Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-19-2004, 02:19 PM   #1  
Queen of Balance

Smile New to 3FC, looking for new buddies

[COLOR=Indigo]Hello! My name is Connie, I'm 29. I began my serious, for-real weight loss journey 2.5 years ago and I've lost 70 pounds and 70 inches. I "had" to take a break from weight loss in the middle because I needed surgery, and I ended up gaining some of the weight I had lost back. Kind of a bummer, but it motivated me to get to where I am in a way.

Without really intending to, I've been maintaining at about 213 pounds for about 2 months. I think my body and mind needed a break, a time to rebalance before continuing. Anyone else experience that?

Anyway, I'm ready to continue moving down the scale and I'd like to make some friends on this forum for support and maybe journal buddies. I'm a calorie counter (via Fitday), home/video exerciser (5-6 days a week, even during my break), and do my best to focus on veggies, fruits, lean proteins and whole grains (the less the processed, the better).

Today is Day 1 of full focus on weight loss, and so far so good! My first 2 of 5 meals today have been healthy and well-balanced and I got in a very sweaty, fun step workout.

I'm looking forward to getting to y'all!

Kindly,
Connie
HealthyConnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 02:32 PM   #2  

Hi Connie! Congratulations on the weight you already lost and welcome to the boards! I'm sure you'll find many people on here to be really supportive, encouraging, and welcoming!
A little about me-- I am 27 (tomorrow!) and I am happily married to a great guy--no kids yet! I have been struggling with my weight ever since I was a child and I have recently re-started my weight loss after having lost about 45lbs and gaining it all back and then some! I really want to be at my goal weight by my 30th birthday, so I am committed this time to really doing it right! I am counting calories, staying between 1200-1400 a day and trying to get into an excersise program that I can stick with...
So far I have lost 4lbs in about 5 days (I lose weight quickly when I'm this big!) and that has given me the motivation to keep trying and keep losing!
I am also involved in "April Chicks" in this same catagory, and you are welcome to join us...we are just a group of women, different weight and age ranges, who post regularly under that thread to motivate eachother, support, encourage, and so on...please stop in and introduce yourself when you have a chance (April Chicks #4---we start a new thread when one gets to be about 3, 4 pages)

Welcome to the board and keep posting!!
Tara
eatnothingalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 07:12 PM   #3  
Queen of Balance

Hi Tara! Nice to meet you and thanks for the reply! I'll pop my head in, so to speak, April Chick, thanks for clueing me in! hehe

Kindly,
Connie
HealthyConnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 11:30 AM   #4  

Default hey, connie

hey, connie,
you really should join us in April Chicks. lots of neat women, good support and conversation and ralphmarie gives us good recipes too.

i am 38, have been dieting, oops, i mean undergoing my lifestyle change, since 5/10 and have lost 7.5 lbs. i am 6 ft tall, former college basketball player so i have always been bigger than most women but never this big and out of shape. i started 5/10 at 195.5 and i am down to 188. i have started exercising regularly, alternating the elliptical machine at the gym and walking my pit bulldog (hubby walks him everyday, with me it is a bonus).

Suprisingly enough, my husband has been supportive of my efforts (often he just gets down on me and criticizes). he has never had a weight problem and has a flaming metabolism.

hope to see you in April Chicks, Connie!

have a great day
NancyDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 07:42 PM   #5  

Hello Connie and welcome to 3FC,

I am new to this forum also so we're baisicly on the same stees. Feel free to share any new things that can kick the weight loss to new level.

Jamal
Jamal249 is offline   Reply With Quote