WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 03:57 PM   #1  

Question Arby's Low Carby's

Please help!!! I am very confused about the Arby's Low Carby's points. I have ordered the Arby's Low Carby's roast turkey and swiss with 5 points and get a different thing each time I order. I have searched all over the web and been to Arby's menu website and don't see any of the Low Carby's listed except for the Turkey Bacon Ranch wrap and the Ultimate BLT wrap that have 17 plus points.The people at the local Arby's give me different answer each time. One says its just roast turkey and swiss in a bowl?? another says it's on bread or as a wrap and somewhere I saw it was a lettuce leaf wrap. The first one I got was just turkey, shredded lettuce and tomato and swiss in a wrap. I counted this as 5 points. The next one was turkey, lettuce, tomato,and swiss on bread that I thought was a regular market fresh sandwich, so my husband went back thru the drive thre and came home with turkey, bacon,yellow cheese on a wrap which I assume was the Low Carby's Turkey Bacon Ranch wrap with lots of points!! Please tell me the difference and if sauce is on or not, etc.. Thanks!!! I have told several friends about 3fatchicks and now we're all afraid we've been eating way too many points trying to get a 5 point Arby's Low Carby's Roasted Turkey with Swiss.
Old 06-27-2004, 10:09 AM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

I would suggest writing or calling the Arby's headquarters (and you can get that from the website www.arbys.com ) and asking them. We do not have it here so it maybe a trial offer or a limited time thing just for your area.
Old 06-27-2004, 10:30 AM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

After searching their website I think that your area maybe doing something that is not a standard because the whole low-carby thing they have is under their Market Fresh including any news articles I could find. So I am thinking that this could be different at each restaurant. Your best bet is to call or write Arby's and ask about it. The only truly National Low-Carbys are:

Ultimate BLT for 16 points
Turkey Ranch Bacon for 17 points
SW Chicken for 13 points
Chicken Ceasar for 12 points

Even a regular Jr Roast Beef WITHOUT cheese is 6 points so a high fiber wrap won't take it down that much because you'd have to add cheese...now the lettuce wrap (which most places use instead of a bun for their low carb things) would take off the amount of a bun (about 3 points) but adding back the cheese would take it right back up to 6 points.
Old 06-27-2004, 01:40 PM   #4  

Thanks! I guess what I'm really wondering is where did 3fatchicks.com get their info on points that is listed when you click on Arby's under Fast Food Guide. If you look there, there are maybe 10 or more Low Carby's items listed with very low points.

The Arby's here in Tuscaloosa, also, only has the Ultimate BLT and the Turkey Bacon Ranch wraps on their menu as a Low Carby's. So I really just wonder what it is that they are talking about on the website under Arby's. I've looked under several other sites (www.dottisweightlosszone.com, etc) and none of them have all the Low Carby's like 3fatchicks has. Guess I'm just wishing there really is a 5 point roasted turkey low carby's like the 3fatchicks site refers to.

Thanks again!
Mimi
Old 06-28-2004, 08:44 AM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

If you read the 'listings' on the 3FC Fast Food it clearly states, "LIMITED TIME ITEMS (at participating Arby's)" which means they are in a trial area to see if they sell.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:43 PM   #6  

Low Carby does not equal low calorie/low points. A lot of low carb stuff is very high in fat and calories.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:01 PM   #7  
si, si signora

Right on Quilter....

Its about calories in, calories out and moderation in all things.

lala
who maybe should have moderated her trail mix better this am.
Closed Thread