Old 06-13-2004, 01:12 PM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Week of June 13th

Hi All,

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!! It's gorgeous here this weekend!! We went to BIL's house yesterday for a party. Other BIL and SIL were visiting from out of state. It was a perfect day, not too hot, very comfy sitting outside.

Peter's not feeling well, not sure what's up yet. He had a fever of 101.3 yesterday AM. I'm sure he had one the night before, but I wanted to just get him in bed. He got some children's advil and a short nap at BIL's house. Temp was 99.5 at 4:30 this AM...when he decided to wake up and not go back to sleep until around 5:45-6:00. He's been up now since 7:30. I tried to get him down around 10:30, but he just kept crying and throwing his blanket and sucky out. So now he's just being whiney and will fall asleep on the way to my mom's in a bit.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 05:33 PM   #2  

Hi all...........................

Mom passed away on 6/10/04. I was able to have 26 hours with her before it happened. She was not conscience, but I know in my heart she knew I was there with her. I am home for a couple days and leaving Wed for the funeral on Thurs. My brother and his family are with my Dad until I can get back. I had to come back and get DH because he was not able to be off that long. Anyways, I will probably not post much this week, but will try to get back into the swing of things next week.

Take care and you all have a good week!

Jackie
JackBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 08:47 PM   #3  
LBH

Jackie, I'm soo sorry. My prayers are with your family. I'm glad you had those last hours to spend with her, and I'm sure you know she's at peace now. Take all the time you need.
Old 06-13-2004, 08:49 PM   #4  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

Jack: You and your family will remain in my prayers. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Lauren: Hasn't this weekend been nice. Course, it's cloudy out there now!! I'm so with you on the sleeping problems. Alex was up every 1/2 hr until 1 AM when I put him in bed with me. Sigh. Is he ever going to sleep in his bed? Ugh.

OK, now. AF should be visiting me today if my last episode was her making her presence known. She's not here. What ya think? Should I go buy a test kit?
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 09:11 PM   #5  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Jackie--I am really sorry and will keep your family in my prayers...Let us know if we can do anything for U..We are here for U when U get back...
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 02:06 AM   #6  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Jack- I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. We're all here for you!!

I woke up yesterday morning and realized only 6 months until I turn the big 3-0!! And since I want to be at my goal weight when I turn 30 I thought I would give WW a try. I'm not very good at the whole calorie counting thing and we'll see if this helps me towards my goal.
alsbttrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 09:33 AM   #7  
LBH

Hi All,

Lori, WW was easy for me to follow because of the points. Not so bad as counting calories. And you know the points value by heart in no time!

Karen, it was a perfect weekend, I could go for more of them!

Peter may have Coxsackie virus. He was miserable all weekend, so I was gonna call the ped when I got to work today. When I got to daycare, a couple of the moms in the toddler room were talking, so I joined the conversation and apparently one of the little girls has it, or had it. So after she explained what it was, I checked Peter's mouth. He's got a couple little red dots, like tiny canker sores on the end of his tongue, but nothing that I can see in the back. He's been drooling like crazy and with the temps, and irritability, I'm wondering. I thought it was his ears, but now I think it could be Coxsackie. So now I'm home waiting for the ped to call me.
Old 06-14-2004, 02:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Jackie - I am sorry for your loss. I'm glad that you have family to help you work through this as well as your hubby once you get back home. You and yours are in my prayers.

Coxsackie? Never heard of it. I hope Peter gets better. Nothing worse than a baby that doesn't feel so great. Tears at mommies heart.

My two aren't feeling all that great either. DD and DS have summer colds that are aggravating their asthma. DD will only fall asleep sitting on my lap with her head in my chest. Once she's asleep I have to try and stand up with 70 lbs of sleeping kid on my legs. Good thing I lift weights. DS wants to sleep with me. He's afraid that he will stop breathing in the night and die. I don't know WHERE he got that idea from but I try to not make light of his fears because however silly they seem to me, they are very real to him. Tonight we are going to bed early. Between my sick crew and the NBA playoffs (GO PISTONS!) I am becoming one tired Mama!

Tiki.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 03:12 PM   #9  

hi all! I'm back from Florida.

We had a great trip. It's always nice to be home though. I did not drink enough water while I was gone and did drink some cocktails - I typically do not like to drink my points! Had some great food also. So may have a gain this week. Oh well!

Jackie - I am so sorry for your loss. I'm happy for you that you were able to spend so much time with her.

Julie - Welcome to the group!

Lori - I do WW and I really like it.

gotta run. Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 05:24 PM   #10  
LBH

Hi All,

Rabbit, Welcome Back! Hope the liquid points were worth it! Glad you had fun!

Tiki, Hope your 2 are feeling better soon. Asthma must be a scary thing, I can't imagine what must go through their young minds when they're having trouble breathing. Hope you get some sleep!

Peter does have Coxsackie (Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease). Dr. said at this point he's not contagious anymore because he the fever is gone. He has two lesions in the back of the throat. He did not confirm he had it until he saw them. He does have some red dots, like heatrash, on his legs, and a few on his arms, but he wasn't concerned about them until he saw the mouth. Thankfully his ears are clear! I kept him home today, but he can go back to daycare. Finally got him down for a nap at around 2:30 and he's still sleeping! I'm gonna wake him up in a bit, so he sleeps tonight!

