Old 06-12-2004, 08:43 AM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

Talking Stay At Home Moms #192

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
Old 06-12-2004, 08:44 AM   #2  

I hope it was ok to start a new thread....
nagsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 09:13 AM   #3  

Talking You Will Not Believe This, Whoooohooooo!!!!

WHOOOHOOOO!!!
I went ahead and did my FIRST weigh-in one day early and after weighing eight different times in six different level locations and also waking up my son and weighing him to make sure my scale wasnt broken, here are the results....

I have lost....(drum roll..) 8.5lbs (yes, thats eight and a half pounds) since Sunday June 6th. I now weigh-in at 265.5lbs

OMG, can you believe this?? The only thing I can think was this loss is mostly water and that I must had been retaining a whole heck of a alot of it before starting this diet (LMAO)
I know its not healthy to lose this kind of weight every week but I think it is ok seeing as this is my first week.

anyways, last night I decided I was going to blow of my excersise today BUT I have since reconsidered and have now a whole new motivation to get out there and walk, walk walk!!!

I am a loser, I really am a loser and now I am crying so I better get off here and eat my breakfast.
Old 06-12-2004, 09:15 AM   #4  
SAHM of 3

Hi all.
Yes Lisa that was fine, but be sure next time to post that on the old one, that you are starting a new one. Some folks get emailed when there is a new post but they have to do that on each post, so if they aren't notified they may not know.
Well, you have been having a horrible time with this site. Is everything better? I sure hope so, I think all that you've gone through is goofy. Sorry about your Curves membership.
Spryng, you look great. I dodge cameras too but I always thought when I got to my goal weight I wouldn't dodge anymore and if I were you I wouldn't. You look great and your legs do look so thin.
Cindi, WTG!!! You knew you'd break through those 100's and you did it. There's no going back now.
Michelle, glad you exercised, you do it everyday and keep it up.
Geri, sorry about TOM, but hey you're a woman.
Leigh, morning, I guess you're busy with your company, hope to hear from you.
Di, sorry about the cold. That's all my sister gives herself and the kids is Echinacea. Really good stuff, but somewhat expensive and she's got 7 kids so it doesn't last long.
Well, I ended up having Taco Bell for lunch yesterday, oh when I passed by it I could taste it in my mouth and the kids didn't want it, but I persuaded them. So lunch wasn't good, but dinner I had the salad from Sonic and a few fries.
Well, my nausea has been going away. It's better today, SO FAR, then at all. Maybe it's going away for good. If I think too much about food I feel queasy but otherwise I'm okay. I'm staying home to clean today. My house is horrible, obviously I haven't felt like doing a thing lately. I've got to mop, finish up some laundry, clean off my desk area and take care of financial things.
And by the way, I haven't said anything, but the guy at the bank said SO FAR we're looking good. There are still a few stumbling blocks in the way, but where we are now, is a good sign. We're keeping our fingers crossed.
So, I'll try to be around later and check in. Hope everyone is having a good Saturday.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 09:26 AM   #5  

Hi Crystal, I DID post a message on the old thread saying I was making a new one
LOL, better go check and see if its still there
Old 06-12-2004, 09:33 AM   #6  
Walking away the weight

Default Happy Saturday :)

Good morning all! Well, I used my flexpoints yeaterday for McDonald's That was fun. So, it's back OP today. But today is my day off from exercise. Last night, we went to pick up BIL's girlfriend at the airport and she immediately said, "Wow. You look great! So skinny!" That one comment made me beam all night

Michelle- that's a great idea about the wedding photos. If you do that, it will be neat for us to see them. I was very thin at my wedding, so I use that as goal setting photos Actually, my goal weight is 10lbs heavier than I was at my wedding because I actually think my wedding weight is harder for my body to maintain.

Spryng - I love those photos - what a beautiful family. You look fabulous! Your arms look very muscular about Tanner pulling your shirt off. Liam does that to me all the time!

Hi, Geri! How's the new dishwasher coming along?

Lisa - on the 8 lbs!!! That's incredible. That's sooo weird about your account and messages. What on earth is going on?

Crystal - so glad you're starting to feel better, and so happy to hear the loan looks good. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Well, I"ve got to do laundry - TTYL
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 09:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!!
Boy today is going to be another dragging day for me. Had thunderstorms most of the night that kept me awake and then when I finally did fall back alseep I had these crazy dreams about still being awake during the thunderstorm! lol. So I'm tired already and the day has just begun. But I have ALOT planned today. Tomorrow I will be gone all day to see my bf and her new baby so I plan on having this house spotless today. I've really been slacking the past couple of days and not keeping up with my routines. So today I'm going to get everything done plus a few extra things (like dusting, laundry, scrubbing the toilet, etc) When I go somewhere I love to come home to a clean house.

First let me welcome Angela!! I am Spryng, mother of 3. Ava-4, Bubba (aka Joseph)-3, and Tanner-11 months. What plan are you on? I look forward to getting to know you better.

Lisa, congrats on such a great loss!!! We all knew you were a loser, lol. But it's normal to lose quite a bit of weight the first week or even the first month. When you have more to lose it comes off in chunks at first and then will slow down to the normal 1-2 lbs a week. So enjoy it while it lasts, lol. My dh is losing fast too, he's already lost 19 lbs in one month. But I know it will slow down in a few more weeks. And I'm glad you were able to chat with us last night! It was fun. We'll have to do it again soon. Tonight I really need to get a workout in so I don't think I'll be in the chat room.

Crystal, I hope your morning sickness is passing! or maybe you are just learning to manage it better. But either way it's a good thing! I went back and re-looked at my pic and I guess my legs are skinny huh? LOL. I always picture myself with thunder thighs but I guess they are gone now. It really does take the mind alot longer to catch up with your weightloss. I still see myself as over weight when around other people and hold myself in a way so as to not draw attention to my problem areas, but in reality my problem areas are ones only I notice anymore. I'll get there eventually, lol. I hope everything goes through at the bank! You must be so anxious to hear some good news. I'm excited for you. I love moving into new houses.

Penny I hope your party is going great today!!

Ginny, hope to see you back here soon. I know your life is super busy right now. Congrats on your daughters graduation!!!

ok, guess I have to get off here and start working on this house. Don't want to but I have to. What is for dinner tonight everyone?? I'm making a crockpot dish, Morroccan Chicken. I hope it turns out ok. I found I really don't like any of saving dinner's soups so far. This is more of a bean dish with chicken in it so maybe it will be better, I hope so.
ok, TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 09:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Crystal - Wow great to hear that so far the building loan looks good!! I'm definately keeping my fingers crossed for you Also I'm so glad that you are feeling a little less queasy I hope this is the last of it I can't wait til you start feeling little flutters of movement, I always loved that! Are you going to find out the sex? I did with both of mine I just couldnt wait lol. Teagan was so funny when I had one of my ultrasounds the technician said wow she has a lot of hair and then she shows us where teagans hair is floating around in the fluid lol it was soo cute.

Lisa - I'm glad you aren't going to blow your walking off today Its so healthy for you to get some exercise during the day (omg did I just say that?) I'm now an endorphin junkie lol I live for the exercise high Congrats on your 8.5 lbs down!! Keep up the good work!

Well Teagan got up early again and is fussy ughhhh and I'm tired, as usual lol, can you tell I'm not a morning person I'm planning at least 4 miles again today but possible 6 so I can get at least 1.5 hours of exercise in Well I got some cleaning to do, so I will check in later.

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 09:43 AM   #9  

Talking

Thanks Leigh,
I appreciate your support over the past week, as have I appreciated everyones support. I think what happened yesterday was a some kind of system error or something but it seems like it is working fine now.

I just wanted to add that I am soooo glad I found you all and this thread and now consider you all my new found "loser" friends. (lol)

Together, we CAN and WILL accomplish our goals. I now have no doubt in my mind that this will happen!!
Old 06-12-2004, 09:48 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Leigh - Oh what a nice compliment you got!! I would be beaming too I bet you feel just great!!

Spryng - So sorry you are tired this morning darn thunderstorms are always keeping you up! I know what you mean about it taking your mind longer to catch up with your new self image But I think you look MAH-volous Dahlink

Ok I'm going to clean
TTFN!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 09:57 AM   #11  

Good morning all!!
Boy today is going to be another dragging day for me. Had thunderstorms most of the night that kept me awake and then when I finally did fall back alseep I had these crazy dreams about still being awake during the thunderstorm! lol. So I'm tired already and the day has just begun. But I have ALOT planned today. Tomorrow I will be gone all day to see my bf and her new baby so I plan on having this house spotless today. I've really been slacking the past couple of days and not keeping up with my routines. So today I'm going to get everything done plus a few extra things (like dusting, laundry, scrubbing the toilet, etc) When I go somewhere I love to come home to a clean house.

First let me welcome Angela!! I am Spryng, mother of 3. Ava-4, Bubba (aka Joseph)-3, and Tanner-11 months. What plan are you on? I look forward to getting to know you better.

Lisa, congrats on such a great loss!!! We all knew you were a loser, lol. But it's normal to lose quite a bit of weight the first week or even the first month. When you have more to lose it comes off in chunks at first and then will slow down to the normal 1-2 lbs a week. So enjoy it while it lasts, lol. My dh is losing fast too, he's already lost 19 lbs in one month. But I know it will slow down in a few more weeks. And I'm glad you were able to chat with us last night! It was fun. We'll have to do it again soon. Tonight I really need to get a workout in so I don't think I'll be in the chat room.

Crystal, I hope your morning sickness is passing! or maybe you are just learning to manage it better. But either way it's a good thing! I went back and re-looked at my pic and I guess my legs are skinny huh? LOL. I always picture myself with thunder thighs but I guess they are gone now. It really does take the mind alot longer to catch up with your weightloss. I still see myself as over weight when around other people and hold myself in a way so as to not draw attention to my problem areas, but in reality my problem areas are ones only I notice anymore. I'll get there eventually, lol. I hope everything goes through at the bank! You must be so anxious to hear some good news. I'm excited for you. I love moving into new houses.

Penny I hope your party is going great today!!

Ginny, hope to see you back here soon. I know your life is super busy right now. Congrats on your daughters graduation!!!

ok, guess I have to get off here and start working on this house. Don't want to but I have to. What is for dinner tonight everyone?? I'm making a crockpot dish, Morroccan Chicken. I hope it turns out ok. I found I really don't like any of saving dinner's soups so far. This is more of a bean dish with chicken in it so maybe it will be better, I hope so.
ok, TTYL!
Old 06-12-2004, 10:02 AM   #12  

I have no idea why my post appeared twice. Weird.
Old 06-12-2004, 10:10 AM   #13  
SAHM of 3

Good Morning again. Lots of posts since my last one.
Thanks to all of your for your fingers being crossed, LOL!!!
Spryng, you welcomed Angela, I never read a new post from anyone. Was it on the last thread? I read all of those maybe I missed it.
Well sorry you didn't sleep well, at least it's Saturday, you can just hang around and get in a nap.
I'll get a nap later too. Now I'm off to clean breakfast dishes.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 11:24 AM   #14  

Hi Again,
First, let me welcome Angela to the group. I am sorry i didnt welcome you before but I must of missed your post. My name is lisa (nags lol) and I am 32, married 16 years and have 2 boys, 12 and 8. I just started last sunday and these women on this thread are an absolutle great support system and very motivating. They will also crack you up during chat.

I am not good at remembering names but I am going to give this a try lol....

Diane, I hope you feel better soon. I know how much being ill take out of you so hope you get well soon.

Leigh, I was curious, after reading one of your posts, what "Flex Points" were. I have never done WWs and get confused when people talk about the point system and also what is OP?? (lol sorry for all the questions). are you able to eat "anything" with these points?? Mabey i will start giving myself a point for every extra 10 mins I walk a day. MMmmm

Spryng......How much do you wuv me??? cause I was just wondering if you felt like coming over here afterward and cleaning up my house I will pay you and I will give you a gazzilion of Leighs flex points for coming over (hint hint)

Leigh...its me again, can I borrow a gazzilion of your flex points??

Michelle...your really doing good with your miles and encourage me to walk a little more each day, thanks

Chubba...sorry, please forgive me but I forgot your real name. I am sooooooooooooo sorry. I didnt see you post yesterday and enjoyed talking to you, where are you???

I think I got everyone, if I didnt I am sorry...

Well, I did go do my walking this morning. I walked 5 extra mins this morning for a total of 24 mins. I am trying to gradually increase my mins each day. I walked at a slightly quicker pace today and went further too.

I don't know what I am going to do, in the way of excersise, this afternoon. I wont be going to "you know where" but heres what I was thing and tell me what you all think.
If I play some fast pace music and dance in place and keep it up does that count as an aerobic workout??
I am going to try doing that this afternoon and take my heart rate every now and again and see if I can get my heart rate up to an aerobic rate. If nothing else, it will be fun to dance around the house (lol) and will be better than sitting on the couch.

Well, I didnt eat breakfast before my walk this morning and so I am going to go eat and do a few loads of laundry. I will check back later in the day.
Old 06-12-2004, 11:43 AM   #15  

Hi Ladies!

Just a quick note, then off to a birthday party with the boys, and hubby!

Lisa, what a fantastic job on the weight loss, you've got a great head start. I'm glad you are keeping up with your exercise routine as well, that will go a long way in keeping you losing.

Crystal, hope today is a good non queesy day for you all around. I did get to briefly check out the Watkins web site, but didn't really get to look in detail at any of the products yet. Hopefully I'll get some time later this weekend.

Michelle, Spryng, Cindi, Penny and Ricci, howdy to you all, don't clean too freaking much and have a great day!

I'll check in later this afternoon after the big Party. I hope my kids don't run me ragged, but I'm sure they will!

-Di
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote