Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 09:19 PM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default Lo Carb #57 One day at a time

This is Julie's post from #56. DIdn't want anyone to miss it!

"Hey ladies, I am alive and getting well. I got good dnews when they got in there there was as much damage as they anticapted and only had to do half of what was planned! Still hurts like the dickens but I am moving it and doing phusical therapy. Was not happy comming home the day of surgery going in weighing 158 and comming home weighing 173 . But that was all fluid and it is getting better. I hope to be back around more near the end of the month. Talk to you all later ladies!! And i would love to hear all about what has been happening while i was away!"

Julie I am glad you gave us an update! So glad that the news was better than expected! You must have freaked when you saw the scale. Just the bodies responce to the surgery! It to will pass! Take care of yourself! Hope you have good weatehr to recoup in!

I am happy to report 5 OP days. Feeling much better. Cravings abound. Mostly mental. But I am getting through it. Of course I want to see 10 less pounds in 3 days! Aren't I crazy? Looking forward to being very active this weekend. We couldn't do a roof and siding so we are in the 2nd summer of scraping and painting. Wreaks havic with my arthritis! But it sure looks better.

Hey Sue how are you ? when do you do the transfer thing? School activities must be winding down! Planning on camping this summer? will you be anywhere near me? Good luck with the new location at work.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:27 PM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

gee I thought I had replied.

i Guess i havbe lost it. Amy and I have started the switch. I am trying to help her out and get my stuff done too. which is now twice as hard. OH well She hopefully will pick up fast. and I will be able to swing the whole thing soon. but she is on vacation next week. she is getting married so I will be picking up her end then too.

Diet?? not exhistand right now but if I do not over indulge then i will be doing OK!!! I need to get amy out on the floor a bit more or she WILL fail the girls will eat her alive!!

Well just stopping in to day boo!!!
Old 06-22-2004, 09:05 PM   #3  
Work in Progress

Hey Sue!!!
Fell off, am back in carb ****!!
Cake, ice cream, should I saw more?
Scale is holding, which is better than nothing.

Hey Julie, Hope you are continuing tp improve. Take care and follow the MD's orders.
Miss you.
Miss all the past posters!
Old 06-24-2004, 03:38 PM   #4  
gbo

Default Ok Kids Guess whose back?

Well here I am again..... and you thought I was gone for good!!!!
I am up 60 of the hundred pounds I had lost but I am not beating myself up to badly. The fact is I have been on Prednisone in stong doses for much of the past 8 months. One thing after another. The only thing that matters however is I am back and I have been op for 4 days now. I have also ordered my doctor to find another type of medicine for "us" to work with!!! We both laughed about that. Anyway so much has happened. Over the course of time if you all will accept me back you will know what changes have occured. Still working on the house, our pool has been open for over a month but Alabama has been having a great deal of rain and storms this past week so we run out every chance we get. I have my head on straight and am here to requst a seat on this bus! What do ya think kids. I really had to search to find you all it all looks so different!
Pam
Old 06-24-2004, 07:47 PM   #5  
Work in Progress

PAM!!!!!!!!
You have been missed! There are too many places empty on the bus! You must find time to bring us up to date. I hope you are feeling physically better. How is your mother? DH? OP for 4 days way to go!
Old 06-25-2004, 03:23 PM   #6  
gbo

Today the sun struggles against the ever threatening encroaching rain clouds dark and sinister to peep out as if to remind us all it is still there. Brave sun. Missed you Pat hope Sue Bee shows up soon so I can say hi. Mom is ok but she has COPD and wants to free wheel smoke. The Doctor has her under restriction, no more than 10 a day. It is a battle royal. I shan't even go there other than to say Mom is not competent any longer but still try's to act as though she is she has become rather like an arguementative two year old but she is my Mumsy and I love her. I do miss my Mom, my real Mom if you know what I mean. Hubby is well. I wanted to statr a food pantry a couple of years ago and he has finally started one at church and it is going well. That was and is a joy to me. Now I have to get everyone moving on a Christmas program so we can have a "Shop" where parents can come and choose christmas presents for there children. Every parent should be able to give their children presents for christmas. Free of course. I want to call it Santa's Helpers. I will probably not happen this year but I am getting laying out the plan's for it to present to the board after the New year. No garden this years as so many thing are going on. Our household has grown as my "sister of nearly 30 years has moved her with us and her 10 year old daughter (who has always loved her Auntie Pam) and another long term friend/family member Megan who is a delight and doing all the things I cannot do. The girls are just now getting things unpacked. It is so lovely to have them here but it was hard for my best friend/sister as her marriage has broken up though they do remain friends. It is still very painful for her. She is my friend I told you about that sold her family home and property to move down here to Alabama and help care for me when I was so ill. Hubby and Megan are both from New Hampshire and share many funny storie of life growing up there. We all have a lot of fun and accomplish a great deal too! My Children of the fur are doing well I still have Tasha, the last of my children of age as she is 16 and going strong. The birds are singing, how lovely it sounds, the pool gurgles as though beconning us to come out and play so unaware of the threating clouds that hold the promise of thunder and lightening. Aw well soon my watery friend ,soon. Life is good. I am doing better physicall but you know that is an ever changing situtation, which is the price you all pay for having me here. Hearing about all that foolishness! I am op and will begin my daily numbers tomorrow weight numbers that is as well as my food list, and water intake. Many really great recipes as well if you like. Well I have rattled on forever so I am off and will be here again tomorrow. Love you all.
Pam
Old 06-26-2004, 09:20 PM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

Oh Pam I do so love your stories of your life. I hope some day you turn your life into a book. I for onw would read it just to hear you write.

