Old 04-26-2004, 01:17 AM   #1  

Default Atkins and Breastfeeding?

Has anyone done it? I had HUGE success after I weaned my older daughter on Atkins. I want to nurse longer but thought I'd try a modified Atkins(eat more than 20 carbs) Will not going into Ketosis still allow me to lose weight? SHould I even bother if I do not allow myself into Ketosis? Has anyone else here done Atkins while nursing, and what were your results? I have about 30lbs to lose.
summiebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 07:00 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Please check with your doctor! You certainly don't want to damage the health of your child or your own health!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 11:43 AM   #3  
Head Princess

I haven't done it, but that Atkins website (and the book) says that while preganant or breastfeeding, you should be in maintenance.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 02:29 PM   #4  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

As long as you are not on induction.... (like Star recommended "Maintenance") you should be fine. Keep your fluid intake high and your dairy/veggies high. I nursed both my babies for a year and since I had gestational diabetes, I stuck with a lowcarb plan to keep my blood sugars OK. I was very afraid even after the pregnancies. You DO NOT want to be in ketosis though!!!
Kim in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote