Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 11:36 PM   #1  

Default Go Flames Go!

Hey everybody,
Well yay for the Calgary Flames, that makes me so happy. Yesterday was the day on the Wendie plan that I could eat 35 points. It was crazy, i ate so much bad stuff, and then I felt kinda sick because I'm not used to eating so much. I think I was usually eating about 18 points for the last 3 months. So I really hope that the Wendie plan works. However, I guess it was good because I got to eat lots of treats that I really never eat.
Also, I got a letter from my cousin in Calgary and she's coming to town soon which is awesome because it was her wedding that was in Vegas and I was a bridesmaid. Anyways she hasn't seen me since I lost the 22lbs, so I'm excited to see what she says.
Old 05-21-2004, 09:47 AM   #2  
Eve's Mom

Hey Lady17 (do you have a "real" name?) - I am from Calgary and super excited too! Yay Flames! I was in Grade 8 when they took the cup in 1989 and in Grade 6 I was a HUGE fan...so it's nice to see them taking it so far again.

I am doing the Wendie plan this week too - just for fun. I always debate it, but never get around to it. I found last week was so up and down with moving that my points were varied and I lost three pounds (must change sig). So I thought I'd do it more formally this week.

What are you Canadian's up to for the long weekend? It's supposed to rain/snow in Calgary until MOnday so it'll be pretty low key- fixing up our house, sealing the tile and finishing the unpackign and organizing - sounds fun to me, actually. I LOVE my new house. I'll bring our digital camera home tonight and take pics so you can see it!!

Kim, your dream house will come along, and at the right price. If all else fails, come to Calgary - we have a LOT on the market right now and prices are good. We're booming - you can write for the Calgary herald on oil and gas and by my "media friend".
Old 05-21-2004, 09:51 AM   #3  
Eve's Mom

Oh, I see your name is Karen - sorry - I have been MIA for a few days, just peeking in here and there.

I will also post some new pics of the girls.

Hey- has anyone seen either Jen?? Both have dropped off the board it seems. What about Lisa? Or the Loris? Does anyone remember Kirsty?? Helloooooooo??

Hey you Amercians, is your long weekend next weekend as well? Any plans??

Ali, I must update Kier's Wedding Challenge now that I am (almost) back in the land of the living! No more moves and crap like that to coordinate. I can just focus on work and fun.

Oooo speaking of fun, I have a spa date booked for my sister's b-day (wiht my other sister). the three of us are having a massage, mani and pedi for $135!!! At the Hyatt!! Woo hoo - but it's not til June 19...oh well. It's something to look forward to.
Old 05-21-2004, 11:01 AM   #4  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Belle, I lurk here every day, however I don't post anymore for several reasons. I have been debating for several weeks whether I should post, so I guess I should and let everyone know I am doing well. I started SB and lost 10 pounds in the first 2 weeks, now I am doing a mix of SB and WW and so far so good. I need the 2 week induction to get my body moving.

Congrats on the house and thanks for wondering about me.
Old 05-21-2004, 11:07 AM   #5  
Eve's Mom

Jen, Kier and Ali are both doing SB (sort of with WW as well) so you don't have to feel like you don't "belong". Variety is the spice of life. Come Back!!
Old 05-21-2004, 11:32 AM   #6  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Actually Belle, doing SB/WW was not one of the reasons I left. I mostly left because I felt as tho the threads were getting a little too cliquey for me. You see, a couple people posted that everyone was negative and that is why they won't post anymore. And even tho no names were mentioned, in a way it was like there was finger pointing. Well frankly, at 32 years old I really didn't want to get into the games and I am not like that anyway. These people do not post anymore and really only posted 1 or 2 times after that whole saga, so I found it weird.

All I want is a place I can post my triumphs and struggles, but after that it was made to feel like you aren't allowed to have struggles. Well I have them all the time and just want a little hug or pat on the back after I vent it all out.

Shewwwwwwwwww... there I got it out. I am not trying to be mean to anyone here that is posting, this is just why I left. I have been on this thread forever, so it was hard for me to leave, I guess that is why I lurk. Maybe I will come back.
Old 05-21-2004, 12:00 PM   #7  
Proud Canadian

Jen - It's great to see you back! And also great that you are doing well with the SB/WW mix - it seems to be working very well for a few people. I hope you stick around - I feel bad that you felt alienated from the thread - we all have struggles - post away!!!
Belle - the spa day sounds AMAZING! What a great bonding day to get ready for the wedding.
Karen - you'll have to let us know how the wendie plan worked for you after your next WI!

Well I was planning a lazy weekend alone because my roommate has gone away for the weekend - then I got called in to work tonight. But I've decided I will ride my bike to WI tomorrow just for the **** of it. (it's not that far but I haven't ridden my bike in a LONG time) and then the rest of my weekend will be lazy - I may even rent a few movies for Saturday all alone at my house (which may sound a little pathetic but to me it sounds like heaven) - what is everyone else planning?

KT
Old 05-21-2004, 12:04 PM   #8  
Running Babe

I have the day off... my weight-loss has slowed down and I guess I have accepted the last 15lbs will be slow, but that's okay... I figure it this way, I am preparing a way to eat for life, to maintain

Belle: I am heading to Toronto!! I am looking forward to it!

Lori: Welcome

Jen: hi there, check your PMs!

