South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2004, 07:48 PM   #1  

Red face new to the beach but not to the game

helllllo everyone,
I'm 25 years old and have been fighting an absolute war with extra weight my whole life, but of course the real problems began in the adolescent years when I actually started to put myself down and feel bad about it. I have tried anorexic eating habits, I have tried bulimia ( although that was all quite a while ago) I did years of body damaging, appetite suppressing hard drugs (you can all come to your own conclusions on that one, and I'm sure anyone's guess would be more or less accurate) I was down to a comfy size 34-36 two years ago, but the whole year was spent eating tuna and cabbage and no fat or anything else really and I just couldn't live that way. After years of self abuse I am now 195 lbs and I just want to be comfortable in my body, you know? I have been excercising pretty regularly for the past two months and have probably lost about ten pounds but I'm at this point where it's just not steady, so I'm starting the South Beach diet tommorrow! Wish me luck! My goal is 155 lbs...it sucks feeling badly about myself even when I'm alone, how wrong is that?! I know that I am to love myself no matter what the size, but I want to be a little smaller, a little freer in the world ( not carrying so much baggage, haha) so I just wanted to introduce myself and my story because I think that I need this community, so hi y'all...ps I'm canadian eh! Anyhoo, I don't have the book, but I was wondering where beans fit into the mix and the phases, I'm pretty poor right now... that's it, that's all... I look forward to hearing from those of you who are walking a similar path in life, we have something in common.
Old 05-29-2004, 07:50 PM   #2  

Default oh yeah...

I was just reading my posting and I wasn't clear that I abandoned physically harmful things years ago.....now I get down to the health of the matter
Old 05-29-2004, 08:25 PM   #3  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

Hi there frances16 and welcome to the beach!! I am a Canadian too! There are quite a few on the beach actually.

I am sorry you felt/feel so badly about yourself. I can completely understand where you are coming from. Minus the hard drugs, I was pretty much in the same boat as you. This is the healthiest eating plan I have ever been on and it works. While you do have to love you for you, it is easier said than done.

Beans are allowed in phase 1, 1/3 to 1/2 cup. Check the revised food list on the SBD frequently asked questions forum. I am broke to so again I understand, lol

Good luck with everything and PM me if you have any questions.
Old 05-29-2004, 09:03 PM   #4  

sweet! Thanks for the encouragement Steph!
Old 05-29-2004, 10:06 PM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Welcome to the beach you will get lots of support here. Remeber it is all about being healthy and eating properly it is a way of life not a diet. Pull up a beach chair and enjoy your beach life.
Old 05-30-2004, 07:47 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to The Beach! It looks like we are all Canadians on this thread so far.
Keep on waging war against the weight but be sure you are ready to control the enemy after you win.
Old 05-30-2004, 08:45 AM   #7  

Welcome from a Texan!

This really is a fabulous way of eating, I am just finishing up my second week of Phase 2 and feel great! The pounds have yet to come falling off, but I feel and look better.
Old 05-30-2004, 12:48 PM   #8  

right on, thanks for all the support, woohoo! And yes, the body even after the battle seems to be the shrew who won't submit...haha
Old 05-30-2004, 09:17 PM   #9  

Frances, you'll be amazed at how healthy, but satisfying, the SB lifestyle is. Welcome!
Old 05-30-2004, 09:45 PM   #10  

Height: 5'-2"

Frances, welcome to the Beach!
Old 05-30-2004, 11:25 PM   #11  
RNMOM

Default Heathy way to go

Welcome. Stick to it and you won't be disappointed.
Old 05-31-2004, 09:29 AM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Welcome to the beach, Frances! This is truly a WOE that I can live with, and I hope you will feel the same!
Old 05-31-2004, 02:37 PM   #13  

wow!!! you guys absolutely rock!!! I'm totally jazzed!
Closed Thread