The ped also said there should be no risk to me, being pg. He said that neither DH or I should worry about getting it, because we probably both had it at his age. My mom (the nurse) had no idea what it was, and says she doesn't remember me having anything like that! :confused: Guess we'll see! My MW said she'd go by whatever the Ped. said, so I won't need B/W to see if I have been exposed. There's nothing they can do anyway.

Sorry to babble on!
Old 06-15-2004, 10:16 AM   #11  

Sorry your son does have it, however, at least you know what it is your dealing with. Not havinga diagnosis was ALWAYS scary to me when my crew would catch stuff. I have heard of Hand, Foot and Mouth disease. My kids never got that but they got rotovirus and that was horrible. DS was hospitalized with it and when I found out HOW he got it, I was one POd mom. His daycare was changing diapers, emptying potty chairs and not washing hands. We changed daycares IMMEDIATELY. Then he caught chickenpox at the new center during his first week there. Ahhhh memories.

Get you some rest Lauren. You can't take care of DS and D? if you are superpooped.

Rabbit - Glad you had a great time. Don't fret about the cocktails. Like you said, it isn't your habit to drink your points so you will be alright.

Tiki
Old 06-15-2004, 12:35 PM   #12  

hello.

Lauren - hope the little guy is feeling better. My niece had that, I think. ~ More family news - my brother's girlfriend is expecting (he is 23; I'm not sure of her age). I think my family is on fertility pills.

And I'm not fretting about the cocktails, guys. They were worth it. So was the food. I had an excellent steamed seabass one night and terrific chicken teryaki another. I tried to order intelligently.

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 01:52 PM   #13  

hhahahah Rabbit, I know what you mean. Our family went for 18 years with no births and then WHAM, from Dec. 91 til Nov. 94 we had 13 babies, and they seemed to come in threes. If my eldest brother's wife got pregnant, two more people would also. We all were SO happy when she had her tubes tied so we could all stop having babies.

Tiki
Old 06-15-2004, 09:31 PM   #14  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

Lauren: We went through a HFM scare about a month ago. One of the playgroup kids came down with it, right after playdate. No one else ended up getting it and we were all *very* grateful too. I'm sorry that Petey is going through this. Hope he is feeling better by now.

Rabbit: Good for you for trying to be good!! At least you were trying to make good choices. That has to count for something.

Tiki: EWWWWW on the not washing hands!! Yuck, yuck, yuck. I guess the baby boom has settled down in your family? LOL.

Well, I went to the store and bought all fruits and veggies. I did really well for supper. I had one of the LC meals and a salad. I just had some fruit so yeah for me!! I bought Alex some chicken nuggets and fish sticks. He's boycotting baby food. He wants to feed himself. He ate four nuggets (they were small), grape tomatoes and strawberries for dinner. I should have taken his picture afterwards, his face was all red from the berries. I made broccoli for him too but he wouldn't eat it!! Little turkey kept throwing it on the floor. The dog liked it.

Well, AF is back today so I guess I will be able to get pg soon!! (I'm trying to find a bright side to her being back.) I don't want to curse myself but so far not so bad. Cramps were much lighter than usual.

Hello to everyone!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 08:35 AM   #15  
LBH

Hi All!

Karen, Good for you on the food choices!! And good for Alex eating the chicken nuggets!! That's pretty darn good! Peter...when he will eat them...will only eat a couple. If I cook the broccoli really well, so it's soft, sometimes I can get him to eat the trees. I need a dog to help keep my kitchen floor clean!!

Tiki, 13 babies in 3 yrs?!?! WOW!! You must go broke buying presents!!
I would've gone ballistic if I found out daycare wasn't cleaning properly, but I know they do. I talked to Judy, the asst. director yesterday and she assured me that not only do all the toys get cleaned in bleach water weekly, but all the mouth toys get cleaned daily...or more. They also Lysol the bouncy seats/excersaucers/swings daily, and wash them once a week. They disinfect the cribs weekly too, but they don't share cribs, they have a designated crib. I know they use gloves and paper liner on the changing table too. Heck, they used to wear gloves when feeding him his bottles when he was a baby, because it was breastmilk, not formula!! People are soo paranoid! But I guess I'd rather them be paranoid then lazy!

Rabbit...hmm, maybe you really are from a rabbit family?! Congrats (I guess?) to your brother & his GF.

My friend who was overdue had her baby Monday. She was due 6/2! Labor started at 12:30AM and by the time she got to the hospital at 2:15AM, she was 9cm!! So she couldn't get any drugs. Baby was born at 3:01AM weighing 10 lbs, 1oz. and 21 3/4"!! God bless her is all I could say!! Peter & I went to see her last night and she's a cutie...not as big as I imagined though...thankfully she has a fairly small head, unlike her brother and sister did. She got a ton of hair though, I think as much as Peter!!

Have any of you ever made sweet potato fries? I tried making some last night with our turkey burgers, but they didn't turn out good. I boiled them a bit to get slightly soft, then put them in a baking pan w/foil and sprinkled cinn. sugar on them. I sprayed them w/Pam and baked them for awhile, but they were still soft...and stuck to the foil. Maybe I should've coated them with oil or something?