South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 12:38 AM   #1  

Default Ugh, had the worst cheat day ever today!!

Usually once a week I have a semi cheat meal on weekends. Hasn't affected me much since I am very OP for the whole week. so this morning i go out with my mom (who is also on SBD) for mickey D's. yikes i know. so we both have a crispy chicken deluxe with OJ. first time i've had juice since i started i think. then we go and share a krispy kreme donut. i curse the day i ever tried one of those. b/c i am in total love. and what gets me is that i should have known better cause i knew i was going to a BBQ party tonight with tons of food. and of course when i go, i ate loads of stuff that is off program. although i at least stayed away from bread, pasta salad and potato salad. (however i did have a few other white flour items, and a bit of rice). and i had some wine coolers, gingerale, and CAKE! i REALLY wanted to hit 140 by the end of this week (which i was actually this morning) but after today's mega cheat day theres no way i'm gonna maintain it.

going to the gym tomorrow FOR SURE!

anyways hope that makes someone feel better about any minor cheats they might have done.
Old 06-27-2004, 12:46 AM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

I know you are going to be fine! I know you are feeling terrible but one day off plan is not going to mess up all the other on plan days you have. I saw just drink alot of water to flush out all the salt from mcd's. Get your butt back on plan and move forward!

You are doing too wonderful to get upset with yourself for one day. It is over now and you are going to do great once again!
Old 06-27-2004, 06:46 AM   #3  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

I agree, don't dwell on it too much and move on. If you can do the cheat meal on the weekend, I am sure this won't affect you too badly. I was wondering how that worked, I always thought it was cool when people could handle that but I am afraid I will lose all control and not be able to get back on the plan. I think it is great you can do it! Watch, you will probably lose 1 or 2 pounds!
Old 06-27-2004, 08:06 AM   #4  
Traci

I bet she loses too! It's happened to me before after a taco bell cheat, but maybe it was because of the "green apple quick step" I got from it! LOL
Old 06-27-2004, 11:02 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Begin eating on plan immediately, and do the best you can. Next time you go out to breakfast, DO NOT GO to Mickey D's, go someplace where you have reviewed the menu online and selected an OP meal, or, better yet, one of you invite the other over for breakfast.
Don't punish yourself, but take this seriously. While cheating is accepted on South Beach, it's not encouraged. Deal with the triggers that led to the cheat.
Someday, I hope my body's *** is as tough as my attitudes, but this is how I'm trying to lead my program.
Old 06-27-2004, 11:06 AM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Pika, you'll be fine...just jump back OP and don't worry about it. Feeling guilty just drives you to cheat more...don't fall into that trap!

I do the same thing...as in not realizing that I have a big meal that night and eating the wrong things in the morning...like nuts when I have a meal with nuts planned for dinner, etc. I'm still trying to become more aware of my daily plan and how it affects my day.
Old 06-27-2004, 01:30 PM   #7  

thanks everyone! well the thing is it was a planned cheat day, just the morning got a little out of control with the mickey D's and donut. but i'm happy to say i'm at 141 today, though i was 140 yesterday. so not a huge gain. esp since i've been fluctuating b/w 140-141 all week. i'm gonna try and do a phase 1 type day today (minus some fruit). hit the gym for an hour and get back on track! i'm gunning for under 140 by next week's end so no cheat days next week!!
Old 06-27-2004, 06:55 PM   #8  

For anyone who is thinking of going to McDonalds, go see Supersize Me. It will help you avoid that restaurant almost completely.

Jennifer
Old 06-28-2004, 12:16 AM   #9  

I find it really hard to walk into McD's or BK or any of those places and walk out with a healthy choice even though I have full intentions to purchase something healthy. I stick with subway or buy a kebab or chinese if I am getting takeaways. I seem to be able to walk out of subway with a lean meat wrap and diet coke but can't seem to make it out of McD's with a salad. Eventually I aim to have the will power to go to McD's without eating something really bad. Although having said that I had a break through on Friday night because my daughter had BK donuts and ice cream while I had a Starbucks coffee (and no food). Maybe things are looking up.
Old 06-28-2004, 12:19 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikapuffie
anyways hope that makes someone feel better about any minor cheats they might have done.
It does, actually, Pika! I'm almost identical to you as far as where we are and want to be, and this is nice to know. I had a beer, a handfull of pretzels, a handfull of chips, and a tiny piece of "veggie pizza" this weekend. And I feel like I blew the whole weekend.

I'm still at the point in my head where, if I cheat, I feel like I'm not going to lose any more, at all. I wish I could get into a different headspace, but it's hard. I'm feeling down about where I'm at right now -- the summer sun has come out and I have a wardrobe full of sharp clothes, and can't wear ANY of them for at least another 15 lbs. (sigh) It's hard because I know that's at least a couple of months away. At LEAST. (If it comes at all.)
Old 06-28-2004, 01:06 PM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I read this post, then posted in my journal below what my HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE cheat weekend consisted of. So Pika -- that should make you feel better

Back OP today though: chicken and spinach omlet with cheese for breakfast with a V-8, ramiane lettuce salad with slightly fatty dressing as well as leftover thai [chicken and string beans only] for lunch. Yogurt for a snack later and hopefully lots of water. Dinner will be steak, suprise mashed potatoes and spinach. Gym tomorrow, gym Wed.

I hope I can at least break even for the month, you know? But with all the cr@p I ate, who knows! I am totally crashing today. But then again, that's the beauty of this lifestyle -- you can always start anew!
Closed Thread