South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 06:24 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default Week End Chit Chat

Morning chickies, it is a beautiful sunny day here. As you can see I am up early again. My own fault I guess, I slept last night from 7 til 10, got up for 3 hours went back to sleep from 5:30 til 6:30 and then woke up coughing again. I feel slightly better but still quite tired. My throat is not quite as sore but the cough is driving me crazy. ( Ellis I am going to the WalMart to look for the Buckleys ) Some how through this all I have managed to stay OP, but I did not do the treadmill yesterday. I may try later on depending on how I feel. We are off to the lake this afternoon to visit with DH father and stepmother. She and I are going to do some secondhand shopping and we are going to a new Bed and Bath store, I am also hoping to stop at a garden center as well. Hope you all have a great day. I will be back soon, may try to sleep again for an hour befoe I have to take dd to gymnastics.
Old 06-05-2004, 07:19 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good misty morning from Delta! The Girls came in sort of frosted with moisture and with wet paws, of course!

Little Chick, I've got a sore throat this morning. Did your stupid cold start that way? I will hie me to the next village to try for Buckley's too as recommended by Dr. Ellis. So silly to go all winter without a cold and then......

Holey Moley! There were 39 posts on yesterday's thread. Sorry I can't comment on each one but I DO read them all. We are a lively bunch with lots of enthusiasm and support.

We worked in the garden most of yesterday with just two breaks to return Lorraine's pots and to get some cow manure. Sarah made great strides on cleaning out the front bed. She is getting to the stage where she now recognizes weeds. Harry never did get to that stage - he's always have to ask! I got lots of work done in my herb rows behind the barn and got eggplant and cucumbers planted. We had one problem yesterday - some idiot knocked over one of the Village barrels with his car! We moved it back and replanted - the plants were OK.

A "few" things to do this morning: make dog food and hummer food, do two loads of laundry, polish silver and make kale soup. We are supposed to go to a surprise housewarming this afternoon but won't stay for dinner as I want to be at Lorraine's Greenhouse late in the afternoon for "leftovers". I've still not decided whether to keep the hedgehog I bought for a gift or give him away. He is so adorable! If I keep him, I need to shop for another gift this morning too!

I'd better get off my fluffy butt and start some of this stuff! I want to walk Hersh down for the paper when the store opens at 8.

Happy weekend!
Old 06-05-2004, 10:22 AM   #3  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning ladies!

I too woke up with a sore throat! Little Chick? Are you speading your germies all over the world wide web??????

I jammed my finger at the gym last night. I also have people meeting here before the Harry Potter movie today. So that means cleaning! Should be interesting to do [like typing] with only 9 fingers.

OK, going to eat breakfast. I got on the scale this morning and was happy enough...1.5 more pounds until I am back at my lowest. Am changing the signature now...

Happy Sat!
Old 06-05-2004, 10:25 AM   #4  

Oh and that Buckley's - tastes horrible! I remember actually crying trying to get it down. But it works. I was sick my first time on my own. My dad sent it to me. And I felt better the next day. So while I recommend the end result, I do NOT recommend the taste.

I am a firm believer now in that the worse it tastes, the better it works!
Old 06-05-2004, 10:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Everyone!
I am finally back, after about 2 weeks. I had MAJOR computer problems, which my dear SIL worked long and hard to straighten out for me. (Also got a lecture RE experimenting with things I know NOTHING about!) So here I am.
I've stayed OP and am extremely pleased with my results. I DID meet my goal for the May Challenge, and am ready for this month's. Other than that, I've been pretty busy with babysitting and gardening. My DIL's neighborhood was having a community yard sale today, so I've been loading up my car all week with things I wanted to get rid of, but it's raining cats and dogs so the sale has been cancelled. What a bummer! But I talked my Mom & Dad into having a sale next Sat. at their place (they have a garage and covered carport), so we won't have to worry about the weather. AND, I was able to unload all the stuff in my car there, so I won't have to lug it around with me all week. Yard sales are a hassle, but they are also a lot of fun. Still tho, I'd rather go to one than have one!
Only 4 more weeks til DH and I go on our annual vacation to the shore! We love it there, and it is our dream to retire there one day (thus, my username). Just thinking about vacation gives me enough incentive to stay OP!

Little Chick, I hope your cough is finally going away. I've never heard of those Buckley's tablets, but I hope we have them here in the states. The way Ellis raves about them I'd like to have them around for the next cold I get.
Old 06-05-2004, 11:13 AM   #6  

Little Chick It sounds like you need some serious rest! You are probably wearing your self down!

Cottage Where do you and DH vacation? We are going to the Outer Banks this summer for a week.

Heading to a baby shower here in a bit. It is a luncheon and I have no idea what will be served. Fortunately I am not hungry right now, so if it is not OP I will skip and eat lunch at home.

The scale finally moved this morning! Yippee!!!! :rollin:
Old 06-05-2004, 11:39 AM   #7  
RNMOM

Default Good morning chickies!

Sounds like sickness is rampant. Don't sneeze in my direction! Is this considered a computer virus?????????????

