South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 08:32 AM   #1  

Default thursday chick chat on the beach 5/27/04

morning all you sleepy heads!!!
whats up with this?? i know i am not the first one up, but i'll get us started. today is a busy day as usual youngest ds has a baseball game and dd and middle ds have a school dance tonight. ds with the dance is a nervous wreck since this will be his first (6th graders are only alllowed to go to the last dance of the year) so cute he is asking his big sisters advice on what to wear etc. gotta love it. i will take baseball duty and dh will take the dance drop off.

anyone have big plans for the weekend?? since it is a long one for us we willl of course be camping till monday. despite the bad weather forecast.

did anyone watch american idol??? i was so hoping for diana to win!!! poor little thing she is just sooooo cute. oh well better luck next time i guess.
hope you all have a great day on the beach!!!
Old 05-27-2004, 08:44 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning Jodi and the rest of you chickies. My plans for the week end are busy as always. Tonight we have to drive an hour away to the next city to go to the funeral palour. Not looking forward to this. Then Friday night is gymnastics night then Saturday we have to go to rehersal for the gymnastics show then run my oldest dd back home to go to a birthday party then back to town for the gym show. After that I think we are pretty much free for the rest of the week-end. I am hoping to get some planting done. Good lord I am tired just thinking about all that. Oh well that is the life of a mom with kids. or any other women. My candle party went great last night. Should not have made a carrot cake though. Oh well got 82 dollars in free products so it was worth it. I also got a $43.00 candle holder for $16 and it was one I was admiring in the book before hand. Got to love those hostess sales. Other than that my life is boring have a great day chicks I need to go see if I can sneak on the treadmill for a bit could not get out of bed this morning.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:04 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Now Jodi, you know that I am the first hen awake in this coop! Thanks for starting us up. I usually check in but may not post and then do my anti-SPAMMER crusade to keep us all safe from nonsense!

Little Chick, I hear you on the visitation thing. I hate going to them - and they get more frequent as you get older - but always feel glad that I went after the fact.

Well, we have sunshine and I saw a rainbow last night just at sunset. The rain clouds cleared away just before sunset and today dawned bright and glorious. The ground is still sodden but there is hope as the next four days have no rain on the forecast.

Yesterday was an incredible day. I really got into writing the monologue scripts. I DID do them on the computer - editing is so much easier! They turned out very well and the performance went tremendously! I was not at all nervous and managed to add a few frills to the performance, including a few tears as Helen Kelly. I had several questions about whether I was a professional actress which was very flattering. (I think being in The Vagina Monologues firmed up my self-confidence. If you can yell the C-word, you can do anything!) I was also very pleased with how well the writing went. I guess I should take a course at Queens that will force me to produce something on the page. "Works well only under pressure" has been the story of my life! Now I need some irrevokable deadline to get this weight gone!

Harry and I go to the doc this morning to get yet another growth removed from behind his ear! Poor guy! I shall talk to Dr. Jack re nursing home lists if I get a chance to do so privately.

Jane comes this afternoon and I may just use the time to garden while she holds the fort with Harry. We do need a few groceries but nothing that I need to go into town for. Maybe a solo lunch over at Portland overlooking the Lake and then a minor local shop. I certainly don't need to visit garden centres as I still have lots of stuff to plant here!

I now have 13 barrels to plant for the village beautification project. If the darn things are in place with their wooden covers and earth, I'll get this done over the weekend. Lorraine told me that the Greenhouse is nearly empty and she doesn't need my help on Saturday. Great as it's clean-up day at the Fairgrounds and I'll be able to enlist some folks to plant over there! We will have a BBQ at noon which is always good for getting folks to know each other better.

Hey! Long weekend in the States and the weather sure looks better than our Vickie Day Weekend.

Have a few chores to do before we leave for the doc so I'm outta here!
Old 05-27-2004, 09:26 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Quickie... just waiting for a friend to come over. We're heading down to the Market for breakfast and window shopping...

Little Chick, I'll be thinking about you tonight... drive carefully. Hugs and prayers for you and the family...

Jodi, our little one has a baseball game tonight, too. It's a crazy busy day. I hope your older DS enjoys his prom!

oh crap... there's my friend... Ruth...love you...
Old 05-27-2004, 09:48 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

Just back in for a second. I just got off the treadmill and did a mile in 15:30, just had to brag. I have actually exercised 4 days in a row and it feels good. now if I could just get the eating thing down. Anyway thanks for all the toughts. Ruth I just hate going to these things and it is even worse when it is someone young. Good luck at the doctors with Harry my prayers are with you on that one. I remember how hard it was on my Grandmother when my grandfather went into the Vetrens Hospital it was very sad but the time came that she just could not give him the care he required. I am sending you a big hug. Congrats with the monolouge thing that you did maybe you should go into politics. Ellis thanks to you to. Have fun with you friend. Anyway I really have to go and get some stuff done so I will be ready to go tonight.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:04 AM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, everyone!

Jodi, hope everyone has a great time tonight. Your DS sounds adorable. It is nice to know that there are still some 6th graders who are sweet and innocent! : Have a great time camping!

