Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-24-2004, 07:52 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Monday Chat, May 24

Good Morning

I'm home today, nothings wrong, just needed a break. Been up since 5 am because my 60 lb dog feels the need to lay on my head/pillow when she's scared, it was lightening and the thunder scares the fur off of her. So she sits and shakes on mama head OY!!! lol.

I'm sitting here w/dd watching Elmo right now.......... life is good !!! Praise God.

Watcha all doing today, how was your weekend?

Love Yah!!

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 08:59 AM   #2  

It's COLD, with a high of 58 today. The rain has stopped, thank the Lord.

Yesterday was busy, as usual. we had church and then a Voter's Meeting. R is Chairperson of the Elders for another term and the President sweet-talked me into being the church secretary. He's a nice person and I'm at all the meetings anyway. Well, our former Pastor has been gone for almost a year now(Now that is another story!) and it's turning around. We actually have laughter and smiles now. Yesterday we topped our attendance--never, in years, did we ever have so many people except for the Christmas service!

We went shopping in the city after and it seems like all the stores were packed! At least most of the people were friendly! I was glad to get outa town though.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 11:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

sounds like everybody is doing pretty good! lots of good posts over the weekend, that I'm just getting around to reading. it's been busy.

Tomorrow morning I take my youngest son to get his full driver's license, so this morning was the last time I'll be bringing him to school in the mornings. I'm hoping to have an extra 30 minutes in the mornings so on Wednesday morning I am hoping to get up and get my exercise in before getting cleaned up for work. I think this will work better for me. In the summer time the mall is packed with teenagers which makes it hard to walk fast and it's so dang hot and humid that it's just not as much fun as it should be.

I've got to order Christian a cookie cake for tomorrow night. They are his favorite, but it likes half of it with NO ICING. wish I didn't like icing!

I've got to run some errands and need to go pick up those office groceries and supplies that I never got around to because of all the rain last week.

I'll be back later. ya'll be good!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 11:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default oops I almost forgot!

Meant to remind ya'll that today is the last show on the Weight Loss Challenge on Dr. Phil, in case ya'll wanted to watch it.

I set my vcr at home so that I won't miss it!

I wish I was on there saying that I had lost 60 lbs or more! oh well I'm sure it will be inspiring!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 12:23 PM   #5  

HI everyone!

I'll be back later.......busy busy

Long weekend here in Canada...........hope all is well!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 02:13 PM   #6  

Hello guys.

I was stuck at home this weekend with poison ivy. Not a fun thing to have. I pretty much slept the entire time. I really think it was b/c i was depressed b/c I had it. I coldn't do anything. My teacher wouldn't let me come to school so I was stuck at home by myself. Joe had already left to go to FL for a crawfish boil. I didn't go with him b/c I thought I would be able to go to school on Saturday but I wasn't allowed. Sooo, I sat at home a was a bump on a log. I know that I shouldn't feel sorry for myself but I was going crazy at home.

Cathy I remember when I got my DL. I really didn't want to get it b/c I didn't ahve a car and I knew that I woldn't be getting one any time soon. I didn't get one until I was 18 and then it was a piece of trash car. I loved that thing though.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 03:14 PM   #7  
Rattie Lover

Hi all... & windy as heck here right now...bah!!

Not much going on here now that schools out. I'm on the quest to find my cat. Going to make out more flyers, check the HSSA and pound, and put lost ads in paper. **Sniffles** I miss my big 15 pound lazy buns.

Be Back Later...Gotta make lunch for the kid and I.
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 03:34 PM   #8  
CIN

Hi Gals
Glad to see a few post today!

It is sunny and warm and very nice outdoors. I am heading back to work in a few minutes................thankful for a job I love......and few hours!

I am still pooped from the garage sale and glad it is over at the same time!

Tippy....how many was your all time high attendance? Just curious !
Hope you get a Pastor soon...every congregation needs GOOD Leadership.....!

Later taters!
Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 05:45 PM   #9  

Wink Checking-in

Hello everyone:
Well, its cold here in sunny Northern California, and my boss is grouchy. But my food intake is great. I am eating only 1600-1800 cal a day. Funny, how your body gets use to less food.

Things I learned over the weekend:
1. When eating out, ask for veggies not to be cooked in butter.
2. Remind boyfriend that pizza is now longer welcomed in my house..

Take Care,
Stephanie
stepbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 06:07 PM   #10  
Oooo Silly Me!

Cathyxxx – OOOHHH Drivers License! Boy I remember how happy I was when I got mine! Good luck to your son!

Kempy – Posion Ivy, ouch I’ve never had it, how long does it take to heal?

Cin – Hello there! Gotta love it when you love your job! Makes the day go faster.

StepBrown – I agree on how your body seems to get used to having less food. I went from 2500-3000 calories (normal eating) to 2200 when I started dieting and now I’m currently at 1600-1800 as well.

I’ve had a long day… WHEW! I’ve been working on my paper for class… I have a feeling it’s going to be a LONG night. Sigh… I’m on 10 pages and it’s only supposed to be 5 pages and I really think I talked to much in the paper. We’re doing it on the book One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest. My Thesis is Christ Imagery used in reference to the main character. How does my teacher expect me to write an analysis that is 4-5 page paper on a novel that is littered with this imagery and is over 300 pages. OY!

Tonights our bowling league, so I won’t be playing with my new video or weights since I’ll be getting exercise elsewhere… But I’m proud to say that I lost another 4lbs… I only had to jump on and off the scale a few hundred times to make sure I was reading it correctly and that I was standing on it correctly…but YUP it’s right I’m dreading the day the weight slows down tho…

Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote