UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-04-2004, 07:52 PM   #1  

Default Hello from June 04 UK Chicks

It is June time for new thread.

link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekker
Hello!

I introduced myself up in the bio thread. Just wanted to drop in and say hi. Cathy, I did the same thing with my bills once, although I had left them in a side pocket of a bag and intended to drop them in the mail box and never did until I got my bills with interest! At least the interest serves as a reminder!

And I can't wait to go see Harry Potter! Tonight or tomorrow night, for sure. Although I promised a friend I'd go see it with him next week, but I don't think I can wait that long, so I might go sneak in and watch it this weekend, and just not tell him! (Is that bad? )

Just curious, but how long does May last in the UK? (referring to the thread title)

Julie.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 08:31 PM   #2  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hellooooooooo, I have to say I didn't realise we needed a June thread either. Oops. have had a few shots, feeliong good.....
Welcome Julie, Cathy, LOL @ the forgetting bills, I've done that before too, the first payment on my car, they were none too pleased!
Stopping typing now, feel I have quite a buzzz
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 08:49 AM   #3  

Ah I see we have moved home to our June abode!! Thank you veggie! Like Chris, I too had not really noticed the " May" bit in the thread title!!!
Welcome to Lekker.. I shall sneak off and have a look at your profile...
Not much news this end really. I and my neighbour went to The Suffolk Show during the week. The weather could have been rather better than it was, but it could also have been worse!! I loved the Lusitana horses...so delicate in their extended trot and so beautiful at the end when they bow! Loads and loads of sheep and cattle as well as chickens and a few ducks but no pigs!! Lots of horses too. And lots of interesting goodies in the food hall!! We were very good though..didn't try everything!!
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 12:29 PM   #4  
Theres no stopping me now

Hi everyone.

Harry Potter was Ok last night, not as good as the others (I think) although the friends we went with all thought it was really great, so maybe it's just me who's odd.

Eating had been ok (just!!!) until the pictures last night then I had pop corn and wine later on, today I have had crisp sandwiches for lunch, really healthy and we are having an indian takeaway later on and probably the rest of the wine. Will need to stick to plan 100% for all of next week.

The weather is really nice here today although it is a little windy. I would love to have gone and done something, but the boys have disappeared out with their friends. Not bad considering they (my two and the two brothers they chum around with) got into trouble at school this week for fighting each other.

Work has been hectic- enough about that.

Am off to do yet another load of washing and to tidy the kitchen, am having a very exicting day not.
Smiling Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 02:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Hi there everyone,

Chris - I hope no one minded that I pointed out the thread title!

Teel - thanks for the welcome!

Carol - it's interesting that you thought the latest Harry Potter movie wasn't as good - I've heard all raving reviews from friends of mine. I'm quite excited to go see it! Although, I'm never too concerned about whether it follows the books exactly or not. As long as I come out of a theatre with a smile on my face, feeling content, then I'm happy with a movie.

I intended to go tonight, but I've realized that the Calgary Flames might possibly win the Stanley Cup tonight! (that's the 'big prize' for the NHL - professional hockey league over here, for those that don't follow hockey). So, I'm actually heading over to my friends house to watch the (ice) hockey game. Harry & co. will have to wait for tomorrow night. I'm actually surprised that I have been able to hold off going to see the movie for so long. Nothing held me back for Lord of the Rings! (Oh, and didn't I feel like a complete tool at work the other day when my supervisor walks in and I have this *huge* computer background of Aragorn right in front of our faces!)

I'm eating a bit off my plan today. See, tonight, I know that we'll drink some beer while watching the hockey game, so I have this bad habit of thinking, "oh well, if I'm going off plan tonight anyway, I won't worry about the plan all day." Which, of course, is not the best way to lose weight! I've got to stop doing that!

Hope you're having a good weekend!