I am still in carb ****. as pam know I am wiping the pizza grease off my fingers so I can post. on my new computer. I seem to grow in puters, but they are not ll workig at the same time. I am working on this one to get going. but some how the i\wireless connection keep going messed up. I am taking the kids to the six flags tomorow. I must be crazy I am stuffing 6 kids in my car and taking off for a 3 hour drive. I WILL be stopping on the way. I did mandate that the boys all be on the small size and will stuff the 4 of them in the back seat. I have two teenagers in the front with me. HHHMMMM did I say stress somewhere???? and this is my recreation????

OK I must get the pizza away and get my backside to bed. but I will starting monday be good OK???? I can not count trying to be good this trip!!

Pat how is Julie doing?? any word???

Love to all Sue
Old 06-27-2004, 09:39 PM   #8  

Hey ladies I am alive, Iam still at my moms so computer time is limited. The arm is doing great and I am back to 157 lbs so i feel much better. I am hoping to get back to the gym a little soon. I am glad to see some more faces on the bus!! Well I gotta run I dont type too well yet! see you all later!
Old 06-28-2004, 05:46 AM   #9  
Work in Progress

Good morning all
It's Monday and in 4 days I am on 2 weeks vacation. I can't wait! Still in Carb **** musg to my dismay. But I hold the keys to the door. Which makes it worse.

STill scrapping and painting. My hands are killing me this morning. But other than the very top(DH says I can't go that high and as I need his help with that ladder I guess I can't) we almost have 1/2 the house done. We are having a picnic this weekend. He is busy getting ready to put up the fence he has been working on. Then the roof! Can you say poor? Well we won't be doing much on this vacation other than not going to work!

Pam- You sure were missed darling. Sue is right I love to read your posts! What a generous person you are by opening up your house! You also manage to touch so many lives and reach out, which is especially sweet when I know that you yourself have alot to cope with! Sorry about your mom!

Sue! Carb **** sucks! we have to break out!I am shooting for water water water today and no unplanned carbs! How was your day with the kids? switch done at work?

Julie! Sue was just asking about you! Glad the weight is off and that you are recovering. Takke it slow at teh gym. You my girl are almost at goal weight! WHne do you plan to retyurn to teh family! I am suer that they miss you. How is DH leg?

Well ANother monday, another opportunity!
Old 06-29-2004, 05:47 AM   #10  
Work in Progress

Report from Carb ****:
I can see the real world from my room. There are skinny people out there. They run and exercise and eat right. My room is filled with poor food and there are no mirrors anywhere. I am not alone here. My clothes are tight and fingers swollen. Feelings are appeased with high carb food. Denial everywhere!
I am going to check out today, It's a windy road from my room to teh check out, full of traps and false promises.

How are the rest of you?
Old 06-29-2004, 08:04 PM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

Good analogy. How come my room is farther away from the check out??? there is ce out there and I am sliiping and cold I have to go back into the room to get my nerve up to try again.

I know I should not play in the fire but I do it again and again. I have good intentions but every time I open the door I feel the warmth and go back into the fire. What I do not see is the Internal warmth and the constant warmth of an internal fire with no hot spots and no cold spots. i must see that!!!

does that explain how my day is going???
Old 06-30-2004, 12:29 AM   #12  
gbo

The weekend was a busy one, angry storms rushed at us again and again. The sun waged a valiant battle to regain its place but still the battle goes on.
The flower weep drowning from the raging battles of storms and sun, for so often the rain wins out be it steady and threatening or sheeting down as though beating the ground for some unknown afront. I can almost hear the flowers and plants gasping for air trying to escape the drenched ground soupy with water. Today, up until early evening the sun charged out and stubbornly held it's ground. Oh, sweet and precious sun, it came today with promises of its return, assurances that the earth beneath us would soon be firm and inviting. The birds sang with such enthusium. Life shall continue on in splendor....soon. For me as well. Problems I have, mostly physical ones but
once again I begin. When I first began so very long ago I began at 368lbs. I found this board and joined at 353. I had lost well over 100 lbs but 70 have returned for a refresher course. So be it. My scale it seems weighs light so I shall go by my doctors scale rather than mine. I shall begin again at 323lbs.
My system should be clear of the steroids now so I shall begain anew. I know I can do it as I already have done it. I shall weigh on Fridays as I can pop up while the staff is having luch and weigh without bothering anyone. At least until I can get my scale readjusted and calibrated. Now I must get back on the water.120 oz. a day just as before. I am strapped in tight lets get this bus going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pam
Old 07-01-2004, 05:59 AM   #13  
Work in Progress

Hello stiil in Carb ****,

I can see the bus waiting at the curb however checking out is hard. I am like Sue that it seems better in my room. I start out every morning to go to the front desk only to get lost. It is like being in teh fun house with weird mirrors. I will try agin today

Hey Pam glad you are on your way! Streoids for all the good that they do are **** on the body!

Julie, How are you feeling?

Hey Sue teh bus is waiting
Old 07-02-2004, 05:34 AM   #14  
Work in Progress

Carb ****
I got lost on the way to the check out counter, Seems like it is s straight shot from my room but as the day goes by it's really all twisty and wyndy. As the day goes by my focus and attitude get the best of me. The insanity of it all.

Well I go on 2 weeks vacation tomorrow. I am hoping with no work to worry me that I can get focused and energized

How is everyone else doing?
Old 07-03-2004, 11:36 AM   #15  
Trying to find my way.

I am here still in carb ****, but hope to remedy that this week. everyone will be leaving and work will slow down to a dull roar instead of a raging sound. I should feel more in control and be more in control.

Pam glad so have you start the bus how is your drivingt skills for a minivan? Looks like we have a small crowd for this trip but it should be a good one. I am so ready it is not fyuunny. I need so bad to do this. I am edgy to get past the carb **** so I can feel great and start to look great as good as i feel.

Well must get off to
Closed Thread