Old 06-08-2004, 07:49 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Tuesday Chat

Anyone awake??
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 07:52 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

I slept very little last night. And of course woke up to heat (it hadn't cooled off at all 73 degrees (94% humidity) outside and it's not going to get better. But at least the weather didn't say it was supposed to get into the 90's like it said yesterday. I HATE HUMID WEATHER!! I also hate being this crabby, emotional woman that I've become. I'm going to wal-mart after work and getting some herbs/vitamins. I looked some up at GNC and reminded myself of the ones I USED to take. Yup, been this way before. I thought it was PMS. I've given up on the idea of cleaning up this house (the way it SHOULD be cleaned) until I get my head on straight. It's messing up a lot of stuff. Attitude is everything isn't it, and mine's bad. I stayed OP yesterday, just not on induction, so that's a step in the right direction. I even exercised. But I'm still tired. ARGH.
Hope you all have a good day. I'll try and check in later this afternoon.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 08:50 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Everyone

Brenda how did you feel last year at this time compaired to this year, now? Is there something that has changed to make you feel so tired/crabby?

I know for me everything has changed, my vitamin intake, water, eating, etc. I let myself go right after Easter OY. How about making slow changes to the way you were last year. This week work on your vitamins and water intake, really record and take note of what your doing, then work harder next week on no sugar alcohols and your food intake. Then exercise. I think w/one step at a time we could do this. Wadda think?

Its a hot sunny day already ahhhh. I did excellent eating yesterday and exercising. I walked about 40 minutes (during work hrs, I don't have a boss - we're entitled to breaks and I never take them so now I will) and then last night when I got home I did my first ever upper body weight training I can feel it today but not horrible. When I was doing them last night my arms and chest was sore no pain no gain eh~

Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 08:54 AM   #4  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Good Morning All!

Brenda: Funny, but after moving to the desert 4 years ago, I'd almost forgotten about the humidity and how unpleasant it could be! People here will tell you that it may be excessively hot, but it's a dry heat. That's when I glare at them and say, "Yup, and so is a propane torch!" About your vitamins...did the same thing and took a break from them for a few months. Now that I'm back on them I can notice such a difference that it's not funny. Girl, get in that car after work and go to GNC or Walmart and load up!

Not too much planned for today (thankfully) other than going to Home Depot to scope out some paint samples. Trying to get revved up to tackle my family room/kitchen. It'll be time to go back to work before I get off my buns and get this finished!!!

Hope everyone has a great day....
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 08:55 AM   #5  

Brenda: I think a lot of us seem to have the same case of the blues that you do. I hope you feel better soon. Are you going to try some St. John's? That is supposed to be pretty good.
I didn't sleep that well too last night. Went to bed nice and early but woke up around 2:30....took a little something to help me calm down and went back to sleep thank goodness.
Please feel better soon.

I have decided that I have to get some control over my wine intake during the week. I just can't keep drinking as much as I am. Especially with my family history I don't think it is helping me sleep either. Funny thing is though on Sunday I had a few beers (which I haven't been drinking because of the carb issue) and I slept better than I have in weeks.
I say to myself each day.....now tonight don't have any wine ....then I get home and I am stressed and just want a glass. Then two and so on.
Anyone have any words of wisdom on this one?

Back to being good eating wise today. Thank God that little episode is over with. I am sure I will drinking water until the cows come home today!

Well, off to start some work. Keeping my fingers crossed that this site I have been having problems with is working ok by the end of today!
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 08:57 AM   #6  

Morning Leenie and Spedmom.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:11 AM   #7  
Total Sass Bucket

Morning Chickies

I'm glad that most of you seemed to have a good weekend, it sounds like a few of you managed to have more than just a little bit of fun! My weekend plans were changed drastically Friday night. My BF's dad went into the hospital. Apparently he had a heart flutter, when they brought him in, his pulse was 180. They kept him until last night and they're still not exactly sure what went wrong.... so we're all kind of keeping our fingers crossed that it was just one of those weird incidences and won't happen again.
I'm tellin you ladies, I have GOT to get myself under control. I swear I have turned into the Carboholic. Anything and everything with carbs is in my mouth and swallowed before I even know it was in my hand. Grrr. I'm tellin ya, something must be bothering me that I can't get control of my eating. This is the way it always is.... I notice my eating is out of control and then I realize what's going on in my life that's making me eat that way. Grrrr.
Still haven't found a summer job and my friend brenda is really starting to piss me off. She and her husband inherited a rather large sum of money about a year ago and it's totally changed her. She's constantly worried about my BF and I because "they have no money". Well yeah, we ain't got a million, but we're paying our bills and making it. So, now that it's summer, she's coming up with all these job ideas. The thing is... I WANT a job... but I don't NEED one and she's totally pushing me to get all these jobs I don't want. I've worked fast food before.... don't wanna do it again. I've worked in a factory before.... don't want to do it again. Yet, she's always telling me what freaking fast food joint is hiring or what factory has openings. Ugh, I just wish her inheritance hadn't changed her so much.... sometimes I just want to tell her where she can stick all that money. Her husband hasn't changed a bit. Ugh, I'm gonna stop ranting now. Sorry!

Have a great day all!
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 10:27 AM   #8  
The Princess O' Pets

Good Morning ladies,
Just dropping by quick to say HI!! I am late for work. I have been lazy lately and not logging my food log and still not been on a successful trip to the gym (dang cough is killing me!) so I feel yucky even though really I haven't been doing yucky. I am doing my own a** kickin today to get back to what I am supposed to be doing! ahahhahaha

LOve TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 10:36 AM   #9  

Rhonda: Sorry about your friend. I suppose she is just trying to help but still she should keep to her own business. If you are eating so much and you really think it has to do with something going on in your life then what is it? Besides what just happened with your BF's father, you just moved in together and that is an adjustment (trust me I know!), your school year ended and now you want to find something for the summer and nothing seems to be panning out for you. You were taking care of your sister while she was layed up. Gee I don't know what it could be!!!!!

I'm with you though...... I have been trying to figure out just exactly what it is that is stressing me out so much lately so that I can DO something about it.
I think if we just sit down and write the stuff down maybe we can come up with the answers we need.

TG: You just reminded me to go and log my food for the day. Thanks.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:38 AM   #10  

Good morning!

TG - Get to feeling better and I know the feeling about not exercising.

Rhonda - Keep you spirts up. You'll find something you're interested in doing for the summer. Ignor your "friend." She doesn't have your best interest at heart and she shouldn't be treating you that way. I hope your BF father is doing well. Love your new avatar.

Jane - Yes, he booze can hold you back. I go out a coule times a week and have switched from beer to rum & diet caffinee free coke to cut back carbs. Stick with the hard stuff and it's lower in carbs.

Brenda - Dry Heat??? Yeah right! It's still hot! Southern California is the same way right now.

Spedmom - Oh I love Home Depot. Have fun!

Lennie - I wish I had walked 40 minutes! I really need to exercise.

Yesterday went well, but still no new Fur Kid. Not going to bring home a pet that doesn't fit into the family with my other dogs and cat. Back to work after 4 days off, but have to work the next 10 in a row. Looks like it was quiet while I was gone. The alarms went off last night and had to come down here at 3:30 AM. They left the side door unlocked! Idiots! Fortunately, everything and everyone was fine.

Got back on the scale this morning, gained 2 lbs, so I'll be doing lots and lots of water to get it off. Hopefully, we will get the treadmill I've been wanting. Time to act like I give a damn and get to work, Have a god day!
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 11:12 AM   #11  
Head Princess

Well, I may be exhausted, but I'm still annnoyingly perky!

Brenda - Honey, I don't know what's going on, but perhaps it's time for a little change of focus? Take Leenie's advice and do smaller pieces at a time. Try to focus more on all the good things and let the bad crap go. Keeping negative energy around you is a self-defeating thing.

