Old 05-18-2004, 05:57 PM   #1  
Somethin's gotta give

Default A weird question....

and sorta gross...I kept thinking something was wrong with my dryer...sometimes if the air outlet gets too much lint in it, it will collect mositure and then on really hot days, the clothes in the dryer will mildew WHILE they are drying....make sense?....well, the first thing I do when I come home everyday is take my makeup off with a wash cloth.....I kept telling Dale that the dryer was messed up again....everytime I wet a cloth and started to wash my face I could smell this weird smell...I thought it was mildew...but he said his cloths NEVER smelled like that....last night in the tub it happened again and I realized it was that weird coppery smell...coming from ME!....so my question is...does anyone else have this weird smell come out in their skin?
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 06:06 PM   #2  
Head Princess

Ketosis, baby, ketosis. Those little ketone bodies get expelled any way our bodies can get rid of them: breath, saliva, urine, sweat......

no worries
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 06:07 PM   #3  
Baby Steps

OH yah!! Welcome to my world. Most of it comes from my armpits. But occassionally the whole body gets this funky smell. I've been wearing a LOT of body spray to cover it up.
You're burning fat
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 08:08 PM   #4  
Somethin's gotta give

*does the fat burning dance* ....hasnt worked its way to the underarms.....yet * does the sign of the evil eye and poopoopoo spit*
BUT.....just wondering whether others can smell it...Dale says he doesnt BUT.....just to be sure...I actually stopped off and got some * so not me* VANILLA body spray....he loves anything vanilla but me...not so much...however my girls at school wear this kind and it smells like vanilla cake...or frosting...so hopefully now Ive masked the stench that IS me.
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 10:05 PM   #5  
Baby Steps

I'm waiting for the wicked witch boss to complain about my perfume...to which I can tell her she can either enjoy the smell of perfume or body odor....SO not her choice
The only time anyone can "smell me" is if I lift my arms and wave them. So no cheerleading for me
Old 05-19-2004, 08:30 AM   #6  

ok, this hasn't happened to me........and I have never turned that stupid stick a dark color either! What does that mean?
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 08:39 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

Just means your body reacts different than ours (either that or you're actually not peeing on the stick )
Old 05-19-2004, 08:58 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

You know if you feel funky during the day just bring some sented baby wipes w/you to work and in the afternoon go into the ladies room and freshen up. The sented ones smell nice, also how about some powder, baby, use cornstarch (not talc). I've read that women should not use talc, its finer and goes into areas of the body (below) and that could cause problems. So baby wipes and corn starch powder.

I don't think I ever got the body odor problem but definitly the nasty breath, the mornings are killers
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 09:33 AM   #9  
The Princess O' Pets

Heee heee heee you'll be stinky but you'll be skinny!! hahahaha
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 03:22 PM   #10  
Baby Steps