Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-12-2004, 08:41 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekend Chat, Sat 12th & Sun 13th

Gooooooood Morning Everyone,

DD slept until 8 am whooohoooo!! it felt nice to just lay in bed for once.

Today is exercise, a flea market up the street from my house and BJ's Wholesale club. Weather is beautiful so windows go up and we'll be out.

Watcha doing today?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 02:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Afternoon Leenie and the rest of our gang!

So glad you got to sleep in! what did you do for exercise today? I cleaned house for 6 hours! glad it's clean but it probably won't be in about 15 minutes! you know how that goes.

Joanne - so sorry to hear about your ankle! how in the world did you break it? I will keep you in my prayers! hope all goes well!

Flower - it is so good to have you back home! I am anxious to hear how things went! hurry up and catch your breath so you can tell us all about it!

I'm gonna do as little as possible the rest of the day!

later gaters,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 05:41 PM   #3  

HI everyone!

Hubby is gone for a week of golf in British Columbia......we swnt to Ikea and dd12 found "stuff" to reno her room.......Today we have been cleaning......and bought paint.....we are pulling a Debbie Travis while hubby is away......I have never even painted a paint by number in my life so I have no clue how it is gonna go.....but we are gonna give it a try anyway.....

Joanne nice to see you again..sorry about your ill health.

Hi Leens and Cathy......pray for me and my reno.......fingers crossed

I'll check in later.

LIz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 05:59 PM   #4  

Liz - I will definitely be praying for you! are you trying to finish up her room before your dh gets back? wow! are you working this week too or have all week to work on it? YOU GO GIRL!
Old 06-12-2004, 08:09 PM   #5  
Walking by faith

Smile Hi Everyone!

I mentioned yesterday about my ankle-the scary thing is, that I'm not exactly sure HOW it broke My right leg is partially paralyzed, and I have complete paralysis and loss of sensation in my right foot. I took a fall about 4 weeks ago. About a week afterward, I noticed swelling and redness in my right ankle. I saw a doctor, who sent me for an ultrasound on my leg. Her diagnosis was Phelbitis. (the ultrasound was to rule out a deep-vein clot). I rested for a few days, then went about my normal routine. After about another week and a half, my ankle started getting worse. I went back to the doctor, and she took a blood test-she thought it might be gout (accounting for the pain and swelling). The next morning, I was using my walker to get to my room, and I felt a pop in my ankle. It became very painful and swollen, and I couldn't put any weight on it. I ended up at the hospital for x-rays, and my doctor (who treats my paralysis) for a follow up. It's a long story, but I didn't see my regular doctor. I actually saw a PA who told me that my ankle would never be the same, I could develop an infection, I could even DIE as a result of complications (attributed, of course, to my weight). He said all this while DS was sitting there.

Needless to say, I've been talking to Jesus a lot. I know He's in control, but I need all the prayers I can get!

I'll be back soon!

Love to everyone
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 08:34 PM   #6  

Oh Joanne - goodness a gracious you are having a rough time - I am praying for you right now and will keep you in my prayers!

please keep us posted!

hugs,
cathy
Old 06-12-2004, 09:11 PM   #7  

Good afternoon everyone

It is pouring rain right now....it was sunnier earlier today....I was even on the deck in my shorts earlier.

I have been having withdrawal symptoms....trying to come off of the Celexa....mostly feeling sad....am down to 1/2 a pill from 2....a month ago I started to decrease it....it doesn't last all day....thank goodness.....hopefully it passes soon.

I bought a sweater from Nordstroms....saw it on line....had never ordered for there before....it was more expensive than I usually buy clothes for....it was by Emme....the plus size model....today I looked at the site....it was $46 U.S. cheaper....$62 Canadian....so I called the 800 number....I had it credited to my Mastercard....was glad to have the credit.

Leenie....what is BJ's wholesale club.....have never heard of that?

We are having a quiet day at home.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 09:44 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Cathy, I did the eliptical this morning 6 hrs of cleaning, egads!

Where are my manners today, DUH!!!

Joanne, omgosh you poor thing. Its really strange how you could even get around all this time on it, amazing is more like it. Oh dolly, hugs and kisses to you. Did you say surgery is Tuesday? Love and prayers for sure.

Flower power !! well I'm a waiting anxiously to hear how your trip went. Was it what you expected. Tell your son Anthony thanks for keeping us posted on you.

Liz, have fun painting, I'm sure it will come out wonderful, and what a cool surprise.

April, BJ's is like Sam's Club or Costco's, its a great bulk item store. April why are you coming off the meds ? will they be replaced?

