South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 02:27 PM   #1  
Traci

Default Is it cheating or only sortof cheating?

Sometimes when I am having a very hungry day I eat an extra snack. It's always a "legal" and nutritous food (cheese, milk etc.), a small portion and it's not very often - like once a week at most. I try to make it dairy if it's an "extra" snack because it's filling and I like getting the extra dairy calcium.

Is this really cheating? Or is it "sort of" cheating? It does keep me from eating illegal food when I'm having a really hungry day, so it can't be all bad.
Old 06-15-2004, 02:39 PM   #2  

The book says eat until you are full, so I say you are doing the right thing.
Old 06-15-2004, 03:38 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

It's not cheating at all! If you are hungry, eat....but be sure it's the right food.
Old 06-15-2004, 04:10 PM   #4  
I found my hipbones!

I add snacks all the time! As long as you keep it OP, you should be fine. In 5 1/2 months of being on South Beach, I have not gained back anything I've lost, so I don't think the occasional extra snack has hurt me at all. The diet aims to keep your blood sugar levels nice and even, so an extra OP snack, especially if you feel the hunger is getting out of control, is OK.
Old 06-15-2004, 04:15 PM   #5  

I have bigger (or extra) snacks than are recommended because I don't tend to have dressings and so on so my calories would be too low if I didn't. I still lose weight but occasionally I find myself snacking out of habit or boredom and the scales don't move so I have to look seriously at my snacks.
Old 06-15-2004, 04:29 PM   #6  

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaetra
Sometimes when I am having a very hungry day I eat an extra snack. It's always a "legal" and nutritous food (cheese, milk etc.), a small portion and it's not very often - like once a week at most. I try to make it dairy if it's an "extra" snack because it's filling and I like getting the extra dairy calcium.
Yes... I have the same question, actually. I know milk is limited, but if I'm feeling a bit "low", I find that a cup of milk helps tremendously. Even if I've had 2 cups already that day.

Any thoughts on that? I feel like I'm cheating if I do that, so I try to avoid, but wouldn't I be better off to have a skim milk rather than a handfull of nuts, if veggies aren't available?
Old 06-15-2004, 04:32 PM   #7  

I would think so since there is no fat.
Closed Thread