Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 04:07 PM   #1  

Default Thin4Life week of May 24th

Oooohhhh..I never started a thread. I hope I'm doing it right. How is everyone doing. I hope you all had a nice weekend. Mine was OK, the weather was soso. Today is a strange weather day also with thunderstorms this morning and now the sun is shining. Well, I will try to come back later and post more ,but work is calling right now.

Talk to you later.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:23 AM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

Pam, thanks for starting us off.

I had a busy weekend with shows and a picnic and some golf. It was fun, but the weekend was way too short (aren't they all?) Yesterday I was the meeting Queen, had too many of those. I need to do a lot of reading now.

Susan, how was the half-marathon?? I can't wait to hear.

Hi to Melissa and lala. I assume lala is in Iran. I pray that she and her mother will be safe.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:51 AM   #3  

I did it!

It was touch-and-go there for a few minutes, but in the end it came down to sheer determination and I crossed the finish line in 2:31 - just a minute over my goal. The last two kilometres were hard. My hip was sore, my knees were sore and the shin splint pain was back (altho not as bad as before). I might have been tempted to walk across the finish line if it weren't for the 70-year-old man running along side of me. In the end, my pride took over and I finished two ahead of him

The weather was a factor. It started to rain just as the race started and rained steadily for the entire route. Thankfully, it was not windy, but we were all soaked to the skin. I was actually thankful that I wasn't one of the onlookers; they all looked frozen!!

I'm pretty happy with my results - especially since I ran the entire distance up Giv'er Hill - a half-kilometre-long steep incline at the 17 km mark. As soon as the pain clears up I'll start planning the next one!!
Old 05-25-2004, 11:09 AM   #4  

Susan, hooray for you. You did it!! I'm proud of you. What a great time, too. Yuck, rain. As long as you weren't cold, I guess that was all right.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:31 PM   #5  

Susan Congratulations on finishing the run with such a good time. You did awesome in some difficult running weather. You should be proud of your accomplishment!!

Domina sounds like you had a busy weekend. Yes I think they go by too fast also. This weekend will be nice since I am taking Friday off and we have the Monday Memorial Day Holiday to look forward too!! Think we'll probably head down to the Connecticut shore if the weather cooperates.

I also hope Lala and her Mom have arrived safely and are enjoying their time with their family. Hi to Melissa hope all is well with you.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:12 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Hi! I've been busy here with getting things ready for our summer programs. We've had some glitches with getting things from the press and parking but it's moving along.

Pam: Thanks for getting us up and running! The weather is crazy here, too. It was gorgeous this morning and now the clouds and light rain have made their appearance--temps have dropped to 62 and tonight it's supposed to be in the 50's. What a difference from Sunday's 83 & humid!

Susan: Congrats on running a great race!!! I admire people who do it--I'm much more content to walk.

Domina: It seems like we look forward to the weekends all week long only to have them pass by us at warp speed. I didn't get a whole lot accomplished but did make some headway in cleaning.

Not too much else happening around here--I've been trying to get out for walks on my lunch hour as long as the weather cooperates. I hope Lala's trip goes well for her and that she stays safe.
Old 05-26-2004, 05:07 PM   #7  

Hi Everyone,

Another cold rainy day here. Last night it was in the 40's but seemed even colder. Very busy here at work trying to get ready for the nice long weekend..hope I can get everything done so I can leave without any worries!!
Eating wise I'm not doing very well at all. For some reason I bought a lot of junk food when I went grocery shopping and I've been eating it non stop. I got some very tasty sweet potato chips and I've just about eaten the entire bag in only 2 days!! Can't even blame PMS on that one.

Melissa your weather sounds as bad as mine. Sure is making walking difficult. Summers on its way right?? It must be nice for you work-wise during the summer months when the students are gone. My sister works at a college and during the summer she said things are much more laid back, short Friday hours etc.

Hi to Susan and Domina hope your weather is nice!! Take care. I'll talk to you soon.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:30 AM   #8  

Good morning! It's been cool the past the couple of days but at least the sun has made an appearance late in the day. I'm planning on getting out at noon and walking today since it's going to be perfect--73 degrees and no humidity. We're supposed to get more rain late this afternoon.

Pam: I don't know if it's from the weather being so dismal or what but I've been eating different as well. Last evening after dinner I had a WW 2 point bar and then had crackers w/peanut butter. I wish I were in an office that had quiet time during the summer--this is our peak time. Even though the students are gone we're getting ready for next semester. Our office handles the summer orientation programs so we're getting packets stuffed, schedules coordinated, etc. I have 3 student workers and will be getting extra help from some more students from other offices when we assemble the packets (600 parents/700 students) at the beginning of next week. Our first program is next Friday and then we'll have 4 big sessions (2 June/2 July). I look forward to the end of July when I take vacation. A lot of people here at the university even have the misconception that now that the students are gone our office is quiet. No short hours here for us.

Susan: How are your knees & shin splints? Have you recovered?

Domina: Hi!

We're heading to my cousin's tomorrow after work for the long weekend. I'm looking forward to getting away. Anyone else have plans?
Old 05-27-2004, 09:58 AM   #9  

Melissa and Pam, I'm so surprised that you two are still having cool weather. It will be in the 90's here today--too hot for May.

I sure didn't sleep well last night. At 1 am, local teenagers were gathered in the street and were playing their stereos super loud. I was just about to call the police when they all left, but then I couldn't go back to sleep.

I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon. I think my acid reflux is acting up again. I hope he can help me.

I have a super long weekend--off four days!! DH and I and the birds are headed to St. Petersburg to visit my parents. It should be fun. My Dad is taking us to a Devil Rays baseball game. Also, I'll get to see my sister's house that she is buying. On Monday, DH and I will play golf at a new course.

Hi to Susan.

I hope everyone has a very good weekend and remember all military in your prayers for this Memorial Day.
Old 05-28-2004, 07:05 AM   #10  

Hi everyone. It's been super busy here with out-of-town meetings and other things. I was away yesterday and am heading out to another meeting in a few moments. At least they've been good, productive meetings...

Melissa: Yes, I'm pretty much recovered from the race. My shin is still a bit sore but nothing serious. I hope to get out for a run on Sunday then resume my normal schedule.

Pam: The weather here has been horrid. Wet, foggy and cold. It feels like summer is going to pass us by this year. The forecast is the same until early next week BTW, I've been eating horribly too. Must have something to do with lack of sunshine.

Domina: Sounds like you have a great weekend lined up. Enjoy.

One more week as a single woman. DH is scheduled to arrive home next Saturday. It will be really good to see him.

Have a good weekend all.
Old 05-28-2004, 11:52 AM   #11  

Domina: It's downright chilly here this morning--only 55! The temps over the weekend aren't supposed to get too much higher (60ish)...I'm not complaining though because they're calling for sunny skies. We had more rain last evening. I had the opportunity to catch a Devil Rays game when I visited my GF one year--I couldn't believe how big Tropicana Fields was. Enjoy the game!

Susan: I bet your eagerly anticipating the return of DH...it seems like he just left, although I'm sure for you it seems like a long time ago. Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Pam: Here's hoping you get a break from the rain as well! I'll take the cooler temps as long as the sun is shining

My FIL is on his way to the WWII Dedication--he wasn't going to be able to go but he received a invitation from Sen. John Kerry to be his guest. So he's getting the royal treatment...a car picked him up this morning and took him to the airport. I'm happy that he's able to attend because he wasn't going to be able to go because of the walking involved so this worked out great for him. He's one of the 18 who are left that parachuted on D-Day from the 101st Airborne.

Have a safe weekend everyone!
Old 05-28-2004, 05:30 PM   #12  

Hi Ladies,

I'm posting from Mystic Connecticut. We're on a mini vacation and so far the weather is terrible. It's cold and rainy but they say some sunshine tomorrow.

Melissa what an honor for FIL, you all must be proud. I've met Sen. Kerry on a few occassions. He visited the company I work for a few months ago. Nice man.

Susan I'm glad your DH will be home soon. Also glad your shin splints are better. When is the next run scheduled for you?

Domina have a great weekend in St Petersburg. I'm sure your weather will be better than mine.

Take care all. Will talk to you soon.
Closed Thread