Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 02:44 PM   #1  

Default Information about the drug Solidax ADx

Trying to find out any information about the diet medicine Solidax ADX before spending money
Old 06-18-2004, 08:26 AM   #2  

Never heard of it, but what I have learned here is that no pill will help you lose weight, just your money.

I have come to the realization that one needs to stop eating so much junk and MOVE.

Viv
Old 06-18-2004, 11:53 PM   #3  
it's always something

True, eat less and move more

Solidax ADX is an expensive over the counter product which contains Synephrine, Picolinate and Pyrovate.

Picolinate, has been clinically proven NOT to assist in weight loss. It's one of those ageless products that still make these claims regardless of what the research has proven. Useless. In fact, it could be trouble. England’s Food Standards Agency concluded that chromium picolinate can potentially cause cancer, and warned consumers not to take it.

Synephrine comes from Citrus aurantium, also called Bitter Orange, and the body reacts to it the way it reacts to ephedra. The FDA has recommended avoiding this, due to potential dangers. Consumer Reports put it on their "Dirty Dozen" most dangerous supplements list this year.

Pyrovate: A few small studies have found that pyruvate supplements can cause very modest weight loss or improve aerobic performance slightly. But these studies used very high doses, which can cause gas, bloating, and diarrhea.

I strongly suggest avoiding this product. If you have an appetite problem, I recommend that you see your physician for a prescription product such as Meridia, and let them monitor you during usage.
Closed Thread