Had a wonderful day today, hit the flea market w/dd, then took her bowling this afternoon, she did wonderful, what a trooper. Carried that ball like she knew what she was doing lol, it was funny b/c she would roll the ball so slow sometimes, it would actully stop and start rolling back up the lane. Kids are fun.

Tomorrow is church and they are having their summer picnic. I made cupcakes to bring then after church we will probably go in the kiddy pool and splash around. I have my laundy almost done but not folded.........any takers?
Old 06-12-2004, 09:56 PM   #9  

Leenie.....My doctor wants me to come off the meds until Oct. 1....he said with SAD....you don't need the meds for the summer....the counsellor I saw....said she never heard of that....coming off of them....for the summer....the only thing is....it's hard to come off them....because of the withdrawal symptoms.

April
Old 06-12-2004, 10:24 PM   #10  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Everyone! I survived Finals!!! I also survived the stressful eating binge. I am still holding at around 360-362lbs, the dial kept wiggling when I was trying to read it *grins*

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm gonna get my rear in gear and back on program. I've been trying to be good... man tho, those cravings hit me something awful this last week... but I've been good!

Flower - WELCOME HOME! *grouphug*

Hugs to everyone!!!

I'll cut this short... I'll be back more often now that I have the break off and don't know what to do with myself LOL!

Take care!
Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 08:24 AM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Sonday Morning

Suemarie, how do you think you did on the finals? I can't imagine at my age having to go to school again, its a good thing your getting it over w/now. Smart !!!

April, I've never heard of people not coming off of meds for SAD, I know I always did. Hope your ride down from them isn't a bad one. How do you feel about it?

Today is our Sunday School picnic so I'm sitting here telling DD to PLEASE eat so we can get going lol, kids So thats where I'm heading.

Have a good one all !

Love yah !!

Beth Ann
Old 06-13-2004, 12:21 PM   #12  

Good Morning Gang!

I did a 3 mile WATP tape this morning even tho I didn't feeling like it! I think it ought to count for double when you don't feel like doing it and you do it anyway! don't ya'll agree! I think that should be the rule from now on!

I'm taking it easy today - took the day off from life and I'm not going anywhere today. I do not think I have missed Sunday morning church in years, but I just felt like I needed to take it easy this morning. No big deal, just needed a minute to myself. All my guys should be back from church in about 30 minutes.

What's everybody doing today?

hugs,
cathy
Old 06-13-2004, 01:35 PM   #13  
Oooo Silly Me!

Leenie...

Well, My English Prose Analysis class, hmm I think I got an A in there, my Mathmatical Analysis class I think I either got an A or a B. My Linguistics class, I definately got a B. That class really threw me for a loop. I more than likely am still on the Deans Honor list though. I just think I may have messed up my 4.0 GPA. I wasn't planning on getting a job this term so I planned all my class for just two days... Tuesday and Thursday. So basically I ended up getting a job and then working from 8am to 8p.m. That really gave me very little time between Tuesday and Thursday to do any kind of homework or studying. I planned the Fall term much better. Basically no more evening classes. That really wrecked havoc on me. Not to mention in the Fall I'll be taking 4 classes rather than 3. I'm trying to get school over and done with FAST.

Man... James and I went to go look at the new houses they are building and I fell in love with their middle model. Broke my heart to hear that it was 350K *cries* Cannot afford that on just James' salary. So that's some motivation to get school done and over with and getting into a real job. The other motivation is, we're going to get married when I finish school. 7 years together, if we haven't gotten sick of each other yet, I think that's a good sign Also, another motivation is they offer teachers certain packages on houses... so that will help with a house we want to buy hopefully.

The lady in the school district personel office mailed me some info on another job. They got them measured on a salary range and this new job is for an Instructional Assistant in Computers at a High School. The salary range is 3 ranges higher than where I am now... (so if I were a range 20 it would be a range 23 type of thing). It offers more hours, and it also offers medical benefits so I'm going to apply. I'm just concerned about being able to pay for college if I take the job since it would kill my VA tuition waiver. But it's so good not to turn down. Something I've really gotta debate over.

James and I are cleaning house! We cleaned out our garage yesterday... my goodness... everytime I open the garage door to go into it, I just smile. It was a mine feild before, and now you can actually walk through it withought getting nailed by a bike or a lawnmower, or even a shovel LOL. I think the next task I wanna do is taking my garage door down, peeling the paint off, sanding it down, water proofing it, and re-painting it. I want one of those roll up doors, but it will have to wait.

Today is Day #1 of my "Back on Track" program. It sort of went out the door during the last two weeks cause of finals... luckily I didn't gain much if anything. Oh! Another thing... It's only been like 20lbs, but I was able to wear jeans that I haven't been able to wear in a long time. HEheheh course when I put them on, there were so stiff! But it was a great feeling.

