South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 05:32 PM   #1  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default Movies?

I made plans for a late Saturday matinee to see Harry Potter [oh the headache from the children!] and am already freaking...

MOVIE THEATER POPCORN IS MY DOWNFALL!!!

What should I do? I vowed to start Phase 1 over again to lose my gain of 3 and then some more -- but popcorn at the movies???

I have no clue what snacks I should bring, or if I'll even be able to bring them into the theatre itself! Or what will be comparable so I don't buy anything other than a treat of diet soda...

HELP! I don't want to cancel but am leaning that way!
Old 06-02-2004, 05:40 PM   #2  

{Giggling at the vision of you pulling out a big ol' jar of hummus and some SF jello out of your purse}

I'm sorry that I'm no help!

Maybe eat a big salad before you go, so you are too full to eat there?
Old 06-02-2004, 05:44 PM   #3  

When I saw Shrek 2 on my first day of SBD, I smuggled in a serving of peanuts in my purse and bought water there. We also went right after eating lunch.

My DH, on the other hand, (who needs to lose more weight than I do) bought a large popcorn and Dr Pepper. Luckily for me the smell of theatre popcorn does not smell good to me however the guy next to me had nachos and those smelled great! I have a feeling that Harry Potter will be action packed enough to keep you from being too hungry.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:00 PM   #4  

How about some string cheese & pistachios or almonds?
Old 06-02-2004, 07:03 PM   #5  

when i went to shrek 2 i took pistachios and i did fine maybe eating before you go will help so you wont be hungry. Oh by the way i am a big harry potter fan. Cant wait to find time to go see it.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm going with hubby on Sunday to see Harry Potter and I've already planned to go off plan for our time at the movie. Its his birthday and we want to have a good time, he is doing atkins so we figured we'd let loose for that one day. Luckily I can do my WI before the movie and then I have all week to work off popcorn lol.

Michelle
Old 06-03-2004, 12:04 AM   #7  

I would have a diet soda and take a little bit of dark chocolate. You could find some low carb candy but I am always tempted to eat the whole packet if I buy something like that.

When it comes to things like this I am inclined to let myself have a treat, it is when the treats come several times a day that you realised that you have totally fallen off the wagon.
Old 06-03-2004, 03:16 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Chick on the beach - I totally agree with you!! One junk filled (well not filled ) trip to the movies isn't going to ruin you totally, unless you are one of those people that once they taste the forbidden fruit can not put it down. I say hey if you don't go out too much (like me) have at it enjoy yourself, lifestyle changes arent about restricting everything all the time but you know when enough is enough!! Thats why I'm gettin some popcorn and jr mints mmmm thats my treat! I've worked hard why the **** not
Eeeks I need a little south beach angel to sit on one shoulder to kick the treat devil off the other Ok girls you can tell its late and I'm obviously lacking sleep cuz I've turned in to a wierdo lol. Goodnight!
Michelle
Old 06-03-2004, 08:58 AM   #9  

Thanks for the advice all.

I can't eat that much popcorn anyway. I went to the gym last night. Maybe if I go tonight after work AND Friday AND Saturday rather than just 2 of those days, I will treat myself to a SMALL bag with a diet soda or better yet, water.

I just feel SOOO guilty, you know? Like I have no willpower if I have it. Considering I was so off plan this past week.

We'll see.

I wasn't a Harry fan until my ex made me read the first book on a plane ride back from CA last August. I read all 5 in a week and love them. The 4th was my favorite, as was the 3rd. I hope this one is good.

Thanks again!

Jenn
Old 06-03-2004, 09:59 AM   #10  

good luck jenn i am in the same boat!!! the kids are barely waiting to see the harry potter movie so we are going on sunday and i LOVE the popcorn with butter. we are going out to lunch first, they want pizza hut, so i will fill up at the salad bar and then hope for the best at the movies. dd always gets the popcorn so she will have to sit as far away from me as possible good luck!! i think your idea of extra exercise and having a little bit of popcorn is a good one. just make sure you are not starvingwhen you get there and you will do fine. (hopefully i will too)
Old 06-03-2004, 10:09 AM   #11  

Jodi and all-

Since we are going to get there at 4 for a 4:40 showtime, eating might be a problem. I have to wake up early to gym it and clean -- I am hosting dinner afterwards! That reminds me, I have no clue what to make!

I don't know about making lunch so late. Maybe I will snack on some cheese before.

Who would have thought going to see a movie would be so dramatic!?!?!?
Old 06-03-2004, 04:17 PM   #12  

I don't think I can get to the gym tonight. My allergies are kicking me in the heiney! I can't ever remember being so tired! Maybe it's being back on Phase 1? We'll see how I feel come Saturday but I can't beat myself up if I do chose to have some popcorn...maybe share with a friend!

Wow, I really feel awful. Luckily, only one more hour until I leave and get to go home...
Old 06-03-2004, 06:14 PM   #13  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Jenn, I hope you feel better! I totally feel your pain. I LOVE movie popcorn and eat it even after eating the largest meal in the universe just because I love it so much! We are going to HP as well, and here's what I'm going to do: Go to a big dinner first, then bring some nuts/chocolate with me to the movie. I'm still on one starch a day, or I would bring some airpopped popcorn in a small bag. You can bring stuff in to the theatre...you just need to hide it in your purse or pocket.

That said, eating some won't kill you. I just really want to reach my goals and know that if I cheat a little I will go nuts. so I'm going to try to remain strictly OP as long as I possibly can. I think the nuts and being super full will help. If I realy go crazy, I will promise myself a bit of cheesecake at Ruby Tuesday after. But I hope I won't have to do that. Why does this sound like I'm as bad as Breanna the 2 year old? I have to bribe myself to be good!
Old 06-03-2004, 09:39 PM   #14  

We're all going to Harry Potter tomorrow, too -- the 5:30 show. Oh great -- just when I'll be starving! I think I'll plan a late lunch and just try to get absorbed in the movie -- unless they're stuffing their faces with chocolate frogs and Bertie Botts Every Flavor Bean. That's it! I'l just think, "Ear wax and vomit-flavored!"
Old 06-04-2004, 08:30 AM   #15  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

Am I the only one that does NOT eat at the movies? I would rather go out to a nice dinner afterward. I do usually get a diet soda. Hubby usually will bring his own Dots. So I might have a few of those. Hmm guess I am weird LOL
Closed Thread