Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 09:20 AM   #1  
Eve's Mom

Default Go FLAMES Friday!!!

Yee Haw!! Today is friday and at 11am I am leaving the office and going in the field for the afternoon - an Open House BBQ. Of course, it's still work and I won't get home til like 9pm, but that's a-ok. Still out of the office, enjoying the sun,which is more than I can say for my current condition.

Yesterday's posts were good - I think it really made me refect on stuff and realize I am not alone in my wierd family stuff/weight stuff, etc.

Today is a new day and hopefully we are all feeling better and more focused on our lives and what we want to get out of them!

I better header....
Old 06-04-2004, 09:52 AM   #2  
Running Babe

Oops, didn't do too well with food yesterday. I think I might start a journal for my feelings and stuff....

Belle: morning! My mom meant well while I was a kid, but she was so down on herself for being overweight and she would imply that it was easier if I were thin. I had teachers make deragatory remarks abut being overweight. I learned early on that fat=bad. That kind of messed me up. I let being overweight hold me back so much.

Anyhoo, it's my day off so I am thinking of taking a run by the river.

Cheers!

Ali
Old 06-04-2004, 09:54 AM   #3  

Morning Belle! I know that I feel very focussed after yesterday. I just decided enough is enough. I got on the scale and I have gained 4 lbs back Oh well. I am back on Phase one for 2 wks (this is the strict phase) I KNOW I can do this I will change my sig. I am hoping that some of that weight is water but I am going to take the weight as is for now and go from there.

Thank you everyone f or sharing yesterday. I really do believe that it was quite helpful. Thank you, Thank you!

I plan to work out tonight and tommorrow. Tonight aerobics and tommorrow probably WATP for Abs 3 mile. I am determined to drop all of this weight. Well ladies have a great day. I hope to get back and say hey to everyone later on today. Send me some positive dieting vibes b/c I will need them today. I will be attempting to come off of all the sugar I have been eating lately.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:57 AM   #4  

Hey Ali! We were posting at the same time. I think that I may add journaling to my SBD b/c I didn't do that last time. I plan to rate my hunger before I eat and maybe journal my general feeling at the time to make sure I am actually in need of food. Thanks for the idea What would we all do without each other . Have a great run. I am so impressed that you do that. I could never get into running. Maybe someday!
BBL
Old 06-04-2004, 11:54 AM   #5  
Proud Canadian

Morning! Yesterday's talk helped me get through last night without going overboard - I had a few unplanned jujubes (6 to be exact) and I didn't eat the pasta I just had salad and a bun. Then I munched on carrots all night to avoid the evil cheezies (I figure they're orange and crunchy too, right?) But then I got home and stepped on the scale and was frightened (never should have done that) - I KNOW its TOM and I will probably be up tomorrow morning but I was trying soo hard this week. And I exercised my butt off...I've been tracking my points but not writing down all of my food so that will be my mini-goal until I go on vacation. On vacation I want to continue to count points. There is no food on any of my flights so that should be fine but I'd LOVE some tips on healthy snacks that I can prepare for myself to take and munch on so I don't end up buying muffins and chips. Any hints? My big satisfying snack is a tall non-fat latte with a half shot of vanilla flavor which I count for 3 points. I'm not allowed to take produce across the border so I need to think of some other healthy things for my carry on bag. With my mom at my sister's we should be able to keep each other somewhat healthy...I leave next Thursday.

Does anyone have any great plans for the weekend? I'm going to see Harry Potter tonight and I'll watch the Hockey game tomorrow (Go Flames) and then I'm making sure all my packing is ready because I don't have much time during the week to spend packing...

Hi Belle, Ali and Becky and anyone else about to post!!

KT
Old 06-04-2004, 01:32 PM   #6  

KT~ Bummer about the no produce....hmmmm. When I flew to Florida I took low fat string cheese, I also took cut up apple with PB but that is not an option for you. Umm...what about the WWer snack bars. Those are quite yummy so are the Slimfast Butterfingery ones but I tend to eat too many of those. Yogurt is a possibility depending on how long the traveling will take. Take some peanuts, they are a good fat. I will try and think of more.

As far as wknd plans, DH works all wknd so I will probably hang out with my sisters a bit and do some shopping I love shopping and I have some B-day money to blow so look out. I will clean my house also but other than that not much exciting to do. The sad thing is I actually get excited about having time to scrub my house. I need to get out more

Well so far today I have had a healthy bkfst, snack and lunch. This is better than I have done in 2 wks. Yippee! May the force be with all of us this wknd!
Old 06-04-2004, 02:35 PM   #7  
Proud Canadian

Way to go on your day so far Becky! I think I will talk some nuts with me - that's a great suggestion. Some coffee shops sell yogert so that's a good snack to look for too. The string cheese would go yucky in my bag (I have to pack stuff Thursday that I don't plan to eat until Friday Morning) - I have some slimfast bars, I'll throw those in too - Thanks for the tips.

KT
Old 06-04-2004, 02:57 PM   #8  
Running Babe

I had a good run/walk, it was beautiful outside today so my shoulders and arms got some colour

Becky: I tend to hold onto my feelings and try to forget about stuff.. If I write it maybe I'll at least be getting it out there and may be able to deal with stuff better. I am not a fast runner, but I have set a personal goal to run a marathon! So I figure I better start logging some serious KMs.

KT: I am thinking about see Harry Potter demain... I need to clean, sort stuff out and really notch up the getting ready to move thing.

Cheers!

Ali
Old 06-05-2004, 01:39 AM   #9  

Hey all.
I'm down a pound?!! I don't know if i should be happy, well i probably should be cause I've been eating way more than i used to. It's taking soooooo loooong. I have a goal of wanting to be 135 by around July 9th. Right now i'm 143. I think that's doable. I have a renewed focus and mentality to my diet as well. I really just want to eat healthily, i feel better when i do. Anyways i bought Dr. Phil's book just to read and see if there's anything helpful in there. Maybe it'll help with some of the food issues we all deal with.
Karen
Closed Thread