Little Chick, so sorry that you have the visitation to go to. My DH's grandmother was so gratified and pleased by the large number of people who showed up for my DH's grandfather's visitation. It really helped her deal with everything, knowing that he was so loved and well thought of. I hope that your visit helps your friend's family in their time of need. My prayers are with you! Your candle party sounds amazing, and all those free candle goodies...yummy! Who is in the gymnastics show? Hope it goes really well! Your performance sounds amazing and I envy you the time to write! I have stories going around in my head most of the time, but no time to sit and write them down! I know I, too, write much more and much better when I have a deadline looming over my head. Perhaps you can take a creative writing class at a local community college? Do they have those in the boonies? :ducking:

Ruth, I am so sorry to hear about Harry's growth! I hope the visit is as painless for him as possible. This must be really difficult for you...I admire how you are keeping your chin up! My, you are involved in so many projects...that is awesome!!! I noticed you didn't mention Sarah...did she quit after having to roll the dim sum trolley 'round the garden all afternoon?

Ellis, hope your visit with your friend is super fun!

Not too much going on today. Had my weekly weigh in and the darn scale decided to bounce up a pound after I questioned it. Darn thing has an attitude!

Making a Cooking Light bean and such dinner with pesto in it. Sounds delicious! Having a whole wheat roll with it...which I bought on Sunday and have been eyeing ever since. Yum! We had edamame last night, which is actually darn good! Not something I would eat as a treat, but really very tasty! Like eating firm, buttery beans. The recipe for them is in the SBD Cookbook.

Really been having cravings today and last night. My DH held me and squeezed my waist and such and really made me feel pretty last night and I floated on that feeling into bed before I could cheat. But this morning I am having such cravings. Not really sure why, as I have not had any sugar...nothing OP, and even had a Phase 1 breakfast, so I haven't even had fruit or starch this morning. I'm having bell pepper and hummus for snack. Hopefully the darn cravings will go away!

Hope everyone has a great beach day!
Old 05-27-2004, 10:07 AM   #7  
I can do this!

Little Chick! Good going on that treadmill! You are getting faster and faster! Did you hang a bag of bridge mix off the display? Seriously, that workout is something to be proud of !
Old 05-27-2004, 10:26 AM   #8  
Ready to Change

Laurie, Bridge mixture now there is an idea. My youngest dd is in the gymnastics show on saturday. It will be fun and boring at the sametime there is about 150 children in the show and the each have about 2 minutes of show time. So you sit and watch and only see you little one for a short time but it is fun to watch the different levels of the children and how they progressed over the year. Each of us have a wonderful thing that we can do. Mine happens to be yakking. I envy your cooking ability. I think you should have a big Beach dinner party I would be the first one there.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:49 AM   #9  
I can do this!

Hi, Little Chick!

Yup, I understand that feeling of being a bit bored with the rest when you are really there to see your kid. I did a lot of drama and choir, as did my sisters, when we were little. My parents came to every performance, and it meant the world to me! When I got older and was attending my sister's performances, I realized how terribly boring it can be to sit through endless other performances when you really are there to just see one. However, a good attitude is what gets you through, and it sounds like you have that in abundance! Hope your DD has a blast!

Ah, thanks! :blush: I love cooking. It would be wonderful to have an SBD dinner club...but it would take a lot of traveling, eh?
Old 05-27-2004, 12:27 PM   #10  

Morning-

Just got back from a walk- about 2.5 miles. I can guarantee that my mile is much slower than some of us. Oh well, it felt good to be moving!

Made it through Bunco and then to bed without going off program. I am looking forward to Phase 2 though- I can tell you that! Only four more days.

Little Chick Thinking of you- I am sure that the visitation will be difficult.

Ruth Your monologe sounds intriguing! I have no talents like that at all! So neat...

Okay, need to get this stinky body into the shower. I am subbing at my daughter's preschool for a few days. (FREE tuition ) and her teacher needs me there during naptime so she can show me everything. I have a feeling all of these little ones are going to run me over. I can manage a class of 30 fifth graders, but not so sure about 7 kids 5 and under!
Old 05-27-2004, 12:46 PM   #11  
Pending Email Confirmation

Morning... er.... afternoon all! I have to share my excitement.. This is my 4th day and someone asked me if I was loosing weight. I looked down and noticed my skirt that is usually curve hugging is a little loose!!! I must buy a scale so I am share the good news. I have no idea how much I've lost!!!!
Old 05-27-2004, 06:01 PM   #12  
I can do this!

Nette! How truly exciting! Don't forget to measure yourself, too...
Old 05-27-2004, 08:18 PM   #13  
RNMOM

Default Hiya

You all sound so energetic! You inspired me. I only worked 6 hours in the ER this morning and was going to come home and veg, but I walked/ran my 4 miles. Thanks.

I overdosed on fruit today. I let myself get too hungry and it seems that when I do that, I can't "catch up" with it. I had a chicken breast and salad and still wanted something more, so then it was watermelon, cantalope, grapes and apples. Ugh, I feel yucky right now. Note to self.....don't get too hungry, stop and eat!

So hope you are all planning on a great Memorial Day weekend! I look forward to some downtime.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:02 PM   #14  

Default Good Evening!

Hello Everyone,

Looks like everyone is doing good. My last couple of days have been pretty good. I have really cut down on my ricotta creme fest. I was up to 2 cups a day. I didn't have any yesterday or today, so far. I've fianlly been able to cut back on my portion sizes too. Today is day 7 on Phase 1! I have overeaten, but I have stayed OP. It's a miracle. I've lost between 3 and 4 pounds so far.

I'm just planning to get finished with some spring cleaning projects I've been putting off. That's spring cleaning to make up for a couple of springs that cleaning didn't take place. lol I even have a little more energy now to be able to get things done. Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend.
Bye for now.

debido
Closed Thread