Old 05-16-2004, 08:24 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Week Of 5/16

Happy Sunday All!!

Hope everyone's having a great weekend! We've been out enjoying the weather. Went garage saling by IL's yesterday, but couldn't look much, Peter fell asleep in the car and I was by myself, and I didn't want to wake him up to get him in and out at each stop. Came home and hung out outside, there was a nice breeze even though it was hot.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 08:28 AM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default Week of ***May 16***

Good Morning All!!

My boy is walking!! Just a few steps but still, he's walking. Yeah!!! He's so cute when he does it...he knows he is doing something special. He just gets this huge grin and then starts giggling. We even got it on video!!

I think AF is coming back. I have been so crampy for the past couple of days. I'm glad she's making an appearance, but after almost two years it's gonna be hard to get used to it again.

Jack: How is your mom? You and your family are in my prayers.

RR: How are you?

Rabbit: Great loss!! Enjoy the visit with DS.

Lauren: How are things in your neck of the woods?

2B: Hope things are well with you.

Hope ya'll are having a nice sleep in this morning.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 09:52 AM   #3  
LBH

Hey Karen,

You started a new thread a couple minutes after I did, so I just merged them together!

YEAH ALEX!!!! (God help mom and dad!!) I can just picture the smile!! As for AF coming back, isn't it convenient that she may be coming back just as you guys decided to have another?! My first PP AF was very light and only lasted a few days. The next couple were horrible...thought I was hemmoraging!! They seemed to have evened out now though. They're pretty much the same as they were before I got PG w/Peter...except that now I tend to get some cramps, which I never had before. Of course I'm exstatic at the prospect of not seeing her again for a good year or so! (She came back 7 mo. PP for me).
Old 05-16-2004, 10:33 AM   #4  

Happy Sunday to you all..................................

Sorry to be MIA. My mom is still in the hospital. She is up one day and down the next. One minute I think she will make it and the next I think she won't. It is so emotionally draining. Personally, I don't know how she can last very long with what I see. He stomach continues to get bigger with fluid, and they were going to drain the fluid but then decided that if they did, she could go into kidney failure. One of the doctors came in yesterday morning and told her it might be time to consider hospice. Although he is probably right, I wished he would have waited and not told her by herself. However, I don't know the procedures and what they have to do when it comes to telling someone this. Anyways, I am just taking it one day at a time and trying to prepare myself for what may happen. I think DH, DS & I are planning to go see her if she goes home from the hospital. I will keep you all posted.

Karen: How exciting about Alex walking. I bet he is so cute when he does it. Good luck with the return of AF. Congrats on wanting to have another baby. I wish you a healthy pregnancy. Keep us posted on things.

Lauren: Hope you are having a good day

Rabbit: I think I read that you had a loss! Congrats!

2B: Hello

RR: I am thinking of you and hope you are doing okay.

I read all the posts but can't remember what everyone said to respond. Hello to anyone I missed.

Jackie

PS: DS graduates from 5th grade this Thursday night. It seems like he was just graduating from pre-k to kindergarting yesterday. Where does the time go? I am excited and can't wait to see him all dressed up on stage. We have got to go shopping today for something for him to wear. Wish me luck!
JackBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 08:00 AM   #5  

Happy Monday everyone. Well tomorrow is my last day at my job....thank God. I have been unhappy here for a while so the weight off my shoulders is great. And I don't start my new job until next Monday so I have a few days to relax (which probably means painting my living room). Anyway......

I hope everyone is doing well........take care
2bThin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 08:34 AM   #6  

Last edited by KarenK; 05-17-2004 at 08:39 AM. Reason: I guess he did get something posted!! See below!! ROFL.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:38 AM   #7  

Good Morning!!

Since we started trying to get Alex to bed at a regular time (not that he actually goes to sleep!! Last night it was 10 before I got him to go down.), he is getting up with the birds. Sometimes I can nurse him and get him to stay longer, not today. We were up before 7. Thank goodness I went to sleep around 10:30 so I'm not a complete zombie!!

