Old 05-11-2004, 12:18 PM   #1  

Unhappy Hi Everyone, Looking for Help

Hi, I'm going through a mega-craving problem. I have been doing South Beach with my husband and until yesterday I have been weathering OK. Actually I have been trying to support my husband. I have been following the plan with 95% faithfulness, but today it is very hard and I feel like hitting McDonald's hard. Any suggestions to weather this crave storm?

START DATE APRIL 19
WEIGHT ON JAN 27 343lbs
WEIGHT ON MAY 10 329lbs
GOAL WEIGHT 160lbs.
mommamichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 02:59 PM   #2  

Hi mommamichelle, be strong you can do this. A craving is just a craving. It is something our brains want but we don't really need. Try doing some form of exercise to take your mind off of it, or maybe suck on a peppermint or brush your teeth. I promise it will pass and you will be proud of yourself for not giving in to it. Check out the quote in my signature, it has helped me through numerous chocolate attacks! Just remember, if you do go off track, don't wait to get back on. Just put it behind you and move on working towards your goals. Good luck!!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 05:41 PM   #3  

Michelle, I know how bad those cravings can be. I am not familiar with South Beach diet. I know that I don't totally deprive myself from fast food. I can now eat it with moderation. I figured I had better learn since fast food in here to stay. I find that exercise really helps to reduce my cravings. Sometimes though I am not strong enough and I give in to the craving and geez I feel guilty afterwards and that does not give me much joy at all. Afterwards I always tell myself it was not worth it. So many times now I can just think about the guilt I will feel and that usually stops me from giving in to the craving. Stay strong!! You can do it!!
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 05:42 PM   #4  
missaprylj

Hey,

I hope you haven't given in.

A good way to get around going to McDonalds is to pick up some of the nutritional information about it. (see this site's homepage, calorieking.com, etc.) An 800 calorie burger? I THINK NOT. (With 70 grams of fat, of course.)

Please stick this one out!
Old 05-11-2004, 06:24 PM   #5  

I agree with all the things already said! Sometimes I can distract myself with exercise or something other than food but sometimes I have to look at the nutritional info and then i can find something else that I would enjoy just as much. I go to McDs but i get the 4 peice nuggets and a friut and yogurt parfait and I am much happier with that. Keep at it and if you do give in its not the end of the workd just dont make it a habit or feel like you failed so you might as well eat everything in site. I have "failed" too many times to count this last year and a half but I am still here and doing well!
dowsx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 07:28 PM   #6  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

You can do it. Don't give in. If you want it wait until you make plans to have it within the limits of your plan don't go get it on an impulse we all know the guilts not worth it. I have fast food every now and then but I get it in small amounts and within my days calories. I hope you over come your cravings. Be strong. And if you did give in don't beat yourself up. Go right back at it. Not the next day but the very next meal. You can do it and we are all pulling for you.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 10:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

I know its hard. You know if I really really have to have something (Like a burger) I go to the store and get some extra lean turkey burger, add some beef flavor and grill it up on the george foreman grill. Slap on a piece of FF cheese pile it with veggies and put it between 1 piece of whole wheat low carb bread.. Mind over matter!! You can do it!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 05:12 AM   #8  

I'm kind of with Gretchen on this one.....first thing I do is to eat something healthy (fruit/veggies/yogurt etc), drink water, so that I deal with the hunger thing....that usually helps. Then, I do something to distract myself (exercise, call a friend, take a bath, whatever)....and I also 'plan in' most of the food that I like......

hope you're doing OK
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 09:18 AM   #9  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Ok - so how did you do?? Did you make it past the craving. How did you do it?? It's so hard because it's all a head game.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 10:07 AM   #10  

Red face Got Through The Day, Thanks Everyone

Well, I struggled through the day. But I made it. It was kind of scary because it was the first time in three weeks that I went through "crazy cravings." For lunch I made myself some garlic onion toast. I made it with 7-grain bread, a little olive oil, kosher salt, garlic salt, onions, and part skim mozz cheese (just a little) and baked it. It was actually pretty good. Also had a cup of strawberries. I went to my parents house for Mother's Day (a little late) and had 3 english muffin pizzas, my Dad makes them by splittting english muffins and making mini-pizzas with them. Probably not very "South Beach," but I would used to have 5 or 6 of them, so 3 is a little better. Also had lots of water. I feel lots better today. THANKS EVERYONE!
mommamichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 11:25 AM   #11  

Great job Michelle!! You did it!! Wonderful job at staying strong! We knew you could do it!
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 04:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

WTG and your meal choices sound yummy.

As for me I'm learning more on portion control and not limiting any foods. If I want micky-ds then I'll have it but I also look up the nutritional values and decide what I want to eat before hand (even if that means only having 1/2 of everything I order and trashing the rest)
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 07:21 PM   #13  

Way to go! Its never easy facing down a craving but you stayed strong! Score one for you.
dowsx4 is offline   Reply With Quote