Stayed up until 0300 and the little grandsons were up at 0700. I feel like a stewed witch. (I don't know where that came from, but my mom always said that if she had been up all night) My oldest daughter arrived from Dallas TX last night about 0100 to see the family. We stayed up and talked. She brought me a bunch of clothes to take home. Stuff she's grown out of, but fit me. I'm not sure how I feel about Tommy Jeans, Ralph Lauren and Silver Tabs.....I'm 46 not 25, but it will be interesting to see what I do with them. I do need to let my hair down a little. The kids were all surprised to see me like this. The last time I saw them was 6 months ago. My son came to pick us up from the airport, we were waiting by the curb, he said he almost drove past us, until he saw his little sister. Didn't know who I was. Pretty funny.

Determined to be disciplined today. Cooking like a fiend, but not eating or tasting.

My daughter has lost a few pounds on SB and it shows. She says she feels better.

Well, the sun is shining and I'm counting down the hours until naptime for the boys.......... I know why I had my kids when I was young.........I feel ancient today.

Everyone get healthy! Eat whatever nasty stuff you gotta to get those germs gone. I recommend what RUTHXXX does, go dig in the dirt. It'll cure what ails ya.
Old 06-05-2004, 11:41 AM   #8  
RNMOM

Default Oh, P.S.

I really miss my scales
Old 06-05-2004, 11:56 AM   #9  

I used the Buckley's syrup here in the states...
Old 06-05-2004, 12:39 PM   #10  

Oh my, I sure hope everybody gets better soon. Harry Potter was wonderful, if a bit different from the others before. After, we went to an Italian restaurant, where we ate all OP, but shared among three of us a few bites of a lovely chocolate dessert. I'm glad we did -- had enough to satisfy, but no damage or guilt
Old 06-05-2004, 02:33 PM   #11  

Height: 5'-2"

Good lord. Don't get the syrup! Get the Buckley's CAPSULES!!! They have no flavour, and are much better working!
Back in a mo...
Old 06-05-2004, 02:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Boy is it ever nasty outside! Cold and pouring rain! I got some sewing projects done, and read my latest romance novel for a while ( 2nd book of the trilogy "Key of Knowledge" by Nora Roberts), and put some sauce simmering for tonight's spagetti. I'm making it with ground turkey, olives, capers, mushrooms and spinach. It's pretty good on ww spagetti. On days when the weather is like this I get a strong urge to bake bread, but know if I make it, DH and I would probably gobble it up while it's still warm from the oven, so I'll resist the urge. I really do miss baking though, and the wonderful aroma that drifts through the house.

Kiko, DH and I vacation in Cape May, NJ. We try to get there as often as possible all through the year, and hope to move there permanently some day soon.

Natter, sounds like you had a really great time. I've learned, too, that I feel satisfied with just a bite or two of dessert, with no guilt! This Thurs. is my "girls nite out" and we're going to The Cheesecake Factory, so that should prove interesting.

Hope all you Chicks out there with sniffles and coughs keep your germs to yourself and get to feeling better soon.
Old 06-05-2004, 03:14 PM   #13  

Happy Saturday Chickies,

I know it's been ages since I posted on the daily but I do read. I usually don't get here until the evening & it always seems too late to post. I'm relaxing in my comfy sweats right now... just too lazy to get dressed .

Woke up this morning not feeling too good. I guess the change of weather makes everyone sick. I feel like I can use another few more hours of sleep. Nothing is really on tap for this weekend. DH is working right now & I'm assuming it's busy because he was due home an hour ago. Saturday's are always busy at the shop. My best friend called to invite us over tonight. Gotta see if I'll be up to it though. She has three boys so it always seems louder than it really is (kinda like Grand Central Station at all times). I don't know how she does it... she doesn't even notice it .

I've stalled in Phase 2 so I'm thinking of going to Phase 1 next week. It might be a temporary stall so I'll wait the week out & go from there. I chose for my June challenge to cook more at home and I'm doing good with that. DH & I have cooked every night this week . We bought a new grill too so we'll be grilling every night.

Wow, I'm a talkative chick today. So I don't bore you anymore, let me get going. Have a great OP weekend & enjoy the beach!
Old 06-05-2004, 03:15 PM   #14  

Height: 5'-2"

Little Chick, Ruth and Jenn, get better soon!! (geez, I hope you got the capsules...)

Cottage, welcome back!! That spaghetti sauce sound YUMMY!!

RNMom, you must have made a huge difference in your appearance!! That's wonderful!

Karen, I hope the babyshower goes well food-wise!

And Natter, good job staying OP at the Italian restaurant!!

Just got back from a lovely visit with Dad. He looks really good this morning. Well, as good as a dying man CAN look! (I'm not being callous. I've already cried twice this morning, so it's time I laughed.)
I took him some magazines and some pot. He's having a nice afternoon.

Hugs to all...
Old 06-05-2004, 03:28 PM   #15  
cac

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is feeling better!

I have 3 1/2 days left on phase 1 and I am getting bored. I did not think I would. It is the lack of imagination.

I had good news on my blood presure it is done to 115/80. My Dr said if I lose 20 to 30 lbs she will take mw off the medication.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

cc
Closed Thread