Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 07:51 AM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life-Week of 5/31/04

Whew! What a weekend. We really enjoyed the Devil Rays game, although they lost the those darn Yankees! The stadium is really nice. DH and I saw my sister's house that she is buying. It's a manufactured home and very roomy (surprisingly). This is her first home; she is single.

DH and I played golf yesterday (horribly, I might add). I think we played on a course that was too rough on us. I had rehearsal last night. The plays are going well; just need to get all of the lines memorized.

Pam, How great that you were in Mystic, CT. I love that town. It's so quaint.

Melissa, Pam, and Susan: Sorry about your weather. Here it is definitely summer--90's every day. I'm not rubbing it in; actually it's too hot.

Melissa, how great about your relative going to the WWII memorial. I really want to see that one. It was very impressive on TV and in the newspaper. I think it was too long a time before it was built, but at least it's there now.

DH and I are looking forward to this weekend--vacation in South Dakota for the Deadwood Marathon.
Old 06-01-2004, 04:16 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I'll second Domina's whew! It was great being away but today feels like Monday and I have to keep reminding myself I need to work at WW tonight. Anyway, the temps on Saturday didn't even hit 52! It was downright chilly and the low at night was 34! At least Sunday was a bit warmer so we were able to be outside. My cousin and I took a 4-mile walk so that was good. I did too much eating & drinking but it's the first time in a long time that I've stayed up past midnight

The weather today is perfect--72 and sunny. It was a little breezy at noon when I went for my walk but it kept me cool.

We haven't talked with my FIL about his trip to DC but we did see him on C-Span sitting next to John Kerry--the memorial is very impressive and someday we'd like to go down and visit it.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Hi to Pam, Susan, Lala!
Old 06-01-2004, 05:21 PM   #3  

Melissa, that's so funny that you laughed about staying up past midnight. My DH and I stayed up late on Saturday night and we were chuckling about it. We just don't do that any more.

You have really been having cool temps.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:12 PM   #4  

Hi Ladies,

I can't believe how fast this 4 day weekend went by. We had a nice time in Mystic even though the weather wasn't terrific. On Saturday we went on to Newport Rhode Island and did the touristy things like touring the mansions. Eating wise I was very very bad. I can't believe on Saturday morning we went out for a large breakfast and I had pancakes. Jeez, I don't think I've eaten those since I was a kid. Anyway, back to clean living for me or I'll never fit into my shorts. That is if the weather ever gets warm enough for me to wear them. Today I think it got as high as 50 but the sun never came out. Now it is pouring rain and it feels like its in the 40's. We really haven't had much of a spring..hope the summer is nicer.

Domina sounds like you had a very nice weekend. Good luck learning your lines. I don't know how performers can manage to do that. My daughter is a dancer and I am always amazed how she can memorize so many different dance routines. I am in awe of people like you! Sorry the golf course didn't treat you well. I really have to get out and play before my tournament on the 14th but like I said the weather really hasn't been very cooperative.

Melissa glad you got a chilly walk in today. I don't think that will happen for me until the end of the week when hopefully the rain will stop and the sun will shine. I would also like to see the WWII Memorial at some point this year, bet it will be emotional.

Hi to Susan..I bet you're counting the days for DH's return. Hi to Lala..hope you're on your way home.

Well its June 1st and I think I need to turn the heat on..its really cold in the house this evening. Take care,I'll talk to you soon.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:57 PM   #5  
si, si signora

hi everyone,

I'm back and tired. Had a fabulous time. I took about 300 photos, so I'll try and get some on some sort of free site so that you can see what I did.

I cannot describe my trip in a few sentences but I can say that I was at a loss for words many times. Hard for me.

Anyways, didn't do that bad on the eating front, but didn't get too much exercise. Back to clean living today. Went to the gym and have lots of gardening to do.

