Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 10:44 PM   #1  

Default low carb cookbooks

i bought a low carb cookbook called BED AND BREAKfast low carb baking 11 from diana lee( auther). i just got done making a 7 up funnel cake recipe from the book. gross!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope i can find some things to eat with out getting sick. so gross it was. i was looking forward to trying it. i have to go out now to the garden and throw it out. i guess i have to suffer now. lol. i was so looking forward to it. i may make some low carb cheese cake recipe i found on the internet. does nayone get thsoe cookbooks and what is your fav dessert that you can eat on this low carb diet. i started at 218 lbs aND i am now 181 and would like to lose 15 too 20 lbs and i am now needed low carb or sugar free desserts. sue
Old 06-22-2004, 02:31 PM   #2  

I just like ricotta cheese with a bit of sweetener, vanilla and a teaspon or 2 or coca powder or lemon.
Old 06-23-2004, 01:42 AM   #3  

that sounds really yummy! sue
Old 06-23-2004, 09:32 AM   #4  
WW Moderator

This isn't a recipe - but the best dessert I have had hands down is the low carb cheesecake at Ruby Tuesdays. It is $5 a slice, but we bought a whole cake for $25 (about 10 large pieces) for a birthday party. We still have 2 slices in the freezer. It is the most amazing low carb dessert I've ever had. For me it was much more worth the money to buy it than try and cook another cheesecake that didn't taste right.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:12 AM   #5  

i guess i am heade to ruby teusdays for a dessert! sometimes i need just a small dessert that is low carb but that can keep me stable on my new way of life. sue
Closed Thread