01-2004, 03:09 PM   #13  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

Well Ladies, I just wanted to let you all know that I'm still alive and going strong with my plan... I may not be posting as much as I should, but I'll try to improve that when I get back from vacation (going to NH from the 3rd to the 10th)...

Yesterday I was at 189.5#... Woohooo...down 31# total! It feels good to say that. Tim said I was not allowed to bring the scale so I hope I'm not sadden when I come back and step on it for the first time!
Old 07-01-2004, 03:44 PM   #14  

Hi Hippie chick - glad you stopped in

Flower- good for you for not pigging out!

Way to go Seek!

Have a good holiday Jenn!
Old 07-01-2004, 11:09 PM   #15  

Well I did awsome today

It is Canada day here today and so DH and I and some friends went down to Parliament Hill and the downtown core to join in the festivities. I packed a small cooler bag with fresh fruit and sandwiches to munch on as well as a huge bottle of Crystal Light that I had half frozen the night before so it would stay cool all day.

I didn't eat anything that wasn't OP! Yay!

Had a great day out too
Closed Thread