Okie ladies, I'll catch you later...

Huggerz...
Sue...
Old 06-13-2004, 02:00 PM   #14  

Good morning everyone

Leenie....is that the usual thing to do....to come off the meds for the summer until the fall.....when one has SAD......maybe Oct. 1. Last Summer I came off the med....in the 1st 10 days of July....coming off of it was better than this year.....but I was on a different med then.....after a few weeks last year I felt fine....had lots of energy....so hopefully it will be like that soon. I feel good today.

It is a cloudy.....overcast day here....did better with eating yesterday.

Sue.....My DH & I were married while he was in school....he had 1 year left.....I was working full time as an RN.....he was working part time as well as going to shool full time.

After the 1 year of his going to school.....he got a job for 3 years.....was laid off....in the meantime...our DS1 was born.....when DS1 was 18 months....DH went back to school again....this time to university....full time for 15 months straight.....I was working full time then also.
Seven years seems like a long time to wait to get married.

I guess when we got married......in the 60s.....lots of women were working....we got married...& put our DHs through school.....it seems like it was the thing to do.
Back then.....people didn't live together like they do now....we wouldn't dream of it....we probably would have been disowned. Now.....even our own D3Ss have lived with their GFs.....times have changed.

I should go....there is an open house for a retirement complex......just a few minutes from us......that is opening up this summer......DH wants to go.....to see what it looks like.....not that we are ready for one....we are too young.

April
Old 06-13-2004, 03:29 PM   #15  
Oooo Silly Me!

Okie everyone, I just had to come back and say WOW! I hadn't weighed myself goodness in a week maybe two, only because I had assumed since I was pigging out that I had either gained weight or stayed put. Well I weighed myself this morning... 356lbs! I think I'm gonna hit my goal before I go on vacation!!! Hehehe, I'm excited lol. Course I hope it's not stress weight like I lost back in February, where I lost 6lbs and gained the 6 + a few lbs back

April... well, yeah I saw it as 7 years was a long time. We actualy had two dates set. March 29, 1998 (because we met for the first time March 29, 1997) We both I don't think were ready back then, not to mention we only knew each other for year. He had more cold feet than I did tho. Then we set a date for October 6, 2001... Basically what happened here was, we got tired of living in the apartments, was paying almost $1000 a month and figured could do better in a house. Not that we could afford much. We got so lucky with this house. It was a nice 1990's home and it was what they called a short sale. Basically the house was going to go into foreclosure and the banks were trying to sell it off before it happened. Was a strange situation. We dealt with the bank but the home owner was still involved. Either way, that ate up our money for any wedding we had in mine. So by this time, I was in school, the VA is helping me pay for my tuition, I was given a grant and I'm thinking... I wouldn't be able to pay for school if I lost my grant. If we got married his income would be considered mine... and so on... So we both decided it was best to hold off. It's funny too... I remember telling James, if I have to wait 10 years for us to realize we are right for each other, I'm gonna be long gone before that... We've had some pretty ehated conversations about it. Because I want a family and to have kids and so on, but I want to be married before I have kids and I not getting any younger... but it just seems like as I've gotten older, getting myself straightened out became more of a priority. Not to mention seeing a lot of my friends go through divorces sort of scared me as well. I also wanted to get married in the church since we are both of the same religion, but even that's changed. James still has to go through Sunday school to get Communion if we are to get married in the church... The more I think about it the more I'm like uggg I don't wanna do that or this and that and that! hehehe... Maybe also another big motivation for holding it off is, I don't want to be a fat bride. *sniffle* I wanna have a waistline. I wanna be in a non-plus size dress. You know, before this, I was just happy to be 250lbs in a plus size, but now that I can see I can do it and it's not that hard... at least yet, that I think I can actually get out of plus size and get the dress that I wanted.... ahhh *sigh* I had so many dreams for my wedding, but now everything is changing, most for the good... that I think I could wait and hold off.

Did I mention ya'll are in invited? *grins*

But yes, you are right... 7 years is a long time to wait, if I said I could wait to get married 5 years ago... I'd be laughing at myself hehehe, but we're committed to each other, and I know that when it does happen... it will be a joyous occasion for us both. Yikes, and not to mention we're trying to save up again LOL. Hmmm, I hope this is not a bad sign, that I'm loosing my will to marry him... I still do want to, just not now... strange how things change... All I know is, God sent me him during a hard time and he's lifted me so high up from where I used to be. Of course he had a hard time with his life at the point as well. Was going through some rocky times. He's my rock and I'm his Anchor. Course there are still times I wanna ring his little neck

Alrighty, I'm outta here. I gotta go figure out what to do with my day hehehe

hugz to everyone
Sue...