View Poll Results: What's Most Important In A Mate? (Pick only One)
Sexual Compatibility 0 0%
Brains 0 0%
Emotional Stability 0 0%
Sense Of Humor 2 25.00%
Responsibility 1 12.50%
Kindness 1 12.50%
None Of The Above/Something Else 4 50.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 09:14 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozie's....(#93)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Old 06-08-2004, 09:18 PM   #2  

Don't Forget To Go Back To #92 And Read The Last Few Posts There!!
Old 06-09-2004, 05:27 AM   #3  

Sherry-Your poll today is hard! How about all of the above plus something else?
Old 06-09-2004, 10:43 AM   #4  

Hi ladies, We took a mini vacation last week and had lots of fun. We went to a place called Cave City, KY and Guntown mountain. The kids had a great time. They did a lot of things for the first time. One of their favorites was discovering mini golf. We played 5 times!!!

Sherry I sure do wish I had checked in and knew about your yard sales. Me and the kids love going to yard sales. I haven't had one this year but have tons of stuff that needs to go somewhere else.

I have read everyones post and am thinking of you all.
Have to go get my tires rotated and balanced. I will check back in later

Love
Tina
Old 06-09-2004, 10:56 AM   #5  

Gayle,
I wish I had some words of wisdom that would give you comfort and ease your pain. I just know that after watching the Hospice workers with mom these last few months, that it takes a very, very special, selfless, kind, caring, compassionate person to do the job that you do. And THAT DESCRIBES YOU PERFECTLY. Please don't doubt for one moment that you are right for the avocation that you have chosen. I know it must be very hard for you to decide what to do about your friend. We can all give our two cents worth, but when it comes right down to it, only you know in your heart what is right for you. You have to look deep inside and search for the courage to do whatever you decide.... and neither decision willl be wrong, it will be what is right for you. Please know that your friend will love you whatever you decide. You are an angel sent from heaven to do very special work on earth.

Love you,
Ramona
Old 06-09-2004, 01:04 PM   #6  

Dez was given a form to fill out for a scholarship from the bank of montreal. One of the requirements is to wrote a two page essay on "Recommendations to Bank Of Montreal Financial Group in continueing the tradition of supposting local communities today and in the future" Do you have any ideas what to write? She plans on working on it today. Thanks.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:09 PM   #7  

Gayle I second what Ramona has said. I know that this is very hard for you. Life just isn't fair. Do what your heart tells you to do. We are here for you.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:49 PM   #8  

Dee, it made me dizzy just reading the title of the proposal! I'm afraid I wouldn't be any help in this area. One thing she might do which I always found useful: tell her to get out her dictionary or thesaurus and use big, impressive, but not obscure words. CEO types tend to like that sort of thing. Tell her I said "Good Luck".

BTW, the description of the party was wonderful. I especially liked the gold fish idea. I never thought of that!!
Old 06-10-2004, 09:28 AM   #9  
Losing it!

Dee, when will Dez need to turn this in? If she needs some assistance, email me with the details and Steve can maybe help her out tonight after work. My husband is blessed with a way for words. Although sometimes he tends to do as the old saying....he dazzles with bull sh*t!!!
Old 06-10-2004, 12:21 PM   #10  
Losing it!

Ramona, your kind words made me cry! Thank each and every one of you for seeing the strength in me that I can't see or feel right now. Nancy has not made a decision with Hospice at this point, so as a friend, I am helping if they want me to.
Yesterday I went over so her husband could go to work for awhile, it had been a week since I had seen her, although we had a few phone conversations. Her condition is deteriorating weekly if not daily. A few weeks ago she could walk without assistance at a slow pace, now she needs help sitting up, walking etc. Even with the phone right next to her, at times she can't reach it. When I walked into her room, she was flat with half of her body on the bed and the bottom half hanging off of the bed. I asked if she had tried to get up on her own, she told me the phone rang but she could not lift herself up to a sitting position. I know yesterday had to be rough on her, I helped her to the bathroom and then told her I would wait outside. In a little bit, she called my name and asked for help, she could not lift herself up off the toilet, which was equipped with a riser. She told me once as we were trying to walk how pathetic she feels. Thank you girls for listening to me, I can't share to much of this information with anyone else and it just seems to help a little by writing it down.

Dee, I am so proud of Dez! Tell her so! It seems like she is getting it together!
I'm so happy the anniversary celebration went well! What did you do with all the little gold fishies? Please don't tell me you flushed them? LOL!

Shelley, enjoy your days off! Time will go so much faster then when you are at the school. Did you decide on a color for the walls yet?

Tina, the vacation sounded like fun! Is Guntown Mountain a western themed amusement park?

I hope everyone of you are doing well with things in your life. Hopefully, one of theses days we will have the "painter" back with us!

Are all of you staying OP? It is a constant struggle for me, daily my clothes seem to be getting tighter.

Wishing each and everyone of you a wonderful day! Love, Gayle
Old 06-10-2004, 03:28 PM   #11  

Thanks Gayle for offering Steve's help. Dez just printed it f and is handing it in as I post this. Feel the strenght from the prayers that I pray for you.

Ramona Dez did use the thesaurus, thanks.

Well gonna go lie down and rest my back. I promised Larry no more tears today.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:09 AM   #12  

Gayle...how are things going for you??? Are you feeling better b/c i have been praying for you..

Ramona...So proud of Dez

Dee....rest that back of yours when you can and definitely no more tears.

Sher, how's the painting going....

Vicki
Old 06-11-2004, 06:37 PM   #13  

I have decided that our medical system here is not for the sick. I have been crying again. I just can't help it. The other night when I was lying in bed with Larry I asked him through tears "Why won't they help me? Does it have to come to me being in a wheel chair before they help me?" I talked to the surgeons office today and my MRI that was only suppose to take a month is scheduled for September 8. Set backs because of summer holidays. I have had a very rough week and this is the last thing that I needed to hear.

GTG Larry is home from work. I love you all.
Old 06-11-2004, 06:57 PM   #14  

Dee-Can't you come to the US to get an MRI? Why does it take so long to get one? Here there are scheduled and done in no time.
Old 06-11-2004, 11:14 PM   #15  

Dee, I agree with Shelley. There is no reason for you to be receiving inferior medical care. I have MRI's done within 24 hours on two seperate occasions. I think if they are not going to help you, you should seek out a doctor in the states. You have to get some help before you have permanent damage!
UAMS and Baptist Medical Center here in Arkansas are recognized world wide for helping people with problems that no one else can seem to take care of. Texas also has some excellent surgeons. I would be happy to get some names for you if you would like. Please consider some alternatives, your health depends on it.

Love you,
Ramona
Closed Thread