Old 06-25-2004, 04:59 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #74

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

SECOND QUARTER CHALLENGE MAY 1-SEPT 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS AS OF THE START OF THE QUARTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, NEWBIES, ARE ELIGIBLE THE NEXT QUARTER THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 05:01 AM   #2  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. The only day when you like to be called a loser!

REPORT IN THOSE LBS DOWN FOR THE GROUP THIS WEEK AND GET YOUR SCALE AWARDS:

Faye 3 lbs

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 06-25-2004 at 07:17 AM.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:28 AM   #3  
It is what it is...

Good morning all, hope everyone had a good night ( and that Cathy slept! ) ...

I can report a 1.5 pound loss this week, woo hoo, for a while there I was just trying to lose what I gained on vacation but now I am back on the downward track - feels so good

Julie - Are things getting any better with your Dad? I cannot believe that he did not notice your huge weight loss!! Well actually I can...my dh and I discuss this all the time, it is really sad how family is now a days ... it used to mean something...now we better treatment from strangers off the street...
I know how ya feel, believe me

Faye - Congrats on the 3 pounds, boy you are just chuggin' along at those
200's!!!

Cannot wait to see other losses....
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 10:23 AM   #4  

Hello All -

I don't have much time at the moment my mother is waiting for me so this will be short and I will check in later.

I've lost 4.7 lbs this week!!! I'm very happy about that. My mom lost 3 lbs so she is pretty happy as well. I'm back into new weight loss area. I had put a few lbs back on when I went off my low sodium diet, mostly water I'm sure, but now I'm below where I was when I went off-plan so I've very happy.

Faye - Great job on the 3 lbs! I don't know how you do it with being in pain and injured.

Carri - Good going on the 1.5 lbs. I know how it feels to be on the downward slide again...great!

Take care all. Until later -

Beth
beth_on_the_beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 10:43 AM   #5  

LBS DOWN AWARDS:

Carri
Beth
Special for Beth's mom

Man am I ever bored! It is raining again today so no pool, which is ok as my arm is hurting some from the rain, but it takes up an hour in my day. I know tomorrow is sunny thoughts, but had to share some of these today.

WHAT DO YOU SEE WHEN THE PILLSBURY DOUGHBOY BENDS OVER?
(DOUGHNUTS!)

WHY DO MEN WANT TO MARRY VIRGINS? (THEY CAN'T STAND CRITICISM)

A BLOND, A BRUNETTE AND A RED HEAD ARE ALL IN 3RD GRADE, WHO HAS THE BIGGEST BOOBS? (THE BLOND BECAUSE SHE IS 18

Have a great day ladies

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 06-25-2004 at 10:47 AM.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:05 PM   #6  

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Well, no points for me yesterday, boo hoo. My dad is driving me crazy! Yesterday I actually watched myself stress eating, and I knew I was doing it and I couldn't stop it. Just shoving down the pain with food.......amazing. I have alot of painful memories about my dad, and the worst part is that my kids think he's just Mr. Wonderful. He's out there playing jumprope and tennis and hopscotch with them.......he's played more with them this weekend than he ever played with me!

Oh well.....Congrats on the pounds down everyone! I'm still floating at 206, but I went to aerobics today and I feel better.

Later babes,

Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 12:27 PM   #7  
Nefertiti

Morning everyone! Congratulations on all of your losses!

I have no losses to report this week. After a two week stalemate, I went up 3 pounds I'm trying to figure out why, maybe TOM, maybe all the exercise has built more muscles. I have no clue, I just hope I can join everyone in reporting a loss next week.

Ok, my points yesterday: I'm only giving myself 3 points. I was doing so well with staying on OP, then R asked about having Tommy's chili/cheeseburgers for dinner. Sounded so wonderful, I said yes, and dug into my burger, and fries, which I didn't order, but they gave us extra, and I was only going to have a few, turned into more than a few. My fat intake was so low yesterday before this that I'm actually right on target, but because of what I ate for dinner, I'm not giving myself full points for staying on plan.

Exercise was great; even though I didn't do my planned 1/2 hour run, and despite feeling so icky after the greasy dinner: 1 hour pilates; 1/2 DDR

Water: good, I think I got exactly 64 ounces in

My sister comes to visit tonight - my goal today, and this weekend is to stay on plan, and no more burgers! Honestly, I don't even know why i said yes, probably because it has been so long since I've had one. But I felt so awful after eating it, physically ill. Good thing too, if I hadn't felt ill I'd probably want another one this weekend

Have a great day everyone! And congratulations again on your weight loss, its motivational!
nefertiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 05:05 PM   #8  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies

I'm feeling pretty good today because i actually slept last night albeit rather late? early? cuz hubby was still up and around at 1am and i can't sleep until everything is still

LOL @ Jaymi still *itching and complaining about AOL those nice people who give her FREE service even tho' she has'nt got a nice word to say about them or her computer computers are sensitive you know so be careful you don't upset it

Congrats to all the losers i'm down .5lb better than a gain

Faye, are you used to being a walking barometer now? you'll find that you can predict the weather pretty acurately from now on I know I can, so can hubby cuz he had a compound fracture in his leg years ago LOL @ the jokes

Amanda, Everything for the job
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 08:17 PM   #9  
It is what it is...