Leenie - Wa-hoo! Weight training! You go girl!

Spedmom - Ohhhhhhhhhhh I love painting! And Home Depot has those great faux finish classes. Can I come help?

Jane - This is going to sound totally hypocritical of me, but be careful with that stuff! Especially with your family history. I'm a control freak so I'm terrified of addiction. Because of that, I have a tendency to take a month or so off of my bad habit (smoking, drinking......) just to prove that I can do it. Take a break. Rid the house of all alcohol if you have to. But just take a few weeks off. We want to keep you healthy!

Rhonda - I'm sorry about your friend. That really sucks! Since when are your finances a concern of hers? Silly silly silly!

TG - Where's our sun? I'm getting waterlogged!

Morti - Good luck as your hunt for a fur kid continues!

I'm working my *** off this week. It appears that I'll be doing 12 hours a day for this week as well as at least most of next week.

I'd be fine but after I left work at 7 last night, I went to the grocery store. (Sidetrack moment: Can I tell you how amazingly organized I was? I made a list of what I was cooking this week, turned it into a grocery list, then put the items on the list in the order that they are in when I walk through the store )

Anyway, while at the grocery store, my phone rings. And the number on the caller ID is the bar. So I answer and it's my friend Tim. He tells me I need to get down there and talk to his wife. I'm thinking "If I'm getting mixed up in one more thing............" but then I realized that it's almost 8 at night and she works graveyard. So I asked what she was doing at the bar and it turns out that she got fired yesterday. She calls in sick to work all the time so she can go out and play and so she got fired for her attendance.

Well, I'm wiped out. I'm hungry. I really don't want to go to the bar. But I'm a good friend so I grabbed a spoonful of peanut butter and went out anyway. Fast forward to 1:00 in the morning. I'm sober because I knew I needed to be if I was going to survive this week. DH is totally drunk and yelling at me about nothing because that's just what the drunks do sometimes. I start laughing which got him laughing which led to him admitting he's a damned fool. I went to bed. He tried to get to bed, but ended up making it as far as the bedroom floor.

Boys are dumb.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 11:26 AM   #12  

Good Morning Everyone!

Star and Spedmom - The painting! I just painted my DS's room 4 different shades of blue. It came out really cute. Each wall is a different shade, getting a little darker each wall. Very cute, but... The seams! I used painters tape around the ceiling and to block off each wall, thinking that would make the paint line straight, but it didn't. Do you guys know how to get that line straight. I'm VERY anal when it comes to that kind of stuff, and even though it looks cute and I seem to be the only who notices (house full of boys), it still bugs me. Any helpful hints would be GREAT. I may just need to take a Home Depot class.

Hope everyone has a happy Tuesday!
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 11:28 AM   #13  

Star: I too am a wicked control freak and that is why this really bugs me. The last thing I ever wanted to do was to go down the same path as my family! Wouldn't it just be a ***** if the one who made the most noise is the one who ended up with the problem!
I need to make some kind of plan as to how I am going to get control of this. I don't need to cut it out entirely but I do need to curtail, that I am sure of.

Bad enough I am still sneaking cigs!!!!!!! I am out of control. Get thee to a therapist!
Old 06-08-2004, 11:31 AM   #14  

LOVE2C135: OH I LOVE TO PAINT! Don't tape off the ceiling....won't do you any good. You need an angle brush to cut in around the ceiling and woodwork. As for the seems in between the walls I would have used blue painters tape. That helps. I do still sometimes have to touch up here or there. Bet it looks awesome!

I actually asked you guys about color suggestions for my master bedroom and you asked for pictures.....I have them with me today. I will try to post them and let you know when they are there. I need suggestions too.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:53 AM   #15  

OK, can't get the files to load...says they are too big. I have tried this before and can't seem to ever get it right. Anyone have any hints?