South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 03:53 PM   #1  
GardenGirl

Smile Still Hungry

Hi!

Just found this site today and it is great!
My DH and I are doing SB together. We are on day 5 of Phase 1 and hungry, hungry, hungry! We were MAJOR junk food people, eating lots of fast food and pizza at least 2 times a week.

I am following the plan, but I am hungry almost all the time.
Last night I ate a grilled chicken breast, salad (about 2 cups), and broccoli and within 30 minutes felt hungry again. Does this get any better? Why do I think I'm hungry? I'm eating about the same amount of food.

On the up side we are loosing weight!
Old 05-14-2004, 04:08 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Hi! Welcome to the Beach!
Are you drinking LOTS of water? How about your snacks? You need to have planned snacks...
Old 05-14-2004, 04:13 PM   #3  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

Welcome to SBD!! That's great that you are your hubby are doing it together, I still have to deal with the occasional fast food hamburger and fries here!

Ellis is right about the water and making sure you eat planned snacks. It has really helped me. I eat about every 2-3 hours. The hunger is subsiding and I am on day three. Good luck to you and let us know how you are doing
Old 05-14-2004, 04:26 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to The Beach! Remember that legumes are allowed (and encouraged) on Phase I. A bowl of bean soup, some chili, bean salad or roasted chick peas will help.
Old 05-14-2004, 04:37 PM   #5  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

Ruth, I love legumes but don't know how much would be a portion. I haven't read the whole book but I am a little confused about portion sizes, I know my body is supposed to tell me when I am full but I feel like I should still watch my portions.
Old 05-14-2004, 04:52 PM   #6  
GardenGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis
Hi! Welcome to the Beach!
Are you drinking LOTS of water? How about your snacks? You need to have planned snacks...
Yes, I'm drinking lots of water, though I should probably do more. Usually 6 - 8 glasses a day. It's all I'm drinking. Before the plan I drank skim milk all the time, 2 -3 glasses a day. It's probably the only thing I love that is healthy!
It wasn't in the book, but I saw it in the lastest food list that was posted so I will start drinking it again
Old 05-14-2004, 05:09 PM   #7  
I found my hipbones!

Try not to get too freaked out about portion sizes. The only portions I have actually measured on this diet have been nuts for snacks and the amount of cheese I put in salads or omelets. Some days I even have 2 afternoon snacks. Otherwise, I just eat until I'm full, and the scale has continued to go down consistently every week since mid-January. Hunger is the diet-killer, so be sure to fill up!
Old 05-17-2004, 11:04 AM   #8  
GardenGirl

Default thanks to all, much better!

Thanks to all of your for your support! I had a great weekend, spent a lot of time planting a vegetable garden, rose bushes and annuals and went for a walk with DH. I hardly was hungry at all, except right before dinner.

I think the important thing is to just eat the meals and the snacks and then keep busy so I don't have time to think about food.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:14 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

MissPizza keeping busy is definately a big part of it!! A lot of people have a tendancy to eat because they are bored and think they are hungry when they really arent. I used to be one of those, I think lol. I always ask myself when I think I'm hungry "are you hungry cuz you are bored?" It works for me
Hope this helps

Michelle
Old 05-17-2004, 02:05 PM   #10  

I think you hit the nail right there -- busy is the secret. I'm never hungry when I'm busy, but, boy, let things get idle, and all I can think of is munching
Closed Thread