Old 05-18-2004, 08:24 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Tuesday 5/18

Well, today doesn't look any better than yesterday. Youngest DD is still not feeling well so it's off to the doctor today to find out why. Probably just allergies...but no OTC stuff I've given her helps make her feel better. I need a personal trainer. One that's going to come into my house, get me off my fluffybutt and say "get moving. Exercise." I think that's the only way I'll actually do it. I get good intentions but never follow through. I'd like to exercise for 2 solid weeks (and stay OP while I'm doing it) to see what would happen. But I KNOW for a fact it won't happen. I'm a lazy slug.
Hmm..I've got the blues I noticed. Where'd they come from?
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 08:38 AM   #2  

Brenda: So sorry you are feeling blue. What happened....you usually are pretty upbeat. I'm sure it doesn't help to have a child at home not well. I hope she feels better soon too.

Went shopping last night....got another pair of 12's WOOHOO. It is so nice to be able to go right to that size and not have to grab 2 sizes of everything. If the 12's don't fit now I just don't get them. Next time it is going to be a 10!!!!!!!

I feel a WOOSH coming on. I don't know why just do. I am PMS'ing this week and it has been a couple of weeks since I had a loss. I will check on Friday to see how this week went....Sorry Shimma....I have to check at least once a week

Eating plan is good today. Don't know what I am having for dinner....dh has a meeting so I am on my own. Maybe just a salad. Had some broccoli again last night. Decided I just love that stuff...so sweet. Over cooked it a little but still was good. DH likes his veggies more done than I do. This will be a battle.

Rachel: Not sure you will check in today or not but in case you do....where are you in Boston? I live in MA too.

Well have a great day all. Will check in later.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 08:41 AM   #3  
Total Sass Bucket

Morning Chickies

Last night my BF and I got into a cooking frenzy. It all started with the brats that he wanted to cook for the week. So we fired up the grill and I got to thinking that I should try that mock applesauce made from jicama. So, I started that up in the kitchen. The brats got done, he did some homework..... I got bored... so I started making some LC chili as well. The jicama didn't EVER get soft like I thought it was going to and believe me, I boiled it for HOURS. So I called the BF out and we stuck it in the blender. The stuff tastes AMAZINGLY like real applesauce, there's just a different texture to it. Meanwhile the chili had turned out weak and I was out of chili powder so he and I were trying to figure out what to put in it.... we settled on taco sauce.... which actually brought all the flavors out very nicely. YUM! Add that to the roast I made so we could eat it for dinner tonight (we're both gonna get home late) and I was in the kitchen the ENTIRE night.
I had the strangest dream last night that I was pregnant and had a baby. It was the most precious thing in the entire world. Woke up this morning... and got depressed cause I didn't have a baby! Now... I am NOT the type to be pining away for a baby. I go back and forth on whether or not I want kids! So this depression is throwing me..... cause it's just sooooooooooo not like me. Please tell me it's just one of those girl things, cause I sure would hate to be goin crazy right now.
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 08:46 AM   #4  

Shimma: I have known my whole adult life that kids where not for me. But I had a very vivid dream one night about having a baby too. I still remember the feeling when I woke up. Just like you, I was upset that I didn't have the baby. It was weird. I didn't analyze it too much...I just enjoyed the dream. Never thought it meant that I was supposed to have kids or anything.

Where do you get these jicama's? I want to try that applesauce!
Old 05-18-2004, 08:50 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

Did great eating yesterday but need to be better on the water. Does anyone know if Crystal Light counts as your water ? I'm not sure but I heard for WW it does?

Rhonda....I used to have many many dreams about having babies. My dreams finally came true 2 1/2 years ago when the time is right you will know, your young, don't rush, enjoy life.

