South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 06:56 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Sunny Sunday On The Beach

I hope it is sunny where you are! I'm getting us all coffee and will be back in a bit.

~~~~later ~~~~~

Woke at 4 this morning after annoying dreams! I guess I was overtired.

I'm off to Brockville for the MS walk shortly. Rob or John will be keeping an eye on H. while I'm gone. (Hersh will not be going as her hip still bothers her a bit.) I'm doing just the 6K walk which is not even four miles. I know I could do the longer one but don't want to push the body today as I want to do more gardening this afternoon. Sarah will be here and I plan to have her move daylilies from the nursery bed to along the privacy fence in the dog garden. It looks like a lovely coolish day for working. I hope to get some seeds in as rain is expected later in the week. I love Spring!

See you this afternoon! Have a super Sunday!
Old 05-30-2004, 08:40 AM   #2  

Morning!

Little Chick- Hope things settled down for you at home, sounds like quite the hectic day for you yesterday.

Ruth- It will certainly be sunny here today- predicting in the 90s!

Have to confess to cheating last night- we were watching a movie- The Calendar Girls- and my husband went to bed. I "found" a small package of chocolate covered peanuts that one of my kids had given me. Polished those off and then had several handfuls of my daughter's goldfish crackers. (We are out of adult snacks since starting SBD). I woke up this morning with what I can only describe as a sugar hangover. I feel like crap!! Back on track this morning......
Old 05-30-2004, 10:13 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Ruth, get some rest, darling.

Just a quickie... I'm at Mom and Dad's... spent the night here. Dad isn't doing great. Thanks to all for your prayers/good thoughts/etc.
Back soon, hopefully...
Old 05-30-2004, 11:39 AM   #4  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

Hey all! It is a beautiful day here. Up in the high country they have chain law restrictions and are calling for more snow. Upper 60's and sunny for us though.

I need some advice. This had been my first week doing WW and SBD in combination. Well I weighed in yesterday at WW and only lost .4 pounds. :-( I am so upset. I thought I did so well this past week. I counted points and substituted food that were SBD friendly. What do you think I did wrong? I got in the truck after the meeting and just cried.

A little background I am breastfeeding (pumping exclusively) so I am using the ten extra points for nursing on the WW plan. Could my body just not want to change yet? My son is 13 weeks old.

Should I just do SBD exclusively? Which I am worried about my milk supply if I do that.
Old 05-30-2004, 06:42 PM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hey gang sunday eveing here and it is cold and damp. Spent the day gardening. Then went and watched DH play volleyball on the board walk in the sand. I walked the board walk which is 1 km long but a nice little walk. Came home and had some chips. I just could not help myself the hand just kept shoving them in. Kiko things have settled down today thank goodness. It has been a pretty quite day. I probably should not say that out loud as the night is not over yet.
Ruthie hope you had a good walk. You are an inspiration. I think that you are more involved in stuff than I am . Hope Harry is doing well. Take care.
Ellis- sending you my thoughts and prayers for your dad. Hope he is doing better soon. Take care of yourself.
Mals1- I did ww as well when I was still breastfeeding my youngest and I went about 3 weeks before I should any loss. I think your body is probably going through so many changes. After having a baby and then trying to lose weight as well. Don't get to discouraged. Keep up the good work.

Well I must go my DS just called so I will be back soon.

Last edited by little chick; 05-30-2004 at 06:50 PM.
Old 05-30-2004, 06:59 PM   #6  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

Thank you! I was wondering the same thing. Maybe my body just doesn't want to give up the pounds yet. I have been fighting this all day (wanting to eat everything in sight). So far I have been a good girl, but its been a tough two days. Its so frustrating the power the scale has over me.
Closed Thread