Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 06-26-2004, 02:56 PM   #1  
Hang In There

Default Since nothing new is happening around here

I'll tell you what I've been doing...

I signed up at a "Wellness Clinic" for their weight loss "treatment" I'm not sure it's going to help me loos weight, but it sure is nice. The first thing they do is put me in this wonderfully comfortable chair that massages every inch of me for about 20 minutes. While I'm setting there being massaged, I am listening to a hypnosis tape telling my subconsious about all the reason I need to lose weight and all the things to do to accomplish this. I'm also holding on to two wands (one in each hand) that I'm not exactly sure what they are supposed to do. They are hooked up to some kind of machine and they are like ghost-busters I guess. They are supposed to drive the toxins out or something. I know, I hear you laughing all the way here in Dallas. I'll ask more about that Tuesday when I go back.

Anyway they also gave me a longgggg questionaire to fill out about my eating habits, and my "emotional" well being and they will address that later when the doc has had time to study it.

Then after that they gave me an accupuncture session. They stuck this little machine in my ears, one at a time, and they pricked and stung, and are supposed to do wonderful things. They also instructed me in how to massage my ears myself to maximize the effect.

I know you probally think I am crazy, but I have to have help to get this weight off, and I have now convinced myself that surgery is not for me, BUT...I'm not going to stop posting here!!!
So wish me luck and I'll keep you informed.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 04:17 PM   #2  
Progress..not perfection

Wink

Hey Barb....

You have to do what is best for you sweetie. If it's surgery, if it's hypnosis, if it's WW, Atkins.... whatever. YOU have to do what is best for you. Doing something is always better than doing nothing, right?

I'll keep you in my thoughts and thanks again for the invite to this section of the site!
QueenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 04:53 PM   #3  
WW Moderator

Barb, I'm all into Mind Over Matter and hypnosis, etc. I can overcome a LOT if I put my mind to it. I hope this works for you, and I don't think it sounds silly at all. Sounds wonderfully relaxing!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 10:49 PM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Barb,
That sounds great! Let us know how it is going!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 06:47 PM   #5  
Old Cackler

barb.,.,. ok. i stopped laughing. i hope and pray that this works for you.. you've been struggling for a long long time, and i want to see you happy and smaller. because it's important for YOU.

keep us posted.

toxin removal???? hymmmmmmm...... color me skeptical...
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote