South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 03:45 PM   #1  

Default How Am I Doing So Far?

Would you experienced chicks take a look at my food diary for the past two days and see if I've done okay?

Yesterday:
B: 4 med eggs scrambled topped with salsa
1 string cheese stick
L: Salad w/iceberg lettuce topped w/lean ham, reduced fat cheddar cheese, and reduced fat ranch dressing
S: 2 string cheese sticks and 1 Tbsp red fat peanut butter
D: Small Wendy's Chili (about 3/4 of it), Broccoli, and SF Popsicle

Today:
B: Leftover Wendy's Chili and 1 glass of FF Milk
S: 1 Hardboiled Egg and 1 String Cheese
L: 3 grilled chicken tenders, pinto beans, broccoli and 2 c sf jello
S: 2 oz lean ham and 1 String Cheese

I'm planning on grilled boneless pork chops w/fat trimmed off and broccoli or other green veggie for dinner.

I've had about 64 ounces of H2O today.

Thanks!

Last edited by nicolee; 05-03-2004 at 03:47 PM. Reason: forgot to finish sentece
Old 05-03-2004, 04:18 PM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Amanda,

I'm definitely not experienced, but it looks like you have a ton of protein, but not much in the veggie arena. Also, check out your reduced fat dressing--does it have sugar in it? I looked at a bunch in the dressing aisle at the grocery store last night, and found very few have low sugar...but the Pfeiffer brand is yummy and has less than 1g of sugar.

Otherwise, sounds like you are doing fine!

Laurie
Old 05-03-2004, 04:33 PM   #3  

I checked the dressing before I bought it to make sure it had less than 3 grams of sugar. It has 2.

I know I'm lacking in the veggies, but I'm so picky when it comes to veggies. About the only veggies I eat are broccoli and green beans. Any recommendations?
Old 05-03-2004, 05:06 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Hi, Amanda!

That's great! I wish my favorite had less than three...it has four.

Do you like tomatoes, onions, peppers? Cucumber? What about zucchini or summer squash? I personally am not very fond of veggies, in general, but there are lots of them that are not as strong in taste and thus easier to eat, for me.

My mom makes this awesome recipe for green beans that have balsamic vinegar and tons of garlic in them. She steams them, then sautes them in balsamic with garlic, S&P, until the balsamic becomes syrupy. They are so good!

There is a great Phase 2 recipe in the SBD Cookbook for green bean casserole. Sounds amazing!

I have to go, but maybe we can talk more later...I am always looking for other ways to get veggies into my diet!
Old 05-03-2004, 08:02 PM   #5  

I forgot about those veggies! I love cucumbers, but they don't love me. I'll just have to deal with it. Just thinking about cukes and ranch dressing is about to drive me nuts!

This day has been very hard for me. I've been fantasizing about jelly beans! I know I can succeed at this diet if I can just get through this first phase. I don't think I'm eating big enough portions, but I'm so used to the WW mentality and I'm starving. I know I'm not supposed to be hungry but I'm afraid to eat more.

Good to talk to you. I'll check in tomorrow.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:21 AM   #6  

When you eat tons of vegies and drink lots of water it fills you up so you end up having smaller protein portions. The cravings are pretty bad in the first few days. Hang in there, they will pass.
Old 05-04-2004, 06:05 PM   #7  
I can do this!

Amanda, I so understand that "If I'm not hungry, I won't lose weight" mentality. I hope you can get over it!

Have you tried cucumbers with NO peel? The peel makes many people sick. If you take all the peel off, you might not get sick.

Hope you can find some veggies you like!
Closed Thread