Old 06-26-2004, 11:58 AM   #1  
On the road to healthy!

Default Roasted Veggies

This is a simple recipe, very very easy. You can pretty much use any kind of veggies you like. I make this w/ zuchinni, yellow squash, red peppers, onions, and mushrooms. You could use anything , asparagus, artichokes, peppers, broccoli, etc. Just cut your veggies to bite size pieces, toss in olive oil and maybe some italian spices, then place in a pan and bake on 350 for about 30-40 minutes, or until as done as you'd like. If you are using mushrooms, add during the last 15 minutes. This is when you can top w/ shredded mozzerella too. Very tasty.
SherrieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 05:56 AM   #2  

I do the same but I add garlic powder and onion powder
kathyinaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 01:00 PM   #3  

Height: 5'3

I sometimes do the recipe with brussels sprouts at 425 degrees for 30 minutes, and they come out yummy!
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 02:58 PM   #4  
i luv my dog!

I made a 'mostly green' version of this tonight with several whole small onions, a giant leek cut in half to fit in the pan, a portobello mushroom quartered, a green bell pepper in thirds, two whole Belgian endive (chicory), and 2 stalks celery cut up.

For the flavoring I used the last little bit, about 3 Tbsn., of homemade salad dressing (vinaigrette) and the pan drippings (defatted, of course!) again about 3 Tbsn., from DH's roasted meat which had been marinated in Teriaki sauce.

I sprayed all the veggies with PAM then drizzled my concoction evenly over everything. Since most of these veggies produce a lot of water on their own the flavorings didn't burn away and I was left with a little 'veggie gravy't to have with each serving. It turned out tasty and was so quick and EASY.
a broad abroad is offline   Reply With Quote