Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 11:29 AM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Wink Thursday Chatter-Summer Here We Are

Hello Fellow Losers!
Anyone new to this thread? We would love for you to come join in the conversations. We used to all weigh-in on Thursdays. Now we do it at various times a month. You will find lots of encouragement from this group. Just jump right into the conversation!

Susan, are you home? I know there have been storms up your way. I know you had a blast with your family. I'm sure that Pat was glad you and baby got home safely, though.

Tammy, what all will you do in Michigan? You always have fun trips to tell us about.

Mimi, how is the furniture arranging coming? How is Edward? Has he recovered from his surgery. Poor baby!

Sis, I've been thinking about you and wondering how your surgery went. When you feel up to it, I hope you'll drop us a line.
BJ, are you still reading the thread?
Maureen, what is new with you???????

Today, I will exercise some and eat little. I fixed a stir fry last night and used regular soy sauce. Can we say "water retention" today. It was worth it, though. I used a bag of frozen stir-fry veggie mix and a sliced up boneless, skinless chicken breast. I added a little water and soy sauce and served it over rice. WOW, it was good!

Have a great weekend.
Tina
Old 06-05-2004, 01:32 PM   #2  

I think our trip is going to be one of just relaxing for me. There are lots of historical places where we go, but it involves lots of walking, which is something I won't be doing much of. I plan to take lots of books for the trip. lol

OOOHHHH, the stir fry sounds yummy! Water retention or not! I just ate some choc. ice cream. Not even the sugar free kind. It was delicious. I had lost another 1.5 on the scales this morning, so I guess I treated myself. lol
Old 06-06-2004, 10:01 AM   #3  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Hi guys. I was suppose to have surgery on Friday but they called and cancelled it due to another emergency. They are suppose to call and reschedule. Hopefully it won't be too long and I can get this over with so I don't have to worry about it. Thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers everyone. I know they help.
Tammy, enjoy your trip. It sounds nice
Tina, that stir fry sounds wonderful. I love oriental food.
Hope everyone has a wonderfull day....Sis
Old 06-07-2004, 10:49 AM   #4  

How frustrating about the surgery!! Let us know when it will be.

Sis, I can't wait to leave for this trip! I'm out of school, so that's nice, but it will be nice to actually get away from here for a few days. While we're on this trip, we will be checking out a college for Tim on the way home. Right now, it is #1 on his list.

It's sunny today and supposed to be in the 80's. I like no rain right now. lol
Old 06-07-2004, 09:11 PM   #5  
Susan

Talking

Hi Ya'll,

I got home late Friday. I should have been home at 4:30 but the plane I was suppose to come back on had mechanical problems. It flew around San Antonio for over an hour. It's landing gear would not come down. Thank goodness they got another plane for us to get out on. I had a great time down there. Got my niece graduated. Mom and Dad bought us a stroller. My dad wanted me to have it so bad. He is so cute. I drove it out to Pat's folks since they were coming up on Friday for his nephew's wedding. They stayed with us until Sunday. It was nice seeing them.

It's weird being pregnant. My family and his don't want me doing anything. If I moved or got ready to get up someone would say "Can I get something for you or do that for you?" I'm a little independent (incase you hadn't noticed)

Sis, sorry they cancelled your surgery. When will you have it done now?

Tammy, are you finally feeling better? Have fun on that trip!!! You deserve it.

Tina, we've had a bunch of rain and storms. Luckily the major storms are not real close.

Pat has decided on a name for the baby but he reufses to budge. He likes Seamus (pronounced Shay mus) Aidan. It's a good ole' Irish name. I have suggested a bunch of other names but he never likes any of them. I told my mom I was not going to fight him anymore. So, I'll just call him Shay. The name I picked was Landon Patrick. Hopefully, he will change his mind soon.

I missed you guys while I was gone.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:12 PM   #6  
Susan

Someone has a birthday Wednesday!!! Wonder who it could be????????

Happy Birthday, TINA!!!!!!

Last edited by auntie; 06-07-2004 at 09:18 PM.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:33 PM   #7  
Thursday Lady

Hi y'all!
Susan, I'm glad you got home in one piece. Did you mean the plane you were on had landing gear trouble??? I was wondering how it landed.
Thank you for the birthday greeting.
I'm looking forward to "my day." My sister is taking me out to lunch tomorrow and Larry and David will take me out on Wednesday night.
Susan, you might tell Pat that your son will be teased unmercifully all of his school days if he has a name like Seamus. I'm sure that Pat wouldn't want that to happen. (I like the name, Patrick.)

Sis, I'm so sorry about your surgery cancellation.

Tammy, rest up. It won't be too long until your trip.

Mimi, is it still cool where you live? are you wearing sleeveless tops yet?

Tina
Old 06-07-2004, 09:40 PM   #8  
Susan

Tina,

The plane that had the problem was the plane arriving that would have taken off with us. It was on the arrival leg to San Antonio, but once it made it to SA they kept it on the ground.

I've told Pat that the baby would be teased. I'm hoping that he will get over it and change his mind. I decided this weekend it was not worth discussing it anymore. He got to feel the baby move tonight. It's the first time he has felt him. He just smiled! It was pretty cool.

Enjoy your week!!! Wish I was close enough to take you out too.

Susan
Old 06-08-2004, 09:28 AM   #9  

Susan, with the spelling of the name, Seamus, the child would be teased. Believe me! You know how cruel kids can be. I can hear them know making comments about semen. See where my mind is? I've been around enough kids over the past 27 years of teaching to know how they can be. Honestly, I do like both names. You can even tell Pat that, but I do think he would be teased.

My family was the same when I was pregnant. Enjoy it while it lasts! lol

Tina, Happy Birthday tomorrow!! Are we invited to go out to eat? Have you mailed my piece of cake to me yet?
Old 06-08-2004, 09:36 AM   #10  
Susan

Tammy,

I've tried telling Pat that he would be teased but he thinks I'm just saying that. I'll have to tell him about semen, that's one I hadn't thought about. He keeps asking me why I think he would be teased, my reply is "I've taught school for 17 years!" I'm glad that I'm not the only one that thinks it.

I'll be waiting for my birthday cake too!!!!
Old 06-08-2004, 10:08 AM   #11  
Thursday Lady

good morning!
You people will just have to wait on that cake. I won't even see it until tomorrow night. I'll see if UPS will get to y'all faster than USPS. I doubt they will. I ordered Larry's anniversary and birthday presents online. They were sent UPS. Because of supposed "weather delays" that I never could find, the box got here yesterday instead of last Friday.
It really didn't matter since our anniv. isn't until Saturday and his birthday is next week......it's just the principle of the thing. anyone agree!!!!

Susan, do tell Pat about the semen thing. That should hit a man where he can understand. And, you have a few months before the birth.
Old 06-09-2004, 03:57 PM   #12  

Happy Birthday Tina!

A UPS truck went by earlier. I wondered if my cake was on it. lol
Hope today is great for you!!!
Old 06-09-2004, 05:32 PM   #13  
Susan

Tina,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday Dear Tina,
Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you are having a great day!!!
Old 06-09-2004, 05:53 PM   #14  
Thursday Lady

Thank you!

I am having a nice day. I got a manicure (very much needed) and then got take-out Thai food. I've been to the fabric store and oogled all the materials.

I'll give y'all a play by play description of what I eat tonight.
Tina
Old 06-10-2004, 09:28 AM   #15  

I've never had a manicure. My nails are never long enough to worry about it. lol
I hope you had a wonderful day Tina!!

Today will be a day of working around the house. I've done 2 loads of laundry so far and I'm going to mop the kitchen and bath. I probably should do some dusting and sweeping also. I'm going away with my shopping buddies tomorrow, so I want to get as much done today as I can.
Closed Thread