South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 12:54 PM   #1  

Unhappy Frustrated

I have been on the SBD for a week today. I have lost 1pound. I weigh 130, but my goal is to lose 10 pounds. I would even be happy if I lost 5. I eat the way I am suppose too. I drink water all day. I am all watered out. I want to give up. But I havent got this far and spent all this money on food for nothing. I am going to get through the next week. I guess if I dont lose anymore weight I want to give up. Please help me ladies. Whats wrong? All of you women are losing and losing. Is this normal? I have cut everything out that I have suppose to. I feel alot better. Thats a positive. Has anyone experienced this? I am divorcing and a mother of 2 I am always on the go. Losing this weight means alot to me and my self esteem!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2004, 01:39 PM   #2  

Don't give up. It may take you longer since you have less to lose than most of us. Today is my 11th day on SBD and I have only lost 4 pounds but I know that I am getting lots more vegetables and healthy food than ever before. Make sure you are eating enough. Good luck and keep it up!
Old 06-01-2004, 01:51 PM   #3  

Alycat - barb is right, b/c you have less to lose it will come off slower.

Are you getting your calcium, I know this sincerely helped me when I was stalled out.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:26 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, alycat! Please do not give up. With only ten pounds to lose, it is going to take a while on any healthy diet. The slower you lose, the more likely you are to actually keep these pounds off. Those fad diets will have you losing all ten pounds in no time flat, but you'll get them back in a month with more pounds on top! Keep up all that you are doing and look forward to Phase 2, where there is more freedom. Phase 2 really feels less like a diet.

Besides, the healthier you feel, the prettier you look, in spite of your weight. I truly believe that!!! Also, be aware that people like me, who have over 150 pounds to lose, are losing a lot because there is a lot to lose!!! Be proud of your 1 pound...that is 10% of the weight you want to lose! Whopee! After four weeks, I have lost only 20% of my weight to lose. Call us even!
Old 06-01-2004, 02:33 PM   #5  

Thank you ladies! The only calcium i am getting is through the low fat cheese and part skim raccota. I want to drink milk bad. I love milk. I have fat free milk that i use to drink all the time. I try to eat when i am hungry. The natural peanut butter is my fav. I think I will cut down on that. But i have really changed everything i eat..100%! Thank you ladies. I have been reading all of your posts and finally became a member so i could get feedback. I am glad i did it!!!!! if you all can do it i know i can. Its just so hard. I have never had to diet. Its true what they say..your body changes when you turn 30!!!
Old 06-01-2004, 03:34 PM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Alycat, the girls advice is great! And wow... weight-wise, you're probably a BABE compared to... well, to me, anyhow!
You know, the best thing is that you're getting that 10 pounds off NOW, and not letting it build up like some of us have. Keep at it, and don't get discouraged!!
Old 06-01-2004, 04:18 PM   #7  

Just think, Alycat: If you lose only a pound a week, in ten weeks, you'll be there! Some of us take 10 weeks to get halfway to our goal -- the point really is how incredubly healthy you're getting here on the Beach! Not to mention fun times with Beach Chickies like us
Old 06-02-2004, 08:46 AM   #8  

Thank you ladies. I needed the encouragment. You are all so postivie and I admire that so. I will keep it up as hard as it is. Eating so well and being active and only losing a pound in 9 days really sucks. But I will keep it up!!!!
Old 06-03-2004, 02:02 AM   #9  

Hi Alycat,

...Just a note to let you know I had a similar experience. I only want to lose 10-15 pounds, and have been on SBD for 6 weeks. I lost 2 pounds in Phase 1, and was discouraged, EXCEPT for the fact that I felt so good. My skin was less dry, I lost my cravings, and my moods were more evened out. I have "only" lost 4 pounds total, but I have always been a slow loser (on Weight Watchers, etc) so that's normal for me. I am trying not to be discouraged, but to realize I've lost 40% of my goal! The best thing is that I don't feel like I want to quit, like on other diets, becaue SBD doesn't feel like a big sacrifice to me.

Anyway, I just want to encourage you to keep at it. You are so close, and the hype about losing 8-13 pounds the first 2 weeks is misleading, I think, for people who don't have a lot to lose.

Jojo
Old 06-03-2004, 03:45 AM   #10  

alycat you can have milk on phase one as long as it is skim milk. The revised version is in the FAQ section. You are limited to 375ml per day but this includes yogurt.
Old 06-03-2004, 06:09 PM   #11  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Alycat, I am glad you are feeling a little better. Definitely drink the skim milk...it does help with your cravings and feeling good, at least I think so. I love my milk!

Like Ellis said, you probably look amazing right now, and I totally admire that you are getting to work on this now when you can actually nip it in the bud. BTW, it is super common for women after 30 to gain a bit of weight. Something to do with hormones and metabolism. So don't feel like it is just you. Two of my friends who were *always* super skinny minnies (the type that everyone thinks are anorexic, but actually eat everything in sight without any consequences) have recently gained about 8-10 pounds and are mystified. I call it justice. No really, it's just a normal part of aging. :
Closed Thread