UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-19-2004, 08:58 PM   #1  

Default Lost 3lb in 3 weeks i got 53lbs to go...

Hello 3fc buddies...

I guess as i am new to this forum, i really do not know what to say, i did join a few weeks ago and have been doing a made up diet, or one i think is what could be a diet, i have cut out chocolate, cakes, sweets, cola, (now have diet cola), i basically cut out my usual food menu, of sweet stuff, i replaced it with fish (which i hate) and steamed veggies (which i love). My problem now is i am bored, bored of diet food, and feel the need to run to the garage and get a stock of chocolate.

Worse when a patient goes home and leaves the staff chocolate, omg its like giving candy to a baby, and yes i am that baby where chocolate is concerned, i just need a friendly help with this, my family have become a nightmare, constantly reminding me how many calories in everything i see, i bought 6 yoghurts, and my sister found the receipt it said desserts 6 times on this receipt and i got nothing but grieve over this, and i just like to know how others are handling their family and friends when they know you need to diet, i have told them i can eat 1.750 calories a day...

But will they listen!

Sorry to go on abit, i can't sleep this evening, and thought i'd get online and chat...

H.
fatgirlslimH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 10:11 PM   #2  

Heya I'm a West Yorkshire girl too. Gosh, it seems like a lot of people have more problems with family wanting them to eat too much. I live with friends and they all have their own theories on what I should be doing but I think overall they're pretty good. My mum was a bit pants though when I lived at home all the time. I think the more someone tells you to diet the less you want to!

Yogurts tho! You can get them with like 45cals in they seem pretty healthy to me. Anyway this site has loads of stuff you can yell back at them.

Anyway I'm pretty useless since I'm up at 3am writing about whether if you know there is a green tree frog you need to know you know there is a frog!

Welcome anyway

Dill

dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 11:06 PM   #3  
Gym'll fix it!!

Think i've got those green tree frogs here Dill

H, does your sister think you should starve cos your on a diet? did you tell her that yogurt is diet friendly? i don't have that problem cos my family is all over there only got hubby with me and if i mention the dreaded "D" word he just rolls his eyes in the usual "yeh right" way i know what you mean about chocolate tho' its the only thing that bothers me when i'm trying to lose weight think i could just about give up anything you asked other than that! but today i was strong and resisted the klondike bars at the supermarket like a big fat choc ice with caramel and biscuit inside them Have been an today and you can be one too stick with it and if need be tell them all you're not bothering about dieting ( to get them off your back) and just come here to 'talk' to us
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 09:00 AM   #4  

Come and chat as much as you want H. Families are a nightmare and I have members of mine on the same plan.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 06:07 PM   #5  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi H

Well done on your good start! I am a bit worried that you may be a bit limiting your range of food too much - there is no way you will be able to carry on eating fish if you hate it! Like you say, you can have 1700 calories a day - so you should be able to include more variety and 'treats'. If you stick to only plain old 'diet food' such as fish, veg and yoghurt, you will struggle to stick to it long term - you've already said that you are really craving chocolate! (and I don't blame you!)

I have just spent some time working out a weekly menu - which includes all the food I like (and nothing I don't like!) and it even allows me to have chocolate or crisps once or twice a week, and a homemade pizza on a Friday night! - perhaps you could do something like this ? If you know that you are allowed a treat once or twice a week within your calorie allowance , then being 'good' the rest of the time is much easier and you will be able to sustain it in the long term.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Love Amanda xx
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote