Old 06-05-2004, 08:32 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Talking Chit Chat #51

WELCOME to the Jaded Ladies!

This is a very warm and friendly group of ladies who talk about everything. Who also provide daily support in our everyday lives, as well as our walk towards a healthier lifestyle.

We would love for you to join us!

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 11:38 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Sue - hope you're feeling better.

Angie - I sure hope Carnie isn't really gaining the weight back... she has had a hard way to go. I like the fact that she stayed with the same guy who loved her when she was 300 pounds.

RosieKate - thanks for the post card! I just got it today, and it made me smile. The lake looks beautiful and so serene. YAY for the 1 pound down!! Maybe you should rethink your birthday goal.... how about making 195 the new goal? It's a thought...

Marti - check for the Chicken Cacciatore recipe in the recipe section, okay? It's a cinch to make.

Cristi - Did you find anything at Penny's? I noticed yesterday that Kohl's had a good sale going on comforters... do you have a Kohl's?

This is the first time I've had all day to get on the computer. The house is so clean, and the dinner with my friends was so fun! Neither of them had ever had Chicken Cacciatore, and really liked it. And I made the lemonade cake (3 WW pts.) for dessert. The table was decorated in new placemats of beige, soft green and yellow. I picked a fresh bouquet of yellow day lillies and daisies for the centerpiece, and it all looked pretty. I had big white round plates for the entree and smaller, square plates on top of them for our salads. I ate a little too much, but have flex points for that, thank goodness.

Which, by the way, I'm down 1 3/4 more today. YAY!

Tomorrow is my family reunion, but I'll check in when I can. Have a good Sunday, ladies.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 12:03 AM   #3  

Evening ladies--

Shrek2 was funny. I loved the character Puss in Boots!! And the part with Pinocchio trying to rescue them.....Hilarious!!! They did a great job for the second movie.
When we got to the theater.....there was a huge line for Harry Potter!! Already people were lined up for a showing and they had 4 rooms for it! When we went to buy our tickets...this woman was really pushy trying to beat us to the ticket booth....only to get tickets for the 7pm. showing! (irritating) You would think that the movie would still be around awhile and wait until the crowds die down.......(like Jhanai and me! )
Anyway...we had fun, shared a large popcorn.....don't like movie popcorn like I used to! (I'll try to remember that)

Jana--Congrats on the 1 3/4 pound!! You are just doing a fabulous job. Maybe if I move in with you for a few months and hang out with you some of your motivation will rub off on me?! (I think it was Katiecat who sent the postcards from Tahoe.....)

RosieKate--A pound is a pound remember? After a month or more it will all add up! And I agree with Jana...maybe change that birthday goal? I figure I would make a monthly goal each month (in my signature) and if I don't reach it, move it onto the next month. But hopefully I will come close to it. I really need to move my butt more!!

Cristi--I had a phone call like that before....the caller was just breathing heavy on the other side and I just started giggling and they didn't say anything and I just kept giggling...then I started breathing heavy too and then hung up laughing. (never did have them call back)

Angie--I didn't read about Carnie gaining back weight.....I hope she didn't. She lost so much and went through so much with surgery, plus the surgery for getting rid of loose skin! That would be hard. Is star a tabloid? If so,,,,,don't believe everything in it!

Hello to all you other girls!!

Jana, what do you serve your Chicken Cacciatore over? I've had it over rice, wonder how it is over pasta....I love pasta, but so full of starch! I am going to have to try that cake! I absolutely LOVE lemon anything!! Had some lemon cookies not too long ago and they were sooooo good. TOO good!

Well I better get going. Jhanai is singing Beatles songs, maybe she needs me to be her singing partner! (she might stop if I join in!)

Night

Marti

Jhanai says "Hi Ladys"
Old 06-06-2004, 12:26 AM   #4  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Thanks gals for the good wishes. I have had a few good days and have been able to take my walks. Now if it doesn't act up tomorrow when my grandson is graduating! I will be glad to get the ultrasound over with and find out.
I just saw Carnie on a morning show last Tues. and no way had she gained as much weight as they said. Maybe 15 pounds since she was so thin, but not more. Her sister is 6 months preggers.
Good Sunday to all..and I will get back in the swing of writing and challenging soon.

suetalks
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 12:34 PM   #5  
kitty Momo

Goood Morning........

To all our losers CONGRATS~~

I am just poping in to say I am doing ok...

Down 1 pound and a half, ='s 140.5........ok with that, though plan on thinking of going to a maintaining mode.

Busy and in need of my morning coffee. Try and catch up tomorrow without the Gabster close by......

Think Pink??? Hope you had word on th house,Ang??? Becky loves pink.......

BEAUTIFUL grandchildren , Jana- loved the pic....

Thanks for the mail Katie & ang- that was a nice surprise!!

ttfn
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 05:16 PM   #6  

Hello ladies--

Just poppin in real quick to say hello.

The weather is rainy this weekend!! No good. James should be coming home tonight, then his next three weeks are in Eugene!!! That means he'll be home everyday!!

Better go entertain Jhanai.

Marti
Old 06-06-2004, 05:35 PM   #7  
RosieKate

Hello All!

Just got back from my walk and couldn't miss the raindrops, unfortunately. At least it isn't cold. I shooed the guys out of the house and sent them off to the library, and Leigh is sleeping, so here I am.

Jana - you are thisclose to being half way to your goal. Hooray! That is a big milestone. When I was in TOPS, people would get a charm for making 1/2 way to goal. TOPS is big into handing out charms for accomplishments - kind of like Girls Scouts Be very proud of yourself. As you've probably guessed by now, I'm not the Katy who went to Tahoe. Hey that's alright. If I went anywhere, I'd send you a postcard, but we are in the living-on-one-income, two-young-kids, can't-afford-to-do-nothin' stage of our marriage.

Marti- raining here, too. Ugh. Not much to do but hang out and watch videos. It's great that James will be home for the next few weeks.

Susan - congrats on the loss. Your weight loss is such an inspiration. Hope your job is going well - when do you hear about the promotion?

Thanks all for the encouraging words about my birthday goal. I'm doing a good job of staying OP today, and I've stuck to my new 21day challenge so far, so I am going to focus on what is going well. After all, life is really very good right now. I have a birthday and an anniversary coming up and the school year's almost over, so we'll have lots of family time. I'm going to mess around with changing my sig, i think.

RosieKate
Old 06-06-2004, 06:46 PM   #8  
GmaTo8

Hello oh Jaded Ones,

Katiecat - So Sorry I got the wrong name in thanking you for the postcard!!! I KNEW it was you, I just had a brain fart, lol.

Marti - If you move in with me, you will for sure lose weight, cause there's hardly anything in the house to eat, besides healthy stuff, lol. Katie gripes about it all the time, lol. Btw, I serve the chicken over noodles, but you could use whatever you want. I balance out starch with proteins and haven't had any problem so far. That's one thing I really, really love about WW - no food group is limited as long as you stay within your point range.

Sue - hi!

Susan - glad you are okay. You are a true inspiration and success, having reached your goal weight. I am so very proud of you!

RosieKate - it's nice to have quiet time in the house all by yourself, isn't it? I remember the days when my kids were younger, and I would send them off with Neal. A momma needs some "me" time once in awhile. I have to admit I am very happy about getting so close to the 50 pound mark. I'll be glad when I cross over that line.

Today was our family reunion, and I was so good! I had baked turkey breast, seasoned rice, a lot of green beans, a slice of bread and about 1 tablespoon of my sister's slaw she said I HAD to taste. I started out with a piece of WW cake on my plate, too, , but Madi ate it before I could get to it, and I didn't miss it at all. There was every comfort food available -fried chicken, cheesy potatoes, sausage casserole, pies, cakes, cookies, etc... but I like to watch the scale move down more than I wanted the food. Plus, I knew I could come here and you guys would be proud of me, lol. Silly, but true - you guys are my cheerleaders!

BBL,
Old 06-06-2004, 06:47 PM   #9  

Good evening! I am so glad tomorrow is Monday. See, that's the thing about being on-call for the week. I look forward to Mondays when I can pass the pager on to the next person! It's not terrible, but it never fails, as soon as I get involved in something, it goes off.

It's supposed to be getting pretty warm this week, so I've decided, instead of going to the tanning booth before work, I'll be taking walks. It's almost unbearable in the 90 degree heat and humidity of the midwest at 5pm. And way too warm for my collie then. She'll be able to handle the mornings and I can handle 10 min of intense heat in the booth after work.

I was pretty discouraged this morning, got on the scale, still up 2 lbs that I lost and then regained this week. Can't figure it out. Have been pretty good, especially since my birthday. I wanted to get rid of that water weight I gained from the soup. Ticks me off. But so far today, very good, and it's almost time for supper. I'm going to warm up leftover grilled honey teriyaki chicken breast, a salad, and some fresh fruit. That oughta tip the scale tomorrow. I spent some time in my closet this afternoon to inspire me. I need to get into those clothes, before summer's over. It's amazing the differnce 10 lbs can make.

I'm afraid to report that I did not get my spare room cleaned out this week like I had wanted. But I think I have better plans. My bedroom is on the west side of a 2 story house, and gets very warm late in the day. I am going to clean the room the cats are currently using, and switch rooms around. Then I'll be on the east side, and get the morning sun, and they'll be on the west. But with the door open then, it won't matter as much. They are predicting rain for the end of the week, so I am going to save my "indoor" work for rainy days, and work out in the yard when I can. I'd like to run the weed trimmer, trim some bushes and trees back, and start mulching in some areas. I am also having some estimates done on gutter work. Looks like I've got another busy week. Should keep me out of the kitchen! Oh yeah, I need to wash my car too. Maybe I should start a list!

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 08:13 PM   #10  

Hi again ladies--

James is home...(well at the moment he is at the grocery store) but he brought home our sleigh bed frame!! OMG...it's BEAUTIFUL! and it fills up the whole room!! Time to do some rearranging!!

Jana--Just wanted to post again that I (like the others) are SO proud of you and what you are doing. You've had so much go on in your life and you're still able to stay OP and lose the weight you're wanting to lose!! I just may send you a reward for making it to the half way mark!! Such an inspiration!!

To the rest of you, I'm not ignoring you, I have to get off here and make dinner....just HAD to let Jana know that we are so proud!! OH!! And Susan...can't forget you....140!!! Fantastic!!

I can't wait until I'm reaching my goal or at least a half way point!!

I will do individuals tomorrow.

You all take care

Marti
Old 06-07-2004, 10:07 AM   #11  
a work in progress

Default Just a quick hello...

Drinking my coffee, getting ready for work. 2 hours of mandatory overtime every Monday, ugh. Better drink more coffee!

I was soooooooo sick last week, finally went to the doc for a strep throat culture Friday. Wasn't strep, she said it was just a bad virus. Still not 100% today, but lots better than I was. Poor Tim, though, I made him sick, and he called in to work Friday, slept most of the weekend, and called in again this morning.

Mike is going to work with me, then he will ride the light rail train to the college to see about registering, meet me at lunch so we can run to the bank and hopefully open a checking account, then he will head back down to his dad's house to have his dad check out a car tonight he is considering buying, and he has graduation practice Tues morning, graduation Wed night. Whew! He will be moving in with us probably sometime in July. Yesterday we went around and he picked up some job apps.

Jana - yes, dear it was ME who went to Tahoe! Glad you liked the postcard. It's funny how many Kats and Katies (including your Katie) and RosieKates we have here -- and then there's Susan and suetalks and and Sue...congrats for being almost halfway to goal and staying OP so well!

Marti - oh, I bet your new bed is just beautiful And I loved Shrek too! Waiting for the crowds to die down to go see Harry Potter.

Angie - thanks for the "just because" card, it brightened my day. THINKING PINK for you!!!

Cristi - if you're out at Walmart, could you pick up a few things for me?

Arghh...just glanced at the clock...time marches on, and so must I. It's gonna be a long day, *sigh*. Hopefully in the time I've been off sick, I haven't forgotten how to do my job! Hi to everybody else, and hope you all have a great day...

Gotta fly,
Katie
Katiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 11:02 AM   #12  
RosieKate

Good morning, all
Well, scale said 195 today, so that makes down 2 for the week. My weight's been bouncing around a bit, probably due to TOM, so now I'm back to where I was b4 this months hormonal rampage. I'm feeling more upbeat than I was on Saturday - thanks all for being here and being so positive.

