South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 10:07 PM   #1  

Default How badly did I blow it?

I screwed up today. BIG TIME, in my opinion. I've come to realize that healthy eating and my job aren't a really great combo. I work at a theme park (Universal Studios) where they serve nothing but fried dough, cotton candy, ice cream....you get the picture. The employee grill isn't any better. Pretty much nothing but pizza and fried chicken strips. I ended up getting a turkey sandwich and picking out the lousy 3 slices of turkey. You can imagine how hungry I was by the end of the day, after smelling all of that wonderful food and only eating three turkey slices. So, anyway, I made it through the day without cheating once, and then on the way home from work my sweet, considerate fiancee says, "Lets stop at Sonnys BarBQue for dinner, I'm sure you can get grilled chicken or something." He then proceeds to order the family meal deal which comes with sliced pork and beef, ribs, and chicken, as well as fries, garlic bread, and baked beans. Oh, and sweet iced tea. I lost it. I totally pigged out. I had ribs, sliced beef, and a huge sweet tea. It was sooooooo good. I forced myself away from the fries and garlic bread, but I feel really guilty about everything else... esp. the tea. So, how bad did I really screw up? I know we can have meat, but I wouldn't exactly call ribs "lean." I know the sweet tea was a no-no. It was so sweet it was almost like syrup. Also, I'm sure the sauce was loaded with sugar. I feel really bad about it now, and I hope my weight doesn't go up tomorrow. What do ya'll think?
Old 05-23-2004, 12:55 AM   #2  

lol, how ironic that you had that happen because i Work at Smokey bones here in illionios and i had the same thing happen today, i ws fine till i got worl at 4:00 feeling great and we got busy to busy to eat because I planned to order sliced turkey for dinner, so my thoughtfull boss decided that because we had no time to eat dinner she would bust out 10 pounds of candy to hold people over till the end of the dinner rush. and for the first time i broke down and ate some. Next thing you know at supper time i ended up eating bbq hotwings and onion ring for dinner, I started to feel guilty then i realized i am for weeks into this and lost about 20 pounds and i can feel sorry for myself and blow it all together, or get up in the morning and start healthy again. I am expecting to fight some cravings a bit but i can make it through that. so my advice to you is keep on doing what you need to do and dont let one bad day take control of the rest of your life. Maybe take a extra long walk tommarrow to make up to yourself for your wrong doings. And also remember one bad day is not going to ruin everything you worked for, its giving up is what will end it all.
Old 05-23-2004, 03:19 AM   #3  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

Yes Diamondgrrl, Melissak is right. Just get up and start again. It is hard to get into a routine on this plan but once you do, it is easier. I got caught a few times without anything to eat and then pigged out. Luckily I was inthe first few days so I just started over the next day and planned a full two weeks from when I started right. This is a way of life so one day is not going to ruin you. And if you get right back on and follow phase 1 to a tee tomorrow, I am sure you will reverse the effects. Like Melissa said, you might have some cravings but fight em because they will disappear! Drink lots of water and don't get discouraged by the scale, if anything it is just water anyways. Good luck!!
Old 05-23-2004, 07:59 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Yes, the girls are right... just start afresh, Diamondgrrl! Can you pack a healthy lunch to take with you to work instead of purchasing food from the Park? Stay away from those stands, girl!
Old 05-23-2004, 09:46 AM   #5  

Okay, get the sand out of the bikini & get back on the beach

Is there anyway you can pack a lunch? How about packing snacks... string cheese (my favorite), celery w/laughing cow cheese or peanut butter, cauliflower, peppers etc. I'm sure you can come up with something that you like & that's easy to transport. Yes, we're allowed to have lean meats but ribs aren't considered a lean meat (not to mention the sugar in the barbeque sauce )
Old 05-23-2004, 11:04 AM   #6  

Thanks for making me feel motivated, guys. I'm happy to report that when I weighted myself this morning, I had actually lost two pounds. lol. Anyway, I'm going back to the plan and I'm going to stick with it this time. I used to bring my lunch to work all the time but we recently moved and now I live almost 2 hours away from work. Thankfully, I only work on Saturdays now. I was afraid the food would go bad in the car on the long trip. I'll have to think of something non-perishable for next week. Thanks again for your help!
Old 05-23-2004, 11:52 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

How about a little cooler bag and some ice packs to keep things cold. Or you could freeze a couple bottles of water to help keep things cold and then you have something to drink as well.
Old 05-23-2004, 12:08 PM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

great idea littlechick! I was just going to suggest that.
Old 05-23-2004, 03:59 PM   #9  

Thats a great idea! I think I'll do that.
Closed Thread