I hope everyone is okay! I'll be back later.

lala
Old 06-02-2004, 03:09 PM   #6  

Pam, I'm glad you had a nice time despite the weather. I'm in a golf tournament, too, on June 19th. You had to put the heat on? It's June!!

lala, welcome back, girl. Let us know what you had to eat there. It would be great to see photos. How was the weather there?
Old 06-02-2004, 03:10 PM   #7  

Me, again, I forgot to tell you all that when I golfed on Memorial Day. It was 95 degrees and humid. When I got back home, I got on the scale and had lost 5 pounds!! I know it was water weight, but that was sort of fun to see the scale number. : )
Old 06-02-2004, 04:15 PM   #8  

Hi everyone! It's sunny here today but cool--only in the low 60's. Not very warm for this time of year.

Pam: We had to turn our heat on as well the other night because it had gotten so cold and the house was freezing! It certainly doesn't seem like Spring!

Lala: Welcome back!! Were you there when the earthquake hit? I thought about you when I heard the news.

Domina: You can keep the humidity! I don't mind the cooler temps but wouldn't mind it in the 70's.

Susan: Does DH come home this weekend or next? Couldn't remember!

Not too much going on here--I'm back on track with eating and am keeping track again (the weekend pages are blank!) so I feel good. Work is busy and the days are flying by which is good. No boredom here. Nothing major planned for the weekend--we have a big WW meeting on Sunday and other than that it should be quiet.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:21 PM   #9  

Hi Ladies,

Busy busy day here at the office. I really like it that way, makes the day go by fast and the weekend come quicker!!

Lala Welcome back, we missed you. I hope you can post some pictures, I would love to see them. Can't wait for you to give us another update on your trip.

Domina I think I'm going golfing with some of my girlfriends this weekend. The tournament I'm in is a lot of fun, I'm really looking forward to it. Wow 5 pounds in one afternoon..only water but still nice to see the scale do that!!

Melissa I know, turning on the heat in June . I told DH when DD is done high school in a couple of years we should consider relocatting to someplace nice and warm. The problem is he hates heat and humidity and I'm the type of person who is always cold. Really, even during the summer months I never complain about heat or humidity.

Hey Susan where are you. Hope all is well.

Well back to work and then off to visit a cousin who recently had a baby. Talk to you soon.
Old 06-03-2004, 02:14 PM   #10  

Well, DH and I are headed to Deadwood, South Dakota for the marathon. I'll write you when I return on Tuesday.
Old 06-03-2004, 02:45 PM   #11  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

First of all, let me give Susan a big congrats for running the half marathon! whoo hoo girl!

Domina -- good luck in South Dakota. I hope you find it fun!

Melissa -- I was sitting on the couch waiting for the golden girls -- mom and aunties to get ready to leave for another party, and I noticed a big rumbling boom -- much like a construction demolition boom and then the chandelier started to sway. I figured by then it wasn't construction, but an earthquake. The neighbors were freaked out, my aunt freaked because her sister was in the shower and couldn't feel it. Some of my relatives who lived in high rises ended up spending the night in the park. There were several good aftershocks that we didn't feel.

Anyhoo, we slept with our flashlights near us, our passports, overcoats and scarves ready to be donned in case of an emergency.

Pam -- I've never been to Mystic or Newport, but I quite liked Providence. I'm thinking I'm about 5 lbs from shorts wearing. I bought a pair in April that I really like -- facconable -- down from 98 to 25 bucks that are not indecent, but I think I am now at an age in my life where wearing shorts to work would be considered inappropriate. However, from 6 pm on, anything goes.

Anyways, things are back to normal, pretty much, DP comes home for the weekend and that will be nice. I need to work this weekend so I am hoping for cruddy weather.
I am hoping to hit the back lawn tonight and get some chores done before DP gets home. She has one more week in Oregon and then she's home for the summer.

My mom should have landed for London by now. I hope she had a smooth trip home.

lala
Old 06-04-2004, 07:17 AM   #12  

Good morning everyone. Gee, it's the end of the week and this is my first post. I have been away from the office all week at a conference.

DH arrives home late tomorrow night Melissa. It will be really, really good to see him. I didn't realize how lonely I was until this week when I actually had people to talk to over dinner. It's been almost 6 weeks and the novelty wore off long ago.

Happy to hear that you're safe lala. I didn't know what part of the country you were visiting and was quite worried.

Domina: That's a neat way to lose 5 lbs. I wonder if I can blame my recent weight gain on the cold. Have a great time in SD, and wish DH luck for me.

Pam: I don't like heat or humidity either, but I might try to learn if our weather pattern doesn't change soon. The weather (and hockey of course) are the sole topics of conversation in Atlantic Canada these days. This has been our coldest, wetest spring since 1967!!

I am so very discouraged about my weight. I'm hoping it will be easier with DH at home. I haven't been cooking regular meals and that may account for my consumption of junk food lately. I haven't been this heavy in five years.
Old 06-04-2004, 08:46 AM   #13  

Good morning! It's beautiful here this morning--sunny skies and cool temps (54) but the high is supposed to hit in the mid 60's later on. The heat was on in my office this morning when I came in so the temp must've dropped last evening into the 40's. Anyway, the weekend is not looking good--rain, rain, rain. Good weather to do some indoor work.

Pam: It's been crazy in our office. We have our first small orientation today and from here on in it's going to get worse. My boss is driving me up the wall but that's normal. Thank goodness I can get out at noon and walk!

Lala: We've only experienced a couple of small earthquakes here and it mainly felt like a truck passing through--definitely a weird feeling. Glad to hear you didn't experience any major problems DH mowed our lawn a few days ago but with all the rain and cooler temps the grass is growing at a warp speed.

Susan: I know what you mean about not realizing how quiet things are without DH around--I'm sure the 6 weeks felt like 6 months! I also agree it's hard to fix meals when it's only for one person; when DH used to work nights there were many evenings that I would just graze (hence the 20+ pounds I put on) and not cook for myself. Maybe you need to give yourself a bit of a break and step away for a moment and re-evaluate--go over some old journals and look at what foods you enjoyed that you're not eating now, etc. I know that helps me when I'm struggling.

As far as the heat/humidity go, I can do without it--the days that are sunny here have been gorgeous and perfect for getting out and walking over the lunch hour. Once that humidity arrives I have a hard time getting out and it plays havoc with my breathing. There are lots of things blooming and the pollen counts here have been high and even though I'm taking my allergy stuff I'm still feeling some of the effects (itchy sore throat/eyes).

No major plans for the weekend--really should tackle some home projects.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:35 PM   #14  
si, si signora

Hi Ladies,

Its convertible weather here. I wish I had one.

Melissa -- Allergy season is bad here. I am not affected too badly, but its hard to see others so miserable. I hope things calm down at work. I did the back lawn yesterday, it was a breeze, but I need to get the weed whacker out to do the trimming.

Susan -- I hope you and DH have a nice reunion. DP is always a bit tired on the first day back, but gets back in the swing of things just in time to leave again. I can't wait for the end of June.

As for the single eating. I hear you. I have subsisted soley on low carb tortillas, shrimp, egg beaters, chicken sausages, veggies and chocolate covered bananas. Its soo not the way to eat. DP left the fridge stocked full of farmer's market goodies that I have no interest in concocting. Oh well.

Domina -- Here's to a successful Marathon!

Pam -- Good luck with the tourney.

No plans for the weekend, work, farmer's market, garden, gym, play tonight with some women from work. I wish I could say it was more exciting than this, but it isn't....

I weighed in this am, down .2 (my scale says more), but I'll take it.

lala
Old 06-04-2004, 05:35 PM   #15  

Hi Ladies,

There is something big and bright in the sky today, I think it may be called the sun, I'm not sure I haven't seen it is so long.

Susan have a nice reunion with your DH. Cooking for one is not fun and I like Melissa tend to graze. Your eating will be better/more regular once you are planning daily meals again. I also think there is truth to what you said about gaining during the cold months. Since January I gained 3 stubborn pounds that won't budge because I was in hibernation mode during the cold months. Now that spring is here it's still not even warm enough (or not raining) to go out and get any exercise. I know, excuses excuses I just need to get my butt in gear and get serious about taking the pounds off.

Lala I laughed when I read your post because I'm sitting here eating a chocolate covered banana. My weekend will be about as exciting as yours. DH is away until Sunday night so other than going out to dinner tonight with my sister and aunt, I don't have too much planned either.

Melissa and Domina hope you both have a nice weekend.

Talk to you later.
Closed Thread