Brenda I want your trainer when your done, but I want a mute trainer that will serve me pina coladas while sitting in my lounge chair by the pool, oh and his name is Sven

Jane, I'm so happy your into 12's, I would love to just hit 14's, that would be a miracle for me. Bet you look fabo'

Nothing much happening today, sosdd. I'm thinking lunch time going to the store and buying a badmitten set for my yard, I also need another monitor for dd. The one I have has so much static it isn't funny, or I might just stay in since its foggy and rainy out...decisions decisions

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Love Yah's ~
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 08:54 AM   #6  

Morning Leenie: Badmitten counts as exercise you know!!!! That would be fun. We are having some rain today too....warm but wet!
Old 05-18-2004, 08:57 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Here to Jane, warm, icky and humid, NOT a good hair day for sure. Did I say I was going to play badmitten??? just joshin, well doesn't running to the store count as exercise......Brenda? help me on this one haaaaaaaaaaaa !! sorry I feel silly today, even w/my hair all weighted down from the humitidy, I look like something the cat draged in.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 09:02 AM   #8  

Silly me......The badmitten set is just a decoy! I see.....you just want the neighbors to think you are an active family! Ingenious!!!!
Old 05-18-2004, 09:17 AM   #9  
Somethin's gotta give

Well, I can see you all are out of control already today! Girls gone wild! WOOT!

Brenda~You need yourself a good helping of motivation....maybe some of these monthly challenges could be....uh...sweetened a little- when I was losing weight with some of the teachers I worked with, we got a scale put in the ladies lounge, then each month everyone kicked in 5$...at the end of the month whoever lost the most got the money!

Jane~^5 on the 12's! .....hey, I see you eyein those 10's....

Rhonda~ I had that dream one time...really vivid and real- the next month I was pregnant....but not with the little boy I dreamed about- a girl!

Leenie~ Sven....oh my my yes...and dont forget he loves to give foot rubs too...

feel much better today....now I ve got to figure out how to deal with next weeks cake tasting....any ideas?

have a great day chicas
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 09:20 AM   #10  
Baby Steps

OH yah....going to the store is DEFINITELY an exercise in itself!! I'm not sure what's w/the blues. Maybe cuz I gained the pound back? Cuz I'm stumped (well, if you don't count the exercise thing) on why I'm not able to lose at least a pound every OTHER week? I'm usually OP so this is got me stumped. Add to that I need clothes but have no $$ to get them. The jeans I'm in now are 12's...but they're baggier than a garbage bag. Surprised they haven't fallen off. They're the kind that the waist is actually smaller than the rest. So the waist fits but the rest looks dorky. Ok. I'm on hold waiting to get the daughter into the doc. This is stupid! Whatever happened to when you're sick being able to get IN to see them? Stupid out for money. Sorry. I best shut up now.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:20 AM   #11  
Baby Steps

oh..someone told me that crystal light doesn't count towards water intake. I thought that stunk
Old 05-18-2004, 09:30 AM   #12  

Brenda, Brenda, Brenda, don't make me come all the way out there and smack you! If I averaged out the weight I have lost since Sept then I haven't even done 1 pound a week! I try not to think about it. I just figure when I get there I get there. I don't exercise much either so I understand...but you are more faithful than me. In fact when I read that you are exercising today I feel like a slug because I am not. So there. You see....you inspire me to get off me butt and move. Course I wish that shopping was considered an aerobic exercise then I would be all set!
Old 05-18-2004, 09:31 AM   #13  

Marie: Are you at work already!!!!!! It is only 6:30 in your part of the world.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:34 AM   #14  
Total Sass Bucket

Well well well... I see we're all fired up this Tuesday morn.

Jane: The jicama was in the "mexican" section of my store's produce section. You know, that little area, over by the organic section that has the corn husks and some other little oddities that I can't figure out? I looked up a picture of one and then went to the store to seek one out. It didn't take me long.

Leenie: Trust me, I'm in no hurry to have a baby on my hands! I was actually kind of freaking out that my subconscious was trying to tell me I'm pregnant.... because in the dream I actually said to my BF how disappointed I was in myself that I got pregnant before I was married. UGH! However, it's currently that TOM so I KNOW I"m not pregnant.... just freaky... and like I said before I have that depressed empty feeling. Of course I also had the baby at work and was trying to work while taking care of it... No thanks!
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 10:46 AM   #15  
The Princess O' Pets

HI ladies just jumpin in quick to say HI from work!! I will have to do personals later.

Heee heee heee Shimma I had that dream and I have 2 kids, I know that dream exactly it is just natures way of getting you ready for when the time comes.
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote