Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 11:30 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Thumbs up Alternachicks at the movies

I just came back from seeing Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkabahn - It was great! A little darker than the first two but very enjoyable.
Old 06-06-2004, 04:30 PM   #2  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I saw Young Adam today. It was very good, but very dark. Also pretty depressing. Ewan McGregor was wonderful as always, even if he is not a good guy in this.
Old 06-06-2004, 06:53 PM   #3  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

I saw a movie , lol very unusual for me. Kill BIll. and am now eagerly awaiting kill bill2. i just have to wait for them to come out on dvd, because i am one of those people that likes to watch movies at home. the pause button. and too cheap to drive 45 minutes away to watch a movie.
Old 06-06-2004, 10:35 PM   #4  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

I saw Super Size Me today - it was GREAT!! Highly highly recommended. In a strange way, inspiring to me because I saw a parallel between Morgan Spurlock's self-imposed harm to his body to MY self-imposed harm by regaining the 50 pounds I had lost 1999-2001.

It's full of scary facts, sly humor, and laugh-out-loud humor too. It's a real eye-opener on how so SO many people eat fast food on a daily basis. 40% of America's meals are eaten at restaurants or are take-out. Wow. If current weight gain continues in the USA, 1 in 3 (yes 33%) of children born in the year 2000 will come down with diabetes during their lifetime. HOLY #$*&%!

Really, I think anyone struggling with their weight or who eats fast food frequently should see this movie...
Old 06-07-2004, 08:30 AM   #5  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

Berkshire : i had heard that it was a good movie, and real inspiring. gonna have to check it out. glad to see you around here again.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Okay I saw both Kill Bill last weekend and the new Potter flick. Liked Kill Bill and am going to check out 2.

I was disappointed in Potter/Azkaban. I loved the book, but they cut too much out of it to get the ending in there. I am curious to see how the get all of the Goblet of Fire (pretty long book) into a movie, especially if they shorten it like they did Azkaban. Azkaban was 15 min. shorter that Sorceror's Stone and 25 minutes shorter than Chamber of Secrets.

Oh yeah, my boyfriend got almost NO screen time in this one.
Tiki.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:16 PM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Tiki, your boyfriend is...?

Saw Harry Potter on Saturday. Really enjoyed it, but definitely missed the parts that were cut out. Read Book 3 over four years ago, so not too sure of what was cut out, but I could feel that parts were missing. Must admit that though they were pretty, some of the scenes (like Harry flying) could have been shortened to include more "meat" of the story. They did a clever job of it, though, and I was thrilled to see that the actor doing Sirius did a fantastic job, as did the one playing Lupin. Very well done!

Berkshire, where did you see Super Size Me? Is it out on video yet? I would love to see it!
Old 06-07-2004, 05:56 PM   #8  

Tiki's boyfriend is Hagrid
Old 06-07-2004, 06:43 PM   #9  
Pending Email Confirmation

I can't wait to see Harry Potter. And I really can't wait to see Saved! and The Day After Tomorrow.
Last night I finally gave in and watched Kill bill vol 1 with my husband. Didn't want to watch it, can't stand Uma, but I was surprised and I really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the next one to come out on DVD.
Tried to watch an older movied called "Veronica Guerrin" but I just couldn't get into it, didn't even watch it all. I found it to be dry and boring and the Irish accent's were terribly.
Old 06-07-2004, 06:44 PM   #10  
Pending Email Confirmation

By the way, I heard a rumor there will not be any more Harry Potter movies because the kids are getting too old and it's hard to make them look young enough to play the parts for much longer. I hope it's just a rumor...
btw, when is the next book coming out?? Anyone know? I'm ready for it.
Old 06-07-2004, 07:03 PM   #11  

They are making a 4th Harry Potter movie
Old 06-08-2004, 06:07 AM   #12  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Beachgal,

I went to a theatre to see it; The Triplex in Great Barrington, MA... which is a very cool little art-house cinema place most of the time, but during the summer they usually toss in a few blockbusters to suck in the tourists (like Harry Potter, Shrek 2, both of which are on my list of to-sees!) I think "Super Size Me" is unfortunately not a movie that is going to be played at a lot of mall Super 12s or whatever - which is too bad because I think this is where it really NEEDS to go

Great movie though. I bet it will be out on video in a couple months... late August maybe?
Old 06-08-2004, 01:18 PM   #13  

Cute Mauv!

My boyfriend is Snape. I just love Alan Rickman. The Goblet of Fire is due out Nov. 2005. I also can't wait for book 6.

Tiki.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:32 PM   #14  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Oooh! Alan Rickman is a heck of an actor! He just nails Snape perfectly!!! My DH says that he has been in several other movies and is the "bad guy" in all of them. The only one he could remember was Die Hard. It's been so long since I've seen it that I don't remember him in it. Is that correct?

Thanks for the info, Berkshire! I wish we had cute movie houses around here! I know they have several in Ithaca, but it's a heck of a drive just to see a movie. *sigh* So I'll have to wait until it is out on video. But you have a great point...it should be in the mall!
Old 06-09-2004, 09:13 AM   #15  

yeah, Rickman was the bad guy in Die Hard and the bad guy in Robin Hood. That's the movie that i fell in love with in.

Tiki.
Closed Thread