Old 05-17-2004, 11:17 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Arrow Chit Chat # 48

WELCOME to the Jaded Ladies!

This is a very warm and friendly group of ladies who talk about everything. Who also provide daily support in our everyday lives, as well as our walk towards a healthier lifestyle.

We would love for you to join us!

Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 11:32 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

It's getting late in my neck of the woods, but this is the first chance I've had this evening to check in.

Rita - try a little Miracle grow on your seeds. That stuff really helps in poor soil - I had to use it when we lived in town and my whole front yard was fill dirt.

RosieKate - I do WW at home, which is similar to on-line WW. Once you get your stuff, you're set. There are places you can go to know what the meeting topic was and you can get your encouragement here! Just a thought. Personally, I have never been as successful with weight loss before, except once when I was in my 20's and so in love I couldn't eat, lol. That's a whole other topic for a whole other thread, lol.

Sue - awww, how sweet of your DH to compliment you! Makes you feel so good, doesn't it? When Neal hugs me now, he comments how there is less of me to love now, lol. I love it!

Marti - That job would be a good one, I think! And you have a good personality to work with the pubic. Good luck!

Susan - I too have to start doing some kind of exercise. I just found out that I can get a membership to the gym at VU for $35.00 a year by being faculty's wife! How cool it that? Supposedly, they have real modern equipment and everything. I am going to check it out soon.

Angie - where are you? Don't make me come after you, lol.

Hi to Cristi, Kathy, KatieCat, Shanna and anyone else I may have forgotten.

Well, I'll be busy with 5 y/o Mackenzie Jo tomorrow while her parents are in Indianapolis, and I'm looking forward to that.

I got my hair cut again today, and it's pretty short once again, but not buzzed.

Toodles,
Jana
Old 05-18-2004, 09:22 AM   #3  
GmaTo8

OMG, they say it comes in 3's... my niece's husband was killed in a mining accident this morning. You know how I talk to my sister Maggie every Saturday morning? This is her is her daughter Jennifer's husband. He was 30ish. Something humongous fell on him and crushed him. I was at her house when she woke up the kids (10 y/o girl, 7 y/o boy) and told them. I will never forget the sounds they made.....

Please pray that Jennifer and the kids get through this somehow.

Jana

PS I'm starting to get paranoid about answering the phone......
Old 05-18-2004, 10:09 AM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Oh Jana!!!!

So sorry to hear about all that is going on!!! My prayers are with your family!! I can't even begin to imagine the kids reaction, poor babies.....

I will be thinking of you all.......

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 10:18 AM   #5  
a work in progress

Oh Jana! How very, very sad. I am praying for your whole family right now, especially Jennifer and her two kids.

Don't be afraid to answer the phone. Everyone here has a specific time allotted here on earth, and no one knows how long that time is for each person, or why. I sure have a lot of questions for God, you know? Some people like my grandma live until they are so old that they are hurting all the time and have no joy left in life, and wish for years that God would take them away from this. Others seem so young and healthy and full of life, and can die suddenly in an accident. Those are the hardest, because the people who loved them are left behind and miss them so much, and were totally unprepared to lose them. I guess that's why they say to live every single day like it's your last one because you just never know...and never pass up the opportunity to tell someone you love them.

Anyway, hon, just know that your family is and will be in our thoughts and prayers...

Hugs,
Katie
Katiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 11:08 AM   #6  
RosieKate

Oh Jana - I am so sorry for your family's losses. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family during this especially difficult time. Katiecat said well, as I have lost loved ones suddenly and due to lingering illnesses - it's hard for those left behind who are unprepared no matter how it happens. Just try to focus on your niece and those precious children - give each other lots of love right now.
Katy
Old 05-18-2004, 02:16 PM   #7  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Ladies~

I was going to do individuals and try to catch up but with Jana's news it is kind of hard to concentrate-brings back sooo much. My kids were 10 (a month from being 11), 9 1/2, and 7 1/2 when their father was killed, also crushed to death, by an earthmover at the hands of another-so sad and I feel for your niece Jana, and the kids. My kids were so shocked when I told them, it didn't hit them at first, not till days later, almost a month. Actually, after everyone was gone was when it really hit all of us. Anyway...

(((((((HUGS))))))) to you and your family Jana. It is so very hard losing a loved one and my heart goes out to you all. Please know you all are in our thoughts and prayers.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 02:41 PM   #8  
RAR

HI! everyone hope you all are having a great day!!!!!!!! Jana thanks for the info on miracle grow I have used it in the past need to start again so sorry to hear about the death my prayers are with you and family at this time hang in there !!!!!!! Rita
RAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 12:48 AM   #9  
kitty Momo

What a terrible loss Jana. I am so sad for your niece and the children.

Feeling sad for you Crsiti- what a horrible thing to lose a spouse and have to carry on alone with little ones.

Many prayers for your family Jana-
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 08:11 AM   #10  
GmaTo8

Thank you Cristi for sharing about your kids' father - that had to be hard, and thank you to everyone for all your comforting words.

I am much better today because the kids are better. They are very very sad, of course, and the little one is worried his momma will die, too, but still, they are better. I'm going to go get them after while and take them to Walmart to get some movies and stuff to help them take their minds off of it for a little while.

Meantime, I was going to mention it before all this happened, I have found a really big source of recipes at www.recipesource.com that I wanted to share with you ladies. These are not necessarily healthy, but could be adjusted. They have them broken down into catagories so be sure to scroll all the way down to Miscellaneous. There are even recipes for bizarre stuff, copycat recipes, and beauty, lol. I was interested in the diabetic ones since they are more points-friendly.

I will be leaving real early in the morning to go to the funeral that is in central Illinois, but will check in when I can. I always feel better after I've been here.

Jana
Old 05-19-2004, 09:11 AM   #11  
self portrait

Default Hi ya'all

Hello everybody,
I know it has been a while since I have posted, but I am been so busy and so tired with the the new job( just started on the night shift this week) that I haven't been on here very much. Plus, I really don't have much to say and I hate to keep repeating the same old boring depressing whining over and over again. Lately I am so depressed and sad that it is hard to keepup a good front, but I manage somehow because I am one of those people that buries.

Jana: My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. I know how tough tragedies can be. My grandma!ma! passed away almost three years ago ( she died 4 days after my birthday) and I still can't get over it. I don't think I ever will, she was so special to me and I can't let go. I do believe that I have a after life connection with her and she watches over me since I only smell her perfume when I think of her or need her. Anywho, I know how hard lossing someone is. Big hugs sent your way and your families way.
Marti: good vibes sent your way hon for school going well and for missing James. We need to get together sometime. Say, I think they might still be looking to fill positions at my job, PFCU, if you were interested. Of course you would not have ot work my shift. hee hee. Not many people on that shift, but I don't mind it. Anywho, were is that picture of those new kitties missy!!!!!!!!
Susan: you and Jana are my idols for weightloss. Send dome of those vibes my way so i can not be so fat and ugly down here. I need to make myself feel better somehow.
Hi to all the others I missed, my head is getting very heavy now, I have been up since 4:00 pm yesterday. Ugghhh, I have to wait two more hours before I can go to bed and wake up my sweetie. Help!!!!!
Chow for now.
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 11:45 AM   #12  
RosieKate

Good morning!
((((Jana)))) keep coming here for hugs from your cyber-pals. We're all thinking about you. Thanks for the perspective on WW. I spent some time poking around online at different programs yesterday. WW looks, good, but I'm hesitant to shell out the $$ right now. I'm still clinging to the idea that I can jumpstart myself, but if I can't, I'll probably do a 3 month online WW trial and see how it goes.

FYI - to anyone who might be interested. As I was poking around yesterday, I checked out the nutrisystem online program. 2 things to pass on: 1) looks like all the online stuff is free - they make their money on the prepackaged food. 2) One of the features is the Virtual Model, which I found both fascinating and horrifying. You put in all your body info and it produces a virtual image of YOU! The horrifying part is - surprise - I don't really like how I look in a bathing suit right now. The encouraging part is there is a comparison function. You can have a model of you at your highest weight next to models of you at your current and at your goal weight. I liked that part - helps me keep my eyes on the prize!

Shanna - Chin up, girl! changes in schedules can wreak havoc with your peace of mind. Hang in there and be good to yourself!

Marti - Did you apply for the job? Great that it is so close to your house. I hope you get it.

Susan - thanks for the pictures - you and your girls are gorgeous! What a sweet little family. Your Gaby has the prettiest blue eyes!

To everyone else - have a great day!
RK
Old 05-19-2004, 02:29 PM   #13  
One day at a time

Jana~my kids did the same, poor things, worried I was going to die among other things. Carrie was the one that asked me. I wouldn't lie to them and told them that "Yes I am going to die one day, we all will. I just don't know when. I hope it's not for a very long time." Bless her heart, she also asked me if I was going to get married again. Why a kid would think that so soon after I'll never know. I remember growing up and not being able to go to my grandma's funeral, and no one talked about her dying which was stupid becasuse we watched her slowly die. They always sugar coated things and I refused to do that. If the kids asked me questions I answered them truthfully. Anyway, it's good you are keeping the kids busy, they need that so their mom can have some alone time to sort through things. It's going to be hard but I know in my heart they will be fine. If Jennifer has a hard time talking to them about the death Jana, there are some good books out there. That is what helped me get through things. I didn't have anyone that could relate to what I was going through so I bought a bunch of books that were written by widows. The kids were also curious about dying so I got some that explained it in a way they could understand. Of course now they have all kinds of groups and such to help you deal with it. Well, they did back then to, I just felt odd sharing with strangers, and the first year anytime I mentioned him or someone else did I couldn't keep from crying. Hugs to you all, I will be thinking of you all.