Just checking back in, not much going on...

I forgot to say that I got 4 points yesterday and I am getting 4 points today!!!!

Have a good weekend all!!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 08:28 PM   #10  

Hey I'm back! Just returned from camping, we went down to the Redwoods in California and drove up the Oregon Coast...Very Pretty. I weigh in tomorrow to see how bad I've been. I hope you all are well

A Big Welcome Nefertiti!

Amanda - answering an old question...the guy in the avatar is Pete Loeffler, the lead singer/guitar for the band Chevelle.....I love those guys.
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 04:55 AM   #11  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Have anything to share with us today?

POINTS WRAPUP:

Carri:
Bonni
Faye

LBS DOWN AWARD:

Cat:

Later ladies. Going back to bed

Faye
Old 06-26-2004, 05:26 AM   #12  

Default Just checkin' in

Stopping in to say Hi. Too much stuff going on at home this week. I miss posting but I do check in occasionally to keep up with you chickies. Its 5:21 in the a.m. and I cannot sleep. Running a virus scan so I thought I would say a word or two.

Just got approved for a home eq line of credit to build our sunroom. That's my sunny thought for the day

Otherwise - really in the dumps - no pounds down . As a matter of fact I am back up 6 lbs. No one to blame but me - inconsistent habits. Going to give some serious thought and prayer to what is going on with me.

Have a great weekend. mscat816
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 11:05 AM   #13  

Hello Everyone -

I forgot to mention that I had 4 points for Thursday, but just 3 points yesterday. It poured rain all day yesterday so I couldn't get outside to exercise. I don't have any equipment or videos here to do. Sure I could of just done push ups or sit ups or something...like that was going to happen lol...not. I think I will be able to get some walking in today which will be good.

Mscat816 - Sorry to hear things are going as well as you'd like. I've certainly been there. Marching up and down the scale to the same 10 or 20 lbs. It can be upsetting, but do your best not to let it get you down. Tomorrow is always another day.

I find that my focus and resolve change about a 100 times a day. One minute I'm all into the diet and losing weight and the changes that will bring and feel very focused and then the next minute that seems to go out the door and I don't care and want the immediate pleasure of something bad. It is a struggle and I don't quite understand it, but I figure as long as the 101 time of resolve change at the end of the day is in the focused end of the scale I'm okay. I'm just so glad I got back on-plan while I'm on vacation. I hated the idea of wasting 6 more weeks not losing weight.

Sunny thoughts - Hmm...well lets see...it's a new day and with a new day is always a chance for a new beginning. As I always like to think...when there's life, there's hope.

Well anyway. Hope everyone is doing well today.

Beth
Day 36

Last edited by beth_on_the_beach; 06-26-2004 at 11:08 AM.
beth_on_the_beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 11:48 AM   #14  

Height: 5 foot

Today is Weigh-in day. If I don’t lose anything, I won’t be disappointed. Yes I said it! Yesterday I Messed up big time, and you know what…. I don’t even care!!!

Before I go on with anything let me post my daily goals for today:

Pray
Exercise for 60 minutes
Drink Lots of water
Do not exceed calories
Try to be stress free
Improve attitude by at least 20% (pitiful I know)

It’s about time I get a break. It started off great, I had a 120 calorie breakfast, and I did 45 minutes of Denise Austin, and a 1 mile WATP tape. I did ok the whole rest of the day with water and everything, and then I ended up eating a Jr cheeseburger deluxe from Wendy’s. I don’t even know yet how many calories it was, then I got a phone call and my husband’s friends were in town. He wanted to go bowling. So there we went. I wore my pedometer the whole time, but it must have been on there wrong, because the whole time I was bowling it stayed the same!! So oh well! They ordered some fries, and of course I ate a couple, then I ate about 2 cheese ticks. The topper was when I started starving at about 1 am. I ordered some nachos chilli and cheese!! Ok, so I only ate like half of it, but I know that my calories were over. Oops did I forget to mention the spaghetti I ate for lunch?!?!? Mind you it was ground chicken in it, but I didn’t even measure the noodles.