Karen: 35 is not too bad, yes, I am happy the flames made it too

Cheers!

Ali
Old 05-21-2004, 12:05 PM   #9  
Running Babe

KT: sometimes being alone is a huge treat! Enjoy it

Cheers!

Ali
Old 05-21-2004, 01:11 PM   #10  

is everyone from canada? holy moly. should i convert? its beautiful up there, i have been a few times to toronto.

i think i have carpal tunnel synddrome from this damn computer keyboard. lets start a WW carpal tunnel syndrome helpline. caller: "help! my fingers dont work and i've already eaten 20 points today!" operator: *urgent tone* "i suggest using FlexPoints to the max. you're in dire need of a hot fudge sundae and a day off. Stat"

sorry...its friday...thats my excuse. i'm actually kind of enjoying this point system...it makes me feel like i'm doing something right. does that make sense?

lookin forward to chattin' with all you girls. anyone have fantabulous long weekend plans? last time i was in jersey, my boyfriend's mother walked up to me and shook her finger in my face, saying "you kids better be here mem day weekend, its aunt barbara's birthday!!" and...well...since i have no idea WHO aunt barbara is....um...i guess MY weekend will be interesting, lol.
Old 05-21-2004, 01:15 PM   #11  

SweaterGirl: sounds like you've accomplished great things - i realize i'm new here - but i wouldn't sound down about accepting gradual weight loss...you've done lots already...congratulations..

KT: movies all day IS heaven...movies and 94% fat free popcorn, that is... so nice after a work week!
Old 05-21-2004, 02:43 PM   #12  
Running Babe

Lori: thanks, I guess the thing is is that I am still up from where I was a while ago... But I figure this way it's a way I can maintain for life! What part of the US are you from? Yeah I hate it when my wrists begin to feel dead after a day of typing. Mmm hot fudge SUndaes... So what do you do?

BTW: I am in a job competition and have mad it past the first two stages. They asked my manager to fill out forms on me.... So hopefully I'll get the job... I don't want to jinx it though...

I also booked movers!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 05-21-2004, 02:56 PM   #13  
Eve's Mom

Hey Jen - I guess I must have missed that (I have been MIA on and off due to work and personal life being over-demanding) so I never noticed it was going on. I dont' really find that I can't express my struggles and I am very sorry you felt that way, because you are right, it's absolutely the whole premise behind the site in the first place. Hopefully you will come back - if the posters that made you feel bad are still here, maybe you could pm them and discuss it to clear the air? at any rate, I hope you come back!

KT - do you get paid time and a half this weekend/? Or just monday. Oh the spa day isn't for my wedding (that 's Kier that is getting married in July) this is for one sister's b-day...we have no excuse for going except that we HAVE to keep her company, of course....

Ali have fun in TO!! Wish I was visiting somewhere....but thats OK maybe next year. Oh guess what? DF's sister is moving from Yellowknife to Montreal! Yay ! So we can have an excuse to visit MOntreal a lot now. LUcky us!!

Loritl - there are 2 other Loris, Dr. Lori and the other Lori on this this board!! Popular name. There are a few of us from Canada only- Ali, KT, me....who else...someone is from Saskatchewan, but I can't remember who. At any rate, the rest are from US so don't feel outnumbered, they are just MIA right now.

Well, everyone in my office is gone but me and my boss -our company gets a half day off work, but we want to get our work done so as to not work on teh weekend. I could leave now, but DF is in a meeting and has to work all day, so I'd have to drive back for him at 5pm. I'd rather get my work done and then leave with him. Makes more sense, but its harder to get work done, I'll tell ya, when everone else is gone.

So, I thought I made a good choice for lunch (had to buy) and I got a donair - beef, pita and veggies - looked it up and it was 14 points. 14 POINTS!! Holy Dina! Ther egoes my day....guess I'll have to be SUPER good now.

Oh, and Karen, when you put context around your 35 points (ie: you only eat 18 normally, then it does seem like a lot, but for me - my target is 26 so eating 35 isn't a biggie...now 41 seems like a lot to me!! Yikes - that is scary).

OK well I better sign off, time to make the donuts...mmmmm....donuts
Old 05-21-2004, 03:36 PM   #14  
Proud Canadian

Belle - I just about peed laughing with that homer-head - very funny! I have no idea why I thought wedding when you said birthday - maybe my fingers feel like typing different words than my head wants them to - it will still be a great day! I get no time and a half - my regular job is Salary so I just get the day off with pay and I don't work my 2nd job enough to be eligible for time and a half (plus I'd only get it on the actual holiday - they're a little cheap around there)
Lori - you've reminded me to check the label on that popcorn...
Ali - Yay booking movers!! Let us know how things go with the job...

I'm going to find something healthy to eat at my desk. My boss informed me that I'm being audited next week and it's going to take the rest of the afternoon to get the files in order. It's a really bad time of year for this...

KT
Old 05-21-2004, 04:07 PM   #15  
Eve's Mom

Crappy - good luck with that auditing. I dont' get reimbursed for working this afternoon either - salaried too. But I just found out I have a bunch of $ in my pension so I was super happy about that - woo hoo baby - yeah!! 2041 here I come (retirement year).

I have never used the homer-head, so I figured....why not.

Don't eat a donair KT - it's not really healthy at all...
Closed Thread