Julie
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 05:11 PM   #6  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Julie, I'm sure noone minded you mentioning about the thread title We all seem to gas on and on and didn't seem to nootice, we're quite a chatty bunch.
Doesn't feel like June here today though, it's wet and chilly.
Have been to curves this morning and had a good workout, was awfully sweaty going round, think I might have been sweating the alcohol out of me from those shots last night
Teel, hello luv, the Suffolk show? You're making me homesick, I used to love going there, we seemed to go every year on a school trip and it always piddled down and you slopped through the mud, but it was always great
Am supposed to be going to the movies tomorrow, to see Troy, Hannah has a friend sleeping over tonight and now our power outage has been switched from today, until tomorrow, we'd better get out the house and do something.
That's it for now, oh yes, where's Kirsty gone? Haven't seen much of her this past week. Are you all right luv?
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 09:28 PM   #7  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Girls,

No Hangover then Chris i had a terrible one last week and ended up lying on the settee all day Saturday i hate that! and i always say 'never again' but i seem to forget that part I did'nt forget to pay the bills Chris i forgot to post the envelopes once, i put a load of them in the glove compartment in my car and forgot about them too and hubby got a lot of demands he never did find out what really happened in future i won't hide them out of sight i'll leave them in plain view i'm having a piggy weekend on purpose don't know why i just think i deserve it so i'll have to be an starting on Monday like Carol.

Julie, i'm gonna have a few beers tonight too, not watching hockey tho' and i won't have to many cos i've got to be up at 4am for work

Gonna put my pizza on and grab a cold one
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 07:01 AM   #8  

hi all im here just had one of those weeks first being ill and then craig going to gremany {he left yesterday} so havent had time to get on well the news {and get comfy theres lots} we went to see harry potter im hp daft and have got the new game too i think the reason we didnt like it as much is because they are growing up and were not to set on that at the mo craig has started shaving and is now officially taller than me and hes only 14 i cried buckets last night but not untill after hed gone he called at 12.50 last night when they stopped to change drivers and told me to go to bed and stop worrying that kid knows me better than i know myself having one of those mid life crisis things im 33 on the 18 th and feeling about 73 cleo got hold of conners hamster while we where taking craig to the coach and had to set the alarm for 7 this morning to make sure it hadnt gone to the big wheel in the sky before conner got up thankfully it hadnt ive gave up slimming world and am going it on my own and im feeling 100% better i enjoye doing it for myself before i went and am enjoying it again not so pressured i think and i now weigh 15.7 so im still losing and feling good with it wont go into the house thing just now no time but needless to say heads are rolling so im going dh wants brekkie and the house is a tip ill pop back later for a blether
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 07:54 AM   #9  

[QUOTE=Lekker]Chris - I hope no one minded that I pointed out the thread title!

Lekker...it gave me a good laugh!!!

Chris..I will make you very jealous now!! The Suffolk show was great and the terrain good and dry as it did not rain until we were there in the afternoon and then only a short gentle shower, so we were not slopping around in the mud! It was wonderful to see the Lusitano Horses doing their stuff, so elegant in their movements! The food hall was the best place and we sampled a few items..Giffords Hall Wine (I tried the stawberry) and various dips and chutneys and the smoked salmon....
I have just had a phone call from a friend who I have been trying to contact for ages...leaving txts on her mobile...now I know why I haven't got through to her...she's got a new mobile!!
I went to the theatre last night to see Blazing Fiddles. Friends bought me the ticket for my birthday in 9 days time. Blazing Fiddles are a group of 5 fiddle players, a guitarist and a keyboard player, all from Scotland. They were so full of energy it made me exhausted to watch! They were excellent fiddle players and the theatre was packed to bursting.My friends had seen them once before and raved on about them last time, quite rightly so I have to aggree.
It is 21 degrees here in Suffolk at the moment. I am getting some practise in the warm weather for when I go to Salzburg at the end of the month!! The hound is flaked out on the floor beside me....but still finds enough energy to bark at the cats living next door...we are now surrounded by cats....at that very moment Holly sprinted out in to the garden...but she is not barking at anything....perhaps she was dreaming!
Oh well, better go and get on with the day....lunch time here. Here is the dog back again!! Mention the word lunch and she'll find all the reserves of energy and sprint into the kitchen!
Love her to bits.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:41 AM   #10  
Gym'll fix it!!

Good Morning Girls

Forgot to turn the timer off on the telly so that came on at 4am i was awake anyway but i use it as a backup in case there is ever an extreme possibility that i might be asleep one of these days i wish! Got up and i'm just altering a dress, making it into a top to wear with jeans. Work yesterday was bedlam i got all the prices changed just before the store opened and was putting up the "as advertised" signage when the manager told me to leave it and to put my money off coupons up, i told him there was'nt any and he said there must be and took me upstairs to look for them and they were just thrown all over the desk not in the usual place where the supervisor puts them it was 9.30am (i finish at 10am) by then and i had'nt had my break and i did'nt get one either plus i finished 25 minutes later than i should, so that is another 40 minutes unpaid work they have gotten out of me i was talking to another girl just before i left the store and she told me that a guy that used to do my job used to come in ONE HOUR before his normal starting time because the supervisor gave him so much work and he just could'nt get it done in time he worked 5hrs a week without pay! And the girl i've replaced only lasted 6mths but she is relocating so she has a good excuse although i know for a fact that she does'nt like our supervisor. She also said that the supervisor used to laugh about what a mug he was for doing it! I would be livid if i heard she was saying the same about me I told hubby yesterday that even tho' i really like the job i'm not happy with all the stress involved with getting it done and the fact that they don't give you enough time to do it i've worked at least 4hrs extra without pay on only 7 shifts and yesterday i was up at 3.30am to earn (just wait till you hear how hubby put it) enough money to buy a case of beer!!! I don't know whether to see my supervisor and tell her i'm not prepared to work for free or just leave it if i leave it tho' i know i'll carry on staying behind until everything is done and i don't want her laughing at my expense either. The trouble is i'm really conscientious and like to do my best and its not the sort of job you can just leave unfinished although hubby say's 'why not?' I don't know what would happen if i just said "right, its 10am i'm off" and just left it cos its not like there is anyone else to take over where you leave off, you've just got to finish it. I thought it was TGTBT finding a job that i actually enjoy doing i'll let you know the outcome

Kirsty, LOL @ "gone to the big wheel in the sky"

Last edited by cat90; 06-07-2004 at 09:45 AM.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:56 AM   #11  

Coo blow that for a game of soldiers, Cathy! All those extra hours worked for no extra pay! I t sounds as if you are working in the NHS!! I would have to REALLY enjoy the job if I had to get up at that unearthly hour to start!! That is the middle of the night!
You must be very talented to be altering a dress...I can't even take up a hem! I am afraid my sewing skill ends at putting on buttons!!
Hope the sun is shining over there? Here in Suffolk we are having a little heatwave...it's 25 degrees now..
Old 06-07-2004, 12:26 PM   #12  
Gym'll fix it!!

Lucky you Sheila it was gorgeous yesterday and i got a ton of yardwork done but we're off to a drizzly start today although "they" have promised later i don't have many complaints about the weather here, we have a beautiful climate and summers are guaranteed to be long and hot so the odd spot of rain is welcome.

I got the idea for the dress from Y & R i had originally lengthened it cos it was knee length and i like my "knock" knees covered then when i was watching Y & R (don't know if you get that over there) Sharon was wearing a really pretty top and the hem was cut on a slant and i thought it would be a good idea for my dress it should look nice
Old 06-07-2004, 01:43 PM   #13  
Gym'll fix it!!

My supervisor has just called to ask if i can work in the morning and she said that i'd done fine yesterday so i told her it was **** and that i had'nt got a break and had stayed behind yet again and she said she will pay me for it so i'm a happy cat again
Old 06-07-2004, 05:00 PM   #14  

well cathy those who blow there own horns get the benefits and if you dont speak up for yourself nobody else will got a call form ds in germany so im a happy mummy again by the way where is veggie ??? anyway just had to clean ds fish tank as we had a snail problem so im a wee bit soggy and smelly so im goping to go and take the dogs out and have a shower speak to you all later
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 07:55 AM   #15  
Theres no stopping me now

have just eaten the most enormous baked potato with baked beans, there were only a couple of scoops of beans. Didn't fancy my sandwich so I went to the canteen at work and will probably not need to eat every again.

best go back to work and try and burn off some cals with some brain work wish I could just go home
Smiling Sal is offline   Reply With Quote