Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 08:00 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - June 28, 2004

Good morning everyone!

Had an early start in office since it's an "orientation Monday" as I call it. I have my coffee and the day has started off with a bang.

My sister was in for the weekend from VA and left this morning after I left for work. We got to visit a little, although not as much as I would've liked. It's hard when you only come in for a weekend. The bad part was that DS #1 had a bowling tournament that we had to be at so we didn't get to spend a whole lot of time together.

Weekend eating has been hard with being out of town--you think you're making good choices only to find out afterwards that you would've been better off with something else! Arrrgghh! Anyway, no more trips over the weekend so I should be able to get myself back on track and get rid of this extra baggage I'm carrying around. I'm not going to be able to get outside and walk at noon today because it's raining. Figures.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a good weekend!
Old 06-28-2004, 09:05 AM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

I went to see my parents this weekend and help my sister prepare for a yard sale. My sister and I had everything priced in about 2 hours. That wasn't too bad. She's moving from a one-bedroom apartment into a two-bedroom home that's very roomy. It will be an adjustment for her.

I played golf on Friday and Sunday. That was fun. I learned some new skills. Of course, in golf, we're always learning.

I thought, like you Melissa, that I had eaten well this weekend. I didn't gain any weight, but I didn't lose any either. Frustrating. It was probably the ice cream : ).
I can't seem to shake these two extra pounds.

Hi, Pam, lala, and Susan.
Old 06-28-2004, 12:52 PM   #3  
si, si signora

ack...

we all had the same weekend.

Weighed in on Saturday, stayed the same. Not happy,but better than a gain. Many temptations all weekend. Double Rainbow coffee icecream, an iced mocha, some more double rainbow and the kicker --- a king size bag of m&ms. Very rare for me to eat those. Oh well, take the hit and move on. I'll say the best thing was that I did move, I exercised each and every day and gardened for more activity points.

The ice cream is relegated to the basement freezer -- DP is gone until Thursday and the dog and I will endulge our needs for a milky icey treat with a banana/strawberry frappe.

Pretty mellow weekend. Hung out at home, went and watched a parade and got a nice sunburn on my legs, puttered the dog at the chi-chi mall by our house and got many compliments on his grizzled adorableness. Nothing much else. It was a bit hot for our taste, but the squash are loving it.

Melissa -- I understand the weekend thing, but we can't see whats around every corner. Its a bit irritating. I hope you and sis had a nice visit.

Domina-- Wow on your busy weekend. Do your parents live close by? Did you play golf with DH or by yourself. I need to get back out there and hit a few balls.

Susan and Pam -- hope things are going well, I'll be in Boston this weekend. I'll wave to the west!

Okay, nothing else going on. Must finish my delightful breakfast of egg beaters, cheese and some chicken sausage and get cracking...

lala
Old 06-28-2004, 05:16 PM   #4  

Hi ladies,

Do any of you have strange weight fluctuations? For example, on Friday I weighed myself and I was down 3lbs from the last time I weighed myself which was Tuesday. By this morning I was back up to where I was last Tuesday?? I was really good all last week and over the weekend the worst thing I ate was a chili dog for dinner on Sunday. No snacks, ice cream I even avoided the mini reeses peanut butter cups which are my favorite. The scale is being very unkind to me lately for no apparent reason.

Otherwise, the weekend was nice, we went to see the movie The Notebook. I cried through the better part of the ending. Would highly recommend watching that movie at home. On Sunday we dropped Lauren off at camp, her tent mate was having a bit of a difficult time being away from home. Hope everything works out OK. As for work I'm counting the days till vacation.

Melissa how far away does your sis live from you? How did your son do in the bowling tournament?

Domina I'm going golfing tomorrow with DH as long as the weather holds out. It will be the first time we've golfed together this year!!

Lala keep the ice cream hidden. I've discovered the Skinny Cow Chocolate Peanut Butter frozen yogurt...I think it's 2 points for 1/2 cup and it actually tastes pretty good. Have a nice time in Boston this weekend, hopefully you'll get some nice weather. I'll be waving back at ya!

Hi to Susan...I'll talk to you soon.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:08 AM   #5  

Hi folks. This is a really short week for me and a busy one here at work too. Thursday's a holiday and I'm taking Friday off to make an extended weekend. I'm leaving bright and early July 1st to visit my family in New Brunswick.

Pam: No strange weight fluctuations here. All of them are up and they're all deserved since I'm still eating badly. I've decided to concentrate on one thing at a time. This week, it's getting back into a regular exercise pattern. Next week, water, etc. Maybe if I bite it off in small chunks it will get easier.

Domina: Your comment about the yard sale reminded me of the TV show Clean Sweep. DH and I are always blown away by how messy the homeowners are. I mean, it's impossible to walk around in those rooms. How can they stand it? And what happens after the Clean Sweep team leaves. How long does it take for the room to become a complete shambles again??

Melissa: It's always harder to stay on track when you're out of your own routine and environment. I'll have to work hard not to fall into that trap while visiting my parents this weekend. If the weather remains good, I'll run lots while I'm home.

lala: Enjoy Boston.

To all of you, Happy 4th. We'll be doing the Canada Day thing on the 1st, and it will be a true celebration now that the federal election is over and the squabbling has stopped. Of course, it might start all over again in a few months - minority government. Yikes!
Old 06-29-2004, 10:54 AM   #6  

Good morning! The weather here today is beautiful--a cool 63 and sunny but at least the rain has gone away for a bit. I'm hoping the sunshine stays so I can go out walking later tonight.

Lala: I'd much rather stay the same than post a gain. Good for for putting the ice cream in a different location. I do the same thing with chips--out of sight, out of mind for me.

Pam: I sometimes have weird fluctuations that I can't figure out--I do know that your weight can change as much as 3-5 pounds day to day so that's why I only step on the scale once a week now. Otherwise it can be detrimental to my mental state. DS finished 5th in the bowling tournament. He was happy with that, especially since the bowlers are from all over. There were 35 college students competing.

Susan: I have a short week as well; I took Friday off to lengthen the holiday weekend (we'll have Monday off for the 4th) so it'll be nice. I could use the time to get some things done around the house. Friday is DH's birthday so we may go out for lunch somewhere.

We have a bit of a breather here in between orientations--it's nice to be able to play "catch up" with some things that I've put off. My new computer gets installed tomorrow morning so I need to get things on my desk cleared away. I tend to create "piles" and need to weed through them.

Hi to Domina!
Old 06-29-2004, 11:03 AM   #7  

It's been busy at work. I was on two proposal teams--stressful. I hope we win both of the contracts after so much work went into these proposals.

Pam, yes, I have those weight fluctuations too. I don't know what it is. I think it's water weight which we women have a problem with. Have fun playing golf with DH. I haven't heard about Skinny Cow yogurt in containers?? I've only been able to purchase the sandwiches. I look forward to having that.

lala, yum, I love M&M's. That's why I don't ever have them in the house. My parents live in St. Petersburg, 3 hours from my home (close, but far enough, if you get my drift ) Yes, I golfed with my DH one day and with my sister's boyfriend another day. We are trying to get my sister to play golf. I'm in a tournament this weekend. My partners are 90, 67, and 65 and I know they will play marvelously. I can't wait to learn new skills. Have fun in Boston, one of my favorite cities.

Susan, good for you for taking it a little at a time. It's less daunting that way. Thanks for the happy fourth wishes. I hope to get to the beach for some relaxation. I don't know where we will watch the fireworks.

Hi, Melissa.
Old 06-29-2004, 01:38 PM   #8  
si, si signora

hi all,

i'm in a telecon and its soo much fun.
grumpy day here, but things will get better.

bbl.

lala
Old 06-29-2004, 05:54 PM   #9  
si, si signora

okay, day has definitely not gotten better, but at least I did not medicate with food. I was considering it,but then let it pass.
Suffice it to say, I am not pleased with the state of my organization, the airlines and
the weather.

having said that ---

Melissa ---I love new computers, remember to partition that harddrive. I am gone on Friday too, I may or may not work on Monday to make up the time.

Domina -- I see ya on the near but far from the parents. I love contract and grant season. The M&Ms are gone and last night was a strawberry/banana smoothie with a bit of vanilla sugar free syrup. Yum.

Susan -- Happy Canada Day. I'll be in Canada in three weekends for the Vancouver Folk Music Festival. I can't wait. I have seen that show clean sweep and love it. My house looks pretty uncluttered, but the basement/storage area is awful. Oh well, next week. Have fun in New Brunswick.

Hi Pam!

lala
Old 06-30-2004, 01:01 PM   #10  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Pam did you have to mention skinny cows? I had to buy a six pack of chocolate peanut butter skinny cows and have two for dinner. I did make it to the gym for a 45 minute sweat fest at 9 pm, so I may have lost one of them...

a bit cloudy today, we're all happy. My parents called me from Chicago, so they are on the way home to SD from Germany and Sweden. I hadn't heard from them in three days and it felt as if my right arm had been cut off. Strange, isn't it.