Laruen: How light was light? I'm talking drops here. Which is sorta scary cause you know what goes through my mind!! I mean, I want more but we aren't trying yet!! This boy is into everything even without walking. I'm going to have to start hanging everything I don't want him into from the ceiling. He uses his new scooter to climb on to reach stuff. He climbs any and everything. Sigh. I need 14 hands sometimes.

OK, not a good idea to leave the room momentarily. I decided to run a stinky diaper to the trash cans since the garbage men haven't come yet. I came back in to find him on the scooter at my compter. I was typing in the quick reply window and now I'm in the regular reply window. Apparently he was trying to post because I had the warning about only being able to post once every 30 seconds up!! LOL. Sigh!!

Jack: Hope your mom is feeling better today. Did you find an outfit for graduation? 5th grade hmmm. Wow.

2b: Glad you are getting a fun new job. Hope you have fun on your days off.

OK, gotta go!! Have a super day!!
Old 05-17-2004, 01:13 PM   #8  
LBH

Oh Karen, YES, you will need to start nailing things down, or hanging them!! Too funny about the post!! Yes, light is light, like spotting. That seemed to be the general consenses (sp) among the other girls on that board.

Hi 2B, hope the new job is a lot better!!

Jackie, I'm sorry you have to be on such an emotional roller coaster. Have fun at DS' graduation!!
Old 05-17-2004, 03:38 PM   #9  

hello! We had a fun and busy weekend. I guess I'm trying to cram everything in while ds is home.! We are planning to go shopping again for work clothes, see the movie "Troy" and play lots of tennis. We have a lesson together tomorrow, that should be fun.

yikes! Less than 2 weeks until my 25th class reunion! I have not lost as much as I wanted, but am so happy with my progress. I've got to go buy new clothes for the parties.

Karen - cool that ds is walking!

Jackie - thanks for the update on your mom. You all remain in my prayers. ~ Yes, I had a loss and thanks for the congrats.

2b - enjoy the time off!

RR - thinking of you still and hoping all is well.

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 03:48 PM   #10  
LBH

Ooo Rabbit, you must buy something sexy!!!! And don't forget to post pics!!!
Old 05-17-2004, 05:24 PM   #11  

Good afternoon all.................................

Thanks for the words regarding my mom. Things are about like last time, no change, good or bad. However, that can change at any given moment.

I wanted to tell you all that we found DS an outfit for his graduation. He got a black suit with a white short sleeve oxford shirt and a black tie. I must say he looks very handsome too...... It was so cute in the dressing room with him prancing around in his sock feet in the suit. He thought he was something else. Of course it wasn't cheap either!!!!! Can't believe he is halfway thru school, in 6 years he will be doing the real thing. Okay I have 6 years to prepare for that!

Alex: Pop in whenever Mom will let you and say Hi to all of us.

Karen: That was way to cute. Hope you guys are having a good afternoon.

2B: Enjoy your time off. Good luck with painting your living room.

Rabbit: Glad to see you. How exciting to buy some new clothes, you truly deserve it.

RR: Hello, post soon if you can and let us know how things are going.

Well I need to get off here before DH gets home so I can get dinner ready.

Jackie
Old 05-17-2004, 05:36 PM   #12  

OK, here's my guy taking a quick stroll. He gets so excited he's practically running by the time he gets to me.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:37 PM   #13  
LBH

Karen, Look at him go!!! I love it when they get soo excited like that!!

Jackie, you have to take a pic of DS in his suit and post it!!
Old 05-17-2004, 09:07 PM   #14  

Hey Lauren: That's a great idea. I will get the digital camera from work and see what I can do. If you get a chance can you PM me an email address I can forward to you so that you can post?

Karen: Cute picture of Alex walking

Just found out that my mom is going home tomorrow under Hospice care. Not sure what all is going to happen from there. I will keep you all posted.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:37 PM   #15  
LBH

Jackie, PM'd you.

RR, how are you??? Hope you're not still getting sick.