Today I woke up sick to my stomach, and have been running back and forth to the bathroom!! I guess too much fat intake or something, but I needed it though! I’m having problems going to the bathroom anyways. Well I haven’t weighed in yet, I will after I exercise. We are supposed to be going to the beach later, I don’t really want to go. I’d have to wear a swimsuit in front of Derrick’s friends…and I refuse to. I wanted to go buy me one today, but it doesnt look like that will happen. Soooo anyways, I also have been breaking out in rashes on my neck. At first I thought it was the tanning lotion I was using, but I havent put any on in days, I think it’s stress. And that scares me to think I am that stressed out… But I am!

Well I gotta go. This is supposed to be a short post today. I didn’t’ even have time to really do this like I normally do. I had to pre-write this, and copy and paste this. So if I don’t leave any comments on here, don’t get ticked off at me! I havent even read anyone’s post. I will come back later and post my weigh-in….
I hope everyone has a great day!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 06:16 AM   #15  

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and here is this week's poll. "I would like to do______________before I die." Give a list of 5 things that you want to do and make them non weight related, so no, I want to be at goal etc.

OK THE HAS SEEN SOME STUFF AND KEPT MY MOUTH SHUT BUT I AM GOING TO YELL NOW! Listen ladies, when I started this thread, one of the things that was important to me was to teach ladies to ACCEPT THEMSELVES THE WAY THEY ARE! Do you realize that unless you are ok with your fat body, a thin body will not make you happy either? It has nothing to do with size and everything to do with self worth. Almost everyone of you has said at one time or another, "I don't own a swimsuit," "I don't wear a swimsuit out in public," etc. Now what is wrong with this picture? It means YOU DON'T ACCEPT YOURSELF. YOU HAVE A FEAR OF WHAT OTHERS ARE THINKING AND NOT SAYING, WHAT OTHERS SAY BEHIND THEIR HANDS, OR EVEN SAY IN FRONT OF YOU. WHO THE **** CARES! Why are you denying yourself the pleasure of a swimsuit or swimming because of someone elses opinions? Are you not strong enough to stand up to cristicism? Who died and made anyone in this world God? I can't MAKE you buy a suit and wear it out in public, but I am telling you, it is one of those freeing experiences. LOVE YOUR BODY NOW, WHEN IT IS OVERWEIGHT, OBESE, FAT, FLABBY, AND YOU ARE UNHAPPY WITH IT! Be proud of who you are not afraid! Why do you think I never have a problem with hearing people talk about me? I am still obese, you know. I still weigh much more than anyone on this board. I ain't up for the Mrs. America pageant! It is because I love me the way I am now. I walk proudly, I look people right in the eye, I smile, etc. I rarely have people stare, talk behind their hands, whatnot. I confront people who do but you take it all to heart I can just see it. For example, a little black kid says, "why are you fat?" I ask them back, "well, why are you, black?" It starts a discussion with the little one where you control how he will think from then on about fat people, believe me! Let me give you a scenario that happened at few days ago at the pool:

I was exercising and a group of about 8 boys between the ages of 10-16 came into the pool. Now I know, you would all probably scurry out of that pool like mice. I just smiled, said hi and kept working. They started cannon balling into the deep end and horsing around and then they started having races in the pool. Now not one of them paid me a bit of attention, but I didn't let it go at that. I saw several of the boys, who could swim well but had awful arm movement, fight the water to race. When one of them got back to the rope end, I said, quietly, "If you would kick your legs harder and use them more and relax your arms instead of fighting the water, you would go faster." He turned and looked at me and I just smiled and he smiled back. I got out of the pool later and NOT ONE OF THOSE BOYS SAID A WORD ABOUT ME, LOOKED AT ME FUNNY OR ANYTHING. They were all working too hard kicking harder and not whipping their arms. It had spread to the whole group! Now could they have talked about the big fat woman when I left, you betcha, but so what? They weren't hurting me in any way if they did.

Now, I know this was a long post, but is a very important one I want you all to really think about. AM I HIDING BECAUSE I AM ASHAMED OF MYSELF? If you are, you need to STOP it and start living a free life not one held by chains of self doubt and worthlessness! You are beautiful, gorgeous, vibrant women and no one needs to hold themselves back because of others!

My poll answers:

1. Make sure all my family and friends know that I love them
2. Go back to Las Vegas
3. Go on a cruise
4. get to have more grandchildren
5. (this is an iffy one, purely to make him happy and just for laughs) give dh a full bj before my last breath!

LOVE AND HUGE HUGS TO YOU ALL

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 06-27-2004 at 06:22 AM.