Other than that, had a not very nutritious breakfast, but hoping to keep chugging water and eating more veggies today, I am weighing in tomorrow and want to see a bit of a loss.

BBL.

lala
Old 06-30-2004, 01:56 PM   #11  

Hi everyone! It's a beautiful 76 & sunny here today--more t'storms are supposed to hit later on today but we could use the rain. I'm hoping it holds off so I can get out for a walk later on.

Lala: We don't get a choice on how our computers are set up--our IT dept takes care of everything. I save a lot of my stuff on the server so I don't have to worry about my hard drive crashing. It's always exciting to get new equipment...kind of like Christmas

Domina: I admire you for getting out and golfing. DS #1 tried to show me in our yard and I "whiffed" the ball more than actually connecting. I'm not the most patient sort so it wasn't pretty. My best friend lives in Clearwater and we've ventured down to St. Pete pier and the aquarium. I'm hoping to take a trip down to see her sometime this fall.

Susan: Happy Canada Day!! Hope you're finding your "healthy habits" and that things are moving along for you.

Pam: I forgot to post that my sister lives in VA...Gloucester, which is north of VA Beach. She's been down there since she was discharged from the Navy back in the late 80's. She likes it down there.

Nothing major going on here--enjoying the quiet time and getting caught up with things before the next orientation. I'm taking Friday off to extend the weekend. DH's b-day is Friday so we'll go out for lunch and do some errands together. It'll be a nice way to spend the day.

I went to my meeting at noon and was pleasantly surprised to be down .8--I'm happy with that since TOM is due tomorrow. I'm focusing on getting in more exercise, which is something that I've always had a hard time with.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:16 PM   #12  
si, si signora

way to go Melissa.

Must be off soonly to deliver a cooler and go to an appointment. I see a decaf tall iced americano with an equal and a bit of half and half in my future.

Read my link to the starbucks drinks in the food thread.

lala
Old 06-30-2004, 09:17 PM   #13  

Hi Ladies,

It was a lovely day!! I got out of work early since my boss was gracious enough to give me passes to the practice round of the U.S. Womens Open. Had a really nice time. The weather was beautiful but a little warm. The golfers are just incredible..it was exciting to see Annika Sorenstam and Michelle Wie who is 14 year old golf prodigy. I would kill to play 1/2 as good as any of them!!

Well back to work tomorrow and then off on Friday. Not too much planned for the weekend other than a surprise birthday party for a friend from work. I'm really going to try very hard to make good food choices and not overeat. I say that as I'm eating Starbucks coffee/almond ice cream??!!

Domina having parents 3 hours away is nice, close enough to visit when you choose. Mine live about 3 miles from me and that can sometimes be a little stressful.

Melissa Virginia Beach is nice. I haven't been there is awhile, used to go frequently as a kid to visit my uncle who lives in Norfolk. Nice loss, even nicer considering TOM is on the way..must tell you we're on the exact same schedule.

Lala sorry I mentioned the skinny cows. I should have chosen a skinny tonight instead of the starbucks. Actually, what I was really craving was an adult libation, specifically a Long Island ice tea. Will try to hold off until the weekend for that.

Susan hope all is well with you and you enjoy the weekend. Any more marathons coming up for you?

Well ladies that's all for me. I must respond to the instant messages I am getting every minute from my daughter's friend who is just dying to know when I am going to pick Lauren up from camp. Talk to you later.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:33 AM   #14  

Melissa, congrats.

Pam, Michelle Wie is incredible. What will happen when she grows up??? I like watching her because she and I are the same height (6'). She'll probably continue to grow.

lala, can you believe that we are getting the first Starbucks in this area?? So much hype about it, too.

It's hot, hot here today and no rain in sight. That's strange for this time of year. With all of this talk about Skinny Cows, I had to have one last night. It was great.

This weekend, I'm in a golf tournament on Saturday and will play a round with DH on Monday. Otherwise, we'll probably have a cookout. Although I need to wash windows!

Hi, Susan.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:54 PM   #15  

Good afternoon!

It's hot/humid today as well today. Ick! This is not the type of weather that I enjoy. I did go out for a walk over my lunch hour and didn't walk quite as fast because I had to come back to the office and didn't want to sweat too much

Enjoy the holiday weekend everyone! I'm off early this afternoon to take DS #2 to the orthodontist and the off tomorrow & Monday.
Closed Thread