Shanna~good to see you posting. I must say something about something you said about your grandma. You said "You still can't get over it." I had so many people tell me to get over it, how did you get over it, etc. I don't believe one ever truly 'gets over' it-you learn how to deal with the pain and the loss but you never 'get over' the loss of a loved one. That saying "Time heals all" is so true. I also believe to that our loved ones are always with us, in spirit and in our hearts. I had that connection you are talking about with the kids dad-one day I will share some stories with you all. Anyway, sorry but just had to say that.

RosieKate~I am going to check our the nutrisystem site. The virtual model sounds interesting.

Susan~it was hard raising three little ones, really hard sometimes. Of course sometimes I think they hated me because I became so very over protective. I was over protective to begin with but when that happened I was 100 times worse. But it also worked both ways-if I was late picking them up it scared them to death. But we made it and I guess I did an okay job.

Marti~hope you are doing fine with James being gone. He'll be back before ya know it. How is school going? Did you ace the test?

Hi to everyone else!

Well, today was grocery day-Wal-Mart Wednesday! Boy did I do some damage! I knew I was out of a lot of things but geez. And it is HOT out there today. Supposed to get up to 90 but when you are moving around in the heat it sure seems hotter. Makes you wonder how I ever lived in the desert. Going to go tan later. Have been going for almost two weeks now and I don't look too tan. Of course with my old white self...LOL I don't want to get too dark-so afraid of getting skin cancer in those things. Anywho...hope everyone is having a good day. See ya later ladies
Old 05-19-2004, 03:04 PM   #14  

Height: 5'1"

Afternoon ladies--

Just got back from school...made a quick stop to see grandpa but he wasn't home so I stopped in at Walmart and bought some envelopes for my resumes.....not the same color but what are you going to do? (think that'll matter really?)

I didn't stop in at the hotel,,,,,I drove into the parking lot and then drove out...something made me not want to go in, so I went with that instinct and went home. (strange isn't it?) I got online and found two job openings that I'm interested in. So I'm mailing my resumes today. We'll see what happens. Its for a Toxology assistant and and Speciman assistant...or something like that! Not much required but some computer skills and a high school diploma. I think I can do that.

Ok...got the test back from Accounting....first she put the scores up and there were a few D's and F's up there and I was just sure that I was among one of the two...but I wasn't. I got a C.....and I was just sooooo excited with that. Considering I was so UNPREPARED for the test to begin with! I got an A in my Adv. Word test.....didn't study for that either! (what's wrong with me?) And a B in my math. I'm auditing my records management. I missed 2 classes and I am soooooooo far behind and I'm not able to catch up and it's just stressing me out. So, to concentrate on the classes that I am doing well in, I'm auditting!! Going to be a relief!!

Jana--Hope your family is alright. I know they won't be alright for some time, but I hope they know they have lots of people praying and thinking of them.

Shanna--I will have to get on it with the photo of the kitties....I've been swamped with homework! But I promise I will get them to ya! I went to Albany yesterday to see James. Actually he wanted me to see a car that he was thinking of buying.....he sounded so hesitant that I finally told him that if he doesn't feel comfortable now, to wait....he'll find another one in 6mos or so and our saving account should have more in it! (hopefully anyway)

RosieKate--I will have to check out that site also. Anything to help that would be free would be great! I actually had a very depressing morning yesterday......I woke up in tears!! So utterly disappointed in my willpower,....or lack of, to get myself into shape. My weight is going up rather than down!! Need to snap out of it!

Cristi--Sounds like it's almost TOO hot over there! 90's? Anything above 80 gets too warm for me.....I'm a wimp. I like 70 degree weather. Very comfortable.

Well ladies....I need to mail off my resume's.....gotta get my butt in gear. I think I'm slipping into a little depression.....I will have to talk about that later. I'm having a hard time dealing with everything and I just get all weepy. Probably good that James isn't home to see it all!

Take Care girls

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 10:49 PM   #15  
One day at a time

Hi ladies, just checking for a few minutes to see what's up, if anything.

Jana~thinking a lot of you and your family. Thoughts and prayers with you all tomorrow. I did make reservations today, just to let ya know. I was going to wait to tell ya in an e-mail because I know there is so much going on with you and your family right now. But I am excited. I will email you in a few days. I will call next week some time once things around your house have calmed a little.

Marti~I didn't realize James was close enough that you could visit him. For some reason I thought he was a few hundred miles away. I can't keep things straight. I know what you mean about the job, it is strange but I have done the same thing, a few times! I have pulled in some place, turned the car off, sat there for a few minutes and then left. Not sure why. Guess like you, it didn't feel right. Glad you passed the test and did well in the other classes also. Keeping my fingers crossed that you find the perfect job for ya.

Not much going on with me. Did some laundry this evening, read the paper, a magazine-wanted to do something different so surfing around on the net. I guess I am putting off my letter writing. Need to write a couple and send a few cards. So...I guess I have put it off long enough. Take care ladies. See ya tomorrow.