Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 01:07 AM   #1  

Question any experience with HGH product?

So many good ads, but really suspect the usual supplement type of HGH or HGH releaser. Any experience?
Old 05-11-2004, 09:32 AM   #2  
it's always something

The ads will always be good

I don't have any experience with them. I read this on the University of California, Berkeley Wellness website:
Quote:
Human Growth Hormone

Claims, Benefits: Will slow or reverse the aging process, boost muscle strength, renew energy, and keep you healthy.

Bottom Line: There's no evidence for this. And there's no way of knowing what's in the supplements on the market or what they'll do in your body.

Full article, Wellness Letter, February 2001:

Wellness Made Easy

Beware of claims that human growth hormone or related products will help keep you young.

Though the level of this hormone tapers off as we age, there's no evidence that replacing it will slow or reverse the aging process, boost muscle strength, renew energy, or keep you healthy in any way, as its proponents claim. (There are FDA-approved medical uses for growth hormone in children or adults with deficiencies, usually from genetic causes, tumors, or damage to the pituitary gland, but that's a different matter.) Real growth hormone, a prescription drug that is injected, is very expensive. It can have severe side effects, including increased risk of certain cancers and diabetes. Health-food stores and websites offer "growth hormone" products—"precursors" that are supposedly converted into the hormone, and "releasers" that are supposed to stimulate production of the hormone. You have no way of knowing what's in these supplements or what they'll do in your body, since they are unregulated. Avoid them.

UC Berkeley Wellness Letter, February 2001

Here is a Q&A from WebMD
Quote:
Growth Hormone Not for Weight Loss

By Richard Weil, MEd, CDE

WebMD Answers to Questions Archive

I have seen a lot of products in health stores that have the GH (growth hormone) in it. I am extremely active (cycling class two times a week, run three times a week, plus moderate weight training), but I can't lose this gut! The HGH box says it helps to reduce body fat and increase muscle size and cut. What's your opinion of this?

Answer:

Growth hormone is a potent hormone that should never be taken without the supervision of a physician. Blood levels need to be drawn, and symptoms and growth need to be carefully monitored. In addition, there is no guarantee of the purity of any GH you purchase illegally, or any GH analogues you purchase online or anywhere else. If you feel you need GH for a growth problem, or some other problem, you should speak with your physician. There's not a shred of evidence that GH directly reduces body fat. If you want to lose body fat, watch your intake of calories and fat, and keep up with weightlifting and aerobic exercise. You're looking for trouble when you look for short cuts.

Hope that helps
Closed Thread