Old 06-08-2004, 10:34 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post Stay at home Mom's #189

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 10:41 AM   #2  
SAHM of 3

Spryng, you crack me up about the hair cut. I was so excited to cut Andrew's. I can't stand their hair to be too long, just Andrew. We buzzed it off when I don't know how old he was. Several times before he was 1 year. It was barely touching his ears and we shaved it. We shave it now too and it is soooo cute.
Anyways, dinner??? The thought of EVERYTHING makes me sick to my stomach. Yesterday I was thinking about chicken and dumplings but now it doesn't sound good so I don't know.
And believe it or not, I've NEVER had morning sickness. I never puked with ANY of them at any time. I've just spent the first trimester VERY naseus and on the edge of it. I hate this part. I find that even though nothing sounds good, when I eat I feel better. Geri said that's what she had to do, nibble all day. I may have to do that too.
Michelle, I've never heard of those wrist bands. They have prenatal vitamins that help fight morning sickness and other things, but of course I didn't get that kind.
Well, I made breakfast and cleaned that, stripped the beds and sheets are in the wash. I've got a load in the dryer. I think I'll sit back in my recliner again. It's raining here, most of the day, that real light drizzle that sounds so nice to doze in. I think that's what I'm about to do.
Hope everyone is having a good day. I'll be back around later.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:49 AM   #3  
2BoysMom

Good morning all.
Just finished my 3 mi walk and thought I would drop by and say hi!
Dinner...taco's I think...that may be lunch for Mom and I...then I'll have some Morningstar Farms for dinner. Dh has been getting home late the past couple of days and the boys can't wait that long for dinner.

OK, today I'm hopping in the 3' pool. It's supposed to be near 90 again today and now that I got my walk in I'm very sweaty! We'll be out all day again unless the rains come ( 30% this afternoon and then 60% tonight..then It'll cool back down to the 70's...that's more my temp
Have a great day ladies! Leigh I'm going to try to catch your Dh sometime today.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 10:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Crystal - Oh yeah I had those prenates I forgot about them because I had to completely stop taking vitamins because they thought that was what was making me sick but of course I still did even after I stopped taking them. Man I cant remember what they were called for the life of me but they had rx in the name is all I can remember lol Now I have to go look lol. Ok I'll brb!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 11:18 AM   #5  

Ah Ha!! I found them Crystal:

PremesisRx®
The first prescription vitamin/mineral supplement for use in conjunction with a physician-prescribed regimen designed to help reduce nausea during pregnancy. Can be used in conjunction with other prenatal vitamins as prescribed.

those are the ones that I took but they didn't really help me it was just too severe.

Anyway man I'm kinda stuck with my weight I'm going to take today off of exercise maybe, I dunno I just seem to be stuck at 224-225 . I'll figure it out lol.

geri - the pool sounds like fun, I would hop in with my girls but I'm too embarassed to wear shorts so I just sweat the summer away lol. Glad you got a walk in!

Michelle
Old 06-08-2004, 12:01 PM   #6  

Good Morning Ladies!

Well I'm back from the dark place, I wont divulge what I ate last night, I don't want to add to temptation to the group. Let me just say that when I go "off" I go big! Jumped on the scale and I didn't manage to gain any weight, luckily, which leads me to believe that I was poised to lose a pound or two. Today is good so far, I really feel like I got it out of my system.

On the menu for tonight is something light, as I have Yoga, Steve will be eating leftovers and Logan and Ethan will be eating meatloaf, which I make ahead and freeze into portions for them.

I have about a gazillion errands, so I can't stay long right now.

Crystal, I hope you are feeling a little better. I felt nauseaus with the boys if I Didn't eat. So I had to keep eating little bits throughout the day. The mornings were pretty bad, but I never actually got sick. Towards the end I was so big and my stomach was so smooshed up with babies, I had to rely on "ensure" drinks to get in enough protein etc... I couldn't hold much at that time. I don't know how women carrying triplets and quads do it! Anyways, I hope it eases up for you soon, no wonder you have no energy!

Penny I'm sorry you caught that nasty bug too! How are you doing today?

Geri that's fantastic that you got your walk in already, it sounds like it's going to be a hot one there! Enjoy your tacos with mom, they sound yummy.

Lisa in regards to carbs, I agree with Michelle, go ahead and subtract fiber content from carb count, but sugar alcohols definately effect me, so I try to avoid them or count them. It can be confusing, but now that you have the basic "rules" down it should be a snap.

