Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 07:46 PM   #1  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

Default Pita bread, low carb bread & the evil tortillas

I know we cannot have enriched wheat flour in pita bread or tortillas. My pita bread says just wheat flour, yeast, salt and some calcium something or other. Is this ok? I started phase 2 today and thought this week I would add 1/2 a pita bread to my lunch. I would add fruit but I find it just makes me hungry and although I love it, it is not necessary for me.

I still have Low carb bread frozen from when I was doing "my own thing" and it actually has glucose/fructose AND hydrogenated oil in it. How can that possibly be for something supposedly healthy

I checked my whole wheat tortilla wraps to see if they had the same ingredients and they contained the evil "enriched" word as well as the hydrogenated oils.

Label reading IS really important. So it all boils down to my question, is the pita bread ok to eat on phase 2.

Sorry for being long winded, but I thought I was being so careful at the grocery store. Glad I got tons of info here to tell me otherwise! Thanks
Old 05-28-2004, 09:06 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Steph, you're best to use whole wheat bread products. 1/2 pita a day is fine.
Old 05-28-2004, 03:27 PM   #3  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

Thanks Ellis, the other bad stuff went right into the garbage lastnight.
Old 06-17-2004, 06:57 AM   #4  

I am finding all there "carb counting
bread products all over my market. I find the taste okay, but the tecture is "funny" in some. If you can get past that it may help. I found soy whole wheat pita bread that had 5 net carbs. I am still leary of bread and will use those and another brand of whole wheat low cal bread that has 4 net carbs per slice.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:47 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

I'll have to find my WW bread at home and post the brand here. It's really good. I've also found that Sahara makes a good WW pita.

I got the La Tortilla Factory WW tortillas...they are awesome! If you can find those, they are pretty SBD friendly.
Closed Thread