I changed my sig, and like it much better. Reminds me of my successes - and I added a new scale today! My mini-goal is to add another scale by the 4th.

Today is laundry, some housecleaning, mo' laundry, lol. That stuff just piles up over the weekend! Supposed to be a lovely rainy Oregon day, so I may be working out indoors today. Maybe I'll get out for a walk with Leigh this afternoon.
Have a great day everyone!
RosieKate
Old 06-07-2004, 11:14 AM   #13  

Morning friends!!

I got to sleep in today due to my final not being until 10:00 this morning. But of coarse the next two days the final starts at 8:00 in the morning!!

Getting ready to have some coffee and then wake James up (he's taking me to school today) and then get this Math final over with!!

Wish me luck on the test!

Better get ready......I will do individuals later on today.

Marti
Old 06-07-2004, 02:58 PM   #14  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Jen - you've been real busy! Moving your bedroom sounds like a good idea. I like to move things around once in awhile, though I don't do it as often as I used to. Neal used to tell people that he was afraid to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night for fear I'd move the bed while he was in there, lol.

Marti - see what I mean? You guys are just so encouraging with your kind words. I bet your new bed is just gorgeous! Post a picture when you get it all done up, okay? Good luck with your math final.

Katiecat - hope you and Mike had fun at lunch today. Glad you are feeling better and hope Tim feels better soon, too.

RosieKate - YAY for getting the 2 pounds back off! Here at the JL, we call a bunch of laundry Mount Washmore, lol. I think it was Angie who started that, but I'm not sure.

Got some mending done today, and while I had the sewing machine out, I decorated a t-shirt for myself. I've been looking for a cotton shirt to wear with black capris, and can't find one I like. So I took a white t-shirt, and sewed on some fabric in triangle shapes and then sewed on some buttons.... anyway, I think it looks okay. Maybe I'll post a pic for your opinions.

See you later,
Old 06-07-2004, 07:35 PM   #15  

Hello again---

I just got up from a nap!! James wanted to lay down for awhile so we sprawled out on the couch....I wasn't too tired but then.......I was out!!

Jana--Glad that your family reunion was a hit! Do you usually have it at your place? How many people get together? We used to have reunions at my grandparents....then it was just our family getting together for the holidays. I love our family get togethers. We always have so much to catch up on. About my bed....If I ever get the room straightened out I will post a photo of it! I love it!

RosieKate--Don't you LOVE feeling upbeat? It really helps the motivation stick around when you need it! I honestly think that the weather has a lot to do with my upbeat feelings at times. Not the too hot weather, but more in the fall. And I notice around that time is the best time that I can lose weight and keep it coming off! (so what happened last fall? )

Katie--Sorry to hear that your hubby got sick....shouldn't be doing any smooching when your sick! (I can never stop giving or getting kisses when I'm sick!) James was talking to me about the light rail they have in Portland, I've never been on one and I think it would be fun to get on one and explore more of Portland. We don't have one anywhere near here. (our towns are just not big enough I guess)

Jen--Don't you worry about those 2lbs. I had been stuck at 150 for so long and now it seems that I keep gaining and losing 2lbs. rather than losing and keep losing. It will go away soon and more will follow!! And I totally agree with you how 10lbs. make a difference! Hard for me to believe that 10lbs. ago I was fitting more comfortably in my pants...which I don't wear btw!! And 10lbs. doesn't sound like a lot but darn it....it sure is hard to lose it!!

Susan--140lbs. is just wonderful! I wish I could be saying that it's time for me to start a maintaining mode. But first I've got to work on the 5lbs. I want to lose just for June. I'm going to try to lose 5lbs. each month. That can be doable if I were to work on it! School is almost out and I should be able to workout more knowing I don't have to stress about homework. The job thing doesn't stress me as much...if I get one, I get one.......may take time but at least I will be trying.

Hello to the rest of you gals!!

Well I'm going to straighten up the house a bit. Our back porch really needs a hand at getting straightening up! The left over cardboard from the bed has taken over a section of it!! So need to cut that down and recycle it. And all that styrofoam!! Why can't they recycle that stuff? They really need to figure out how to do that....we have so much of it laying around from when we moved and from buying things.....just collects and adds up.

Take Care ladies.....

Marti