Leigh, Spryng, Michelle, Cindi and Ricci and anyone else "HI" to you all, I'll try and check in later today after my DMV appointment. Sigh, I hate the DMV!

-Di

Last edited by DianeJ; 06-08-2004 at 12:07 PM.
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 01:54 PM   #7  
SAHM of 3

Okay I've slept most of the morning away. Andrew fell asleep in the recliner and when I put him in his bed I climbed in Ally's. But the girls soon forget and tend to get louder and louder. So my naps are off and on dozing. And now that Andrew is STILL asleep he won't take another one today. I'm snacking on crackers and sipping a capri sun and that helps alot. Now I've got to have some real lunch.
Well I hope the day is going well for you all.
Michelle, the vitamins I saw were just at VitaminWorld, over the counter. They are the prenatal vitamin plus other things so it's all you have to take, but you had to take like 4 a day and I'm good to barely remember my one much less 4.
I'll be back around later.
Old 06-08-2004, 02:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon all!

Crystal, glad you got a nap in, even if it was a short one. Your body needs it.

Di, glad you are motivated to get back OP. Sometimes we need a "bad" day to get it out of our systems. I know I have those still.

Michelle, are you measuring yourself? I'm sure you aren't stuck. All that exercise is probably building some great lean muscle so the scale may be "stuck" because of that. But give it time... you will see more losses! You go ALL summer without wearing shorts!! We've all seen your picture, you have nothing to be embarassed about. You are a very pretty woman and shouldn't care what the neighbors think, lol. When I was at my biggest I got in my swimsuit and got in my kids kiddie pool! Hey when it's hot it's hot, lol.

Geri, what morning star farms are you having for dinner? Hamburgers sound good to me right now. I had the last of my mexican torta for lunch. Mmmmm... I may have to make up another one just for lunches. They were great heated up.

Crystal, my ds (bubba) got his hair buzzed (on accident) last year. MIL cuts his hair and accidentally buzzed a spot on his head so we had to buzz the whole thing to make it look right. I hated it. I like flat tops on him but not buzzed. But then again my dad had hair down to his rear end until I was 13-14 yrs old so I'm used to men with long hair and such. So unless you are in uniform I don't care for the buzzed look, lol. But Tanner's hair is not too long. He just looks like a baby still and I like that, lol.

Well, I got all of my morning routine done but still have yet to work 15 min in my zone. I sat down and started crocheting so needless to say I didn't get back up, lol. But that is ok. I enjoy crocheting more than cleaning off my fridge, lol. I decided on the spiced baked salmon for dinner. I did some research and salmon is prepared the same as any other fish so the times it gave to bake the white fish will work for my salmon too. I'm so glad. It just sounds so good to me.
Well I'm off to scour the net for free crochet patterns for beginners, lol. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 03:04 PM   #9  
SAHM of 3

Hi all.
Spryng, I understand that about the haircut. My friend is the same way, she wishes she would have not cut her ds until he was a year, but they have curly, curly hair and they have so much when they are born, they need a haircut then. She regrets cutting it. I like guys with really short hair, that's all dh does too. But I understand. I get tired of the baby thing though, I'm always ready to take the next step. Then again, none of my babies ever slept well as babies so I guess I thought if they'd get a little older, they'd sleep better, man was I wrong, huh, LOL!!!
Anyways, I had lunch, snacked on a few crackers, had the last peice of Ally's birthday cake and a frozen Stouffers meal with peas, mashed potatoes and some kind of smothered meat. It was good. And I can tell that when I eat or snack I feel so much better, but I broke myself from that snacking and it's actually hard to get back into it, I don't want to, that's a hard habit to break and then you have kids thinking they've got to snack all day too. What's a mama to do?
I wish I'd get another nap in today but I know I won't. Oh well.

Oh yeah Spryng, I don't like fish at all, but Salmon is the one that I would eat if I had to. It has more of a meaty texture to it rather than the other fish. It's a really good fish. Let us know how it turns out.
TTYL
Old 06-08-2004, 03:20 PM   #10  

Hey girls!!

Spryng - Thanks for making me feel much better!! But yes I do slave the summer away in pants and maybe a tshirt sometimes, I got really embarrassed of my arms because I gained most of my weight so fast that I have stretch marks on my arms You are so right about the exercise and the lean muscle I think that must be whats going on because I've been working even harder than before I even upped my exercise to 1.5 hours a day! So we'll see what happens come sunday. I'm not a big salmon fan but I do love swordfish, I haven't had it in so long because we can't get it "fresh" here it has to be flown in and its always frozen BLAH!!

Crystal- I'm glad you started feeling better after getting a little something in your tummy! That baby was hungry lol

Well I need to get ready to go work for 4 hours. I will TTYL!!
Michelle
Old 06-08-2004, 03:29 PM   #11  

Hi!
Michelle, I gained weight very fast after getting married (put on 40 lbs in 8 months) and I too have stretch marks on my upper arms (they are very light now but still visible) and I also got stretch marks on my inner thighs which can be seen (if you look close) when I wear shorts. But I won't let that stop me. I wear shorts to be cooler in the summer and tank tops too and I don't care what other people think if they see my stretch marks. It happens. So maybe this summer you can reconsider those shorts and not give yourself a heat stroke! lol. Wow, 1 1/2 hrs a day!! That is amazing. Then I guarentee it's lean muscle happening. I wish I had your motivation when it came to working out. I would love to just get in 20 min of consistant exercise every day, my body would be in great shape if I did an hour! So can you move to my town so we can work out together? lol. Hope you have fun at work.
Crystal, I'm with you when it comes to snacking. I don't do it. so when I was pregnant it was hard for me to force myself to snack every couple of hours. I like big meals and no snacks through out the day. And i will let you all know how dinner comes out.

Well I've been sitting here reading tons of crochet patterns. There are so many I want to try!! LOL. Too bad I don't have more hands. My blanket is coming along great though. I'm 3/4 finished.
Ok, gonna read some more. TTYL!
Old 06-08-2004, 03:33 PM   #12  

I just found the exact baby blanket I am working on online. So here is a pic of what it will look like when I am done. Mine is in soft yellow though. http://www.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/lio.../cts-afgh.html
Old 06-08-2004, 03:51 PM   #13  

Wow Spryng, that blanket is absolutely gorgeous!! It looks very snuggly and comfy as well. I'm very impressed that you can do that! Have you considered making a living crocheting? Or would that suck the fun out of it?

Michelle I agree with Spryng, where those shorts and tank tops! Let Your Freak Flag Fly, as they say in Cali! LOL I have stretch marks on my outer thighs, kind of light by now, amazingly I didn't get any with my pregnancy, I don't know how that happened. You will definately give yourself a heat stroke with all the exercising in pants. Ugh, I can't even imagine! You look beautiful, and you've been working so hard, be comfortable. Just don't wear hip-hugger jeans and a belly shirt, I don't think that looks good on anyone! Even miss Spears.

Salmon is yummy. I used to love it grilled on the BBQ, smothered in Borchon (sp?) cheese, you know that flavored, soft cheese. I wonder if they make a lower fat version of it so I can still have that and be OP, I'll have to look into that one!

OK, boys are napping and I'm up to my armpits in laundry, gotta jet.

-Di
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 03:55 PM   #14  

Di, you crack me up. No, I'm just a beginner at this crochet stuff. That blanket is a very easy one to do. I would love to learn how to make more intricate ones, but I'm learning. lol. And grilled salmon DOES sound so good. TGIF makes one with their jack daniels bbq sauce on it that my dh goes crazy over! lol. I may have to try that someday.
Ok, I'm getting tired of looking at this monitor. My poor eyes have read enough, lol. I'm getting off here to find something else to do. TTYL!
Old 06-08-2004, 05:12 PM   #15  
SAHM of 3

Sorry Lisa about not letting you in on our new thread. When the old one gets to 3 pages we start a new one. It just helps the confusion of too many pages.

Spryng, that is a pretty afaghan. I just love those things.

Michelle, wear those shorts and tank tops. I live in sleeveless tops in the summer. I don't have stretch marks, but I've ALWAYS had these little bumps all over the backs of my arms, I call them heat bumps, but they've always been there, that doesn't stop me a bit. I wear shorts all I want too. You don't worry about other people. In fact it's how you feel in the clothes not what you look like. There's a commercial that says that but I don't know what they're selling. Anyways, you go for it girl.

I've started feeling alittle better this afternoon. I'm gonna make chicken and dumplings. With this constant rain, it